Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Look at all these scrub-tier pets, I bet yours hardly ever pee on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm used to pretty reliable flights from taking Southwest a bunch of times.

Anyway, let's move off of pets and switch to that other Instagram standby: food. I had a bigass shawarma for lunch with chicken and falafel and it was good. What did everyone else stuff their faces with today?

PB&J at work, pad thai for dinner.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I loved the aesthetic that comix zone went for, it was great.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
*barges into thread, out of breath* o-oh um here is my pupper hope you think she's cute

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

bloodychill posted:

Whenever this happens (which is weirdly often), I always wonder what the hell is going on. Like did the pilot just wander off and get drunk? Did someone not show up for work? Does the airline not have a back-up they can call?

Oh god I sound like a bad 90's Seinfeld bit.

Shorter shifts are usually fly to X-Y, minimun mandated break/rest, fly Y-X. poo poo gets changed, delays, understaffing etc etc and suddenly you don't have a pilot.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

A good gaming rat.

One more reason to love Morrowind is that's one of the only pieces of media I've ever seen where the rat noises are completely authentic, both the squeaks themselves and the fact that they only ever do it when they're particularly stressed out due to fighting or whatever. Usually they just dub constant stock squeaky noises over them or give them monster growls.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dogs rule, dogs drool

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

They should do a kickstarter to make a sequel / remaster of THAT game. Comix zone was so unique.

actually don't they'd just ruin it

Grapplejack posted:

I loved the aesthetic that comix zone went for, it was great.

Literally smashing your way from panel to panel. There's nothing else quite like it. (Viewtiful Joe I guess?)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

*barges into thread, out of breath* o-oh um here is my pupper hope you think she's cute

dawwwww :3:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Literally smashing your way from panel to panel. There's nothing else quite like it. (Viewtiful Joe I guess?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otE3lJ--nKo

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

The only bad pets are ferrets, because if you're going to all that effort and expense you could be getting a chinchilla instead of a stinkweasel.

It's true. Puffballs are good so here's mine next to a friend's cat.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

a kitten posted:

Is the friend's cat actually you and you're too embarrassed to doxx yourself

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Zaphod42 posted:

It was probably poo poo, but I think a dfo clone did this exactly this a few years ago?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

a kitten posted:

why is that cat not instinctually trying to rip that rodent's head out of its spine?

I thought cats did that but I could have been grossly misinformed (I had a rabbit who people advised me to keep the hell away from stray cats)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

KingSlime posted:

why is that cat not instinctually trying to rip that rodent's head out of its spine?

I thought cats did that but I could have been grossly misinformed (I had a rabbit who people advised me to keep the hell away from stray cats)

Cats are natural hunters and will usually try to chase, hunt and kill things smaller than them, especially mice and birds, but it's pretty easy to get them to identify specific small animals as friends instead of prey, especially if they grow up around them. And some cats just don't give a crud about hunting in the first place.

I think bunnies and chinchillas might be too big to read as possible prey to most cats, though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i played this game years ago and all i remember from it is a whole lot of sex jokes

plays pretty decently though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i played this game years ago and all i remember from it is a whole lot of sex jokes

plays pretty decently though

From the devs that would later bring you Lococycle lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

i watched the trailer for that game and still had no idea what the gently caress it was

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

KingSlime posted:

Different cats are different man. I had a cat that used to kill multiple birds in a single day, and drag them into the house to gift us. We had to put a bell on her collar to give the birds a fighting chance warning to get the gently caress out of dodge before they got murdered.

Meanwhile other cats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_Lr7pKLBQ

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

KingSlime posted:

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference between pets and feral animals.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I forgot about that. Is it a game? Because I just watched the first steam trailer, which... looks like it's for a movie. Also awesome.

Oh man, I see the gameplay now. Did anyone ever play this?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

I forgot about that. Is it a game? Because I just watched the first steam trailer, which... looks like it's for a movie. Also awesome.

Oh man, I see the gameplay now. Did anyone ever play this?

It's not

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Haha, found this steam review:

Racist bat corrupting children posted:

It may not be pretty, fun, or interesting in any way, but I'm glad they decided to make this game take up 15 gigs by not compressing their horrendously unfunny FMV cutscenes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference between pets and feral animals.

Nah plenty of pet cats will eat all the vermin they can get their hands on. (Hell, most won't even eat them, just continually hunt and toy with them until they die from injuries :v:)

Bunnies are hard to say, the cat wouldn't hunt the bunny probably because of size, but cats beat the poo poo out of other cats so I assume if the cat gets afraid of the bunny he can gently caress him up pretty good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Cat's can not only kill rabbits with their teeth and claws, they snap their necks by hugging them around the neck and pushing with their back feet.

Which is funny, because I'm pretty sure that's what rabbits to fight also.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah plenty of pet cats will eat all the vermin they can get their hands on. (Hell, most won't even eat them, just continually hunt and toy with them until they die from injuries :v:)

Bunnies are hard to say, the cat wouldn't hunt the bunny probably because of size, but cats beat the poo poo out of other cats so I assume if the cat gets afraid of the bunny he can gently caress him up pretty good.

My parents cat, runt of the litter, so tiny that even though she's almost 15 people still think she's a kitten managed to kill a baby fox and proudly display it on the couch.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah it really varies from cat to cat, or any two animals of the same kind for that matter.

That particular cat (who is not me :v: ) was super chill and after a very closely monitored introduction the two of them just ended up co-loafing under that chair, if not exactly like old friends at least like tolerant roommates.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

holy poo poo hitman is so good

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

holy poo poo hitman is so good

Its great but some levels are vastly more fun than others.

If you haven't done them, the "Elusive Targets" almost feel like the real game, as pretentious as that sounds. The normal missions are almost like, warmup, and then the elusive targets are the real deal where you're roleplaying a hitman trying to kill somebody and you can't gently caress up, but you've studied the area to every last detail and you mapped out a fool-proof plan.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

If you haven't done them, the "Elusive Targets" almost feel like the real game, as pretentious as that sounds. The normal missions are almost like, warmup, and then the elusive targets are the real deal where you're roleplaying a hitman trying to kill somebody and you can't gently caress up, but you've studied the area to every last detail and you mapped out a fool-proof plan.

the guy at the shop warned me it "wasn't as good as absolution" which i can only assume means he was a loving idiot

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Hahahahaha.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean I figure if someone's a big fan of Absolution they won't like the newest Hitman because it's a definite step away from Absolution.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Zaphod42 posted:

I feel that you're wrong? Elusive targets are fun, yes, but in my case the real game has been playing in the puzzle boxes, figuring out the best plan to do challenge Y or KO everyone in the level, or something. Also, given how quickly a risky plan can go to hell, a restart/reload is a godsend.

But I mean, on the other hand you're right, elusive targets nail the feeling of the one-shot at the level and target, which is as close to an IRL assassination that you're gonna get - I'm just not a fan of that pressure all the time, when I've had 60+ hours of fun with the rest of the game!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

he also got mad when i returned rise of the tomb raider

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Also my new favorite way to play Hitman is the horror-style runs in Bangkok where you get a hatchet or other edged weapon and murder your way through the hotel. Really really fun after painstakingly sneaking my way through a floor so I can nail a target! :D

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

I mean I figure if someone's a big fan of Absolution they won't like the newest Hitman because it's a definite step away from Absolution.

how could someone even be a big fan of absolution

it's like being a fan of the first hitman. it's terrifying that such a person could exist.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

how could someone even be a big fan of absolution

it's like being a fan of the first hitman. it's terrifying that such a person could exist.

I mean, it's probably the only hitman they've played, and if you're a fan of mostly scripted straightforward story-driven third person games, well...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Snak posted:

I mean, it's probably the only hitman they've played, and if you're a fan of mostly scripted straightforward story-driven third person games, well...

I don't even think it has to be that it's the only Hitman they've played, your second point is probably more apt. Some people simply don't like being thrown into a big puzzlebox with an objective at one end and being told "eh, just figure something out." I mean I agree that "a big puzzlebox where you're left to gently caress about with things on your own" is really what Hitman should be, but someone else who's more of a fan of scripted, story-driven, third-person games who bounced off the other games in the series might very well have played Absolution after someone told them to give it a try, it's more their speed, and it turns out they really love it.

e; to be clear I don't think Absolution is very good as someone who enjoys some story-driven third-person games either.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

I don't even think it has to be that it's the only Hitman they've played, your second point is probably more apt. Some people simply don't like being thrown into a big puzzlebox with an objective at one end and being told "eh, just figure something out." I mean I agree that "a big puzzlebox where you're left to gently caress about with things on your own" is really what Hitman should be, but someone else who's more of a fan of scripted, story-driven, third-person games who bounced off the other games in the series might very well have played Absolution after someone told them to give it a try, it's more their speed, and it turns out they really love it.

e; to be clear I don't think Absolution is very good as someone who enjoys some story-driven third-person games either.

Tell them to turn on opportunities!

...also as I understand it, Absolution is a muddled, racist, sexist, offensive mess of a game and :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

StrixNebulosa posted:

Tell them to turn on opportunities!

...also as I understand it, Absolution is a muddled, racist, sexist, offensive mess of a game and :yikes:

Absolution is not very good, no. I don't really remember too many things about it even though I actually played it to completion out of boredom back when I played it on console...did I borrow it from someone, I legit can't remember...beyond the latex fetish nun assassin squad which was in the trailers, but I do remember that it was like someone decided that what Hitman really needed was a poorly written story full of grindhouse-esque characters and the whole thing just felt weirdly off.

• Locked thread