Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Is ADTRW's hatred of Anime Strike so universal now that we can talk torrenting their exclusives?

"now"
anime strike hasn't existed until this season.
their service is difficult to navigate, 2-3x more expensive than CR/other options, and they seem to be doing very little work to lock down these licenses (they're being handed them all by Sentai). so I don't begrudge anybody talking about torrents at this time. of course this is all coming on the heels of a season where they didn't release any of their noitamina exclusives in the US until well after they had concluded airing and did so with zero indication that they were officially out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

CR isn't doing great either, so honestly the overall streaming landscape has me really down this season

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re:Creators - What the hell did I stumble into this is soooo godamn good.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

"now"
anime strike hasn't existed until this season.
their service is difficult to navigate, 2-3x more expensive than CR/other options, and they seem to be doing very little work to lock down these licenses (they're being handed them all by Sentai). so I don't begrudge anybody talking about torrents at this time. of course this is all coming on the heels of a season where they didn't release any of their noitamina exclusives in the US until well after they had concluded airing and did so with zero indication that they were officially out.

We've known about its existence for at least a month now, so we've had time for our collective hate to fester.

As far as price, I saw somewhere recently that it was $5/mo with a prime sub. Now ideally it would be $0/mo with a prime sub, but $5 toes the line for me.

But it is absolutely absurd that a completely new service was able to pick up multiple high-profile exclusives. At least when Daisuki started up it didn't have any exclusives despite having a solid lineup.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The only reason I was able to find Bahamut 2 was because someone gave me the direct link. I have no idea how your supposed to find an individual series in that mess of a UI that's just barely changed from their storefront

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol at you guys talking about Torrents. I say we go further, cut ourselves off completely from dependence on streaming. Bring back fansubs!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Guy Goodbody posted:

Lol at you guys talking about Torrents. I say we go further, cut ourselves off completely from dependence on streaming. Bring back fansubs!

"I'm only uploading the first episode because it's on Amazon early and a fansub group will be subbing it with Amazon's video."

nyaa's already ahead of you here buddy

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

How quick did crunchyroll usually put out their simulcasts after the original broadcast. Cause Amazon took a good 5 hours and it was really bugging me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

How quick did crunchyroll usually put out their simulcasts after the original broadcast. Cause Amazon took a good 5 hours and it was really bugging me.

It would range between an hour to a day or two, barring cases like the TBS week delays.

Looks like senpai.moe archives the broadcast times for old seasons: http://www.senpai.moe/?season=winter2017&mode=calendar

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Re:creators came out before first broadcast I think

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

re:creators had some decent action and i appreciated them just basically jumping headfirst into the premise instead of having a double length first episode of nothing but exposition like fate/zero or something. seems like the black lagoon guy was fairly heavily involved, at least going by the pacing, so hoping we get some really inventive action later - it'd be kind of a shame to have all these disparate powers and just have them run at each other in empty fields.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Take everything good I said about Kado, tweak it for Fate/Zero, and add a Sawano soundtrack.

That's Re:Creators.

One of the best opening episodes I've seen.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul seems pretty good.

Nina is:
1) very cute
2) very strong
3 very thirsty for All the Boys

Final Verdict:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Sagarada Reset is, on paper, totally my jam.

In practice it's an exercise in making a show that's both highly methodical and creatively blind. It has several interesting ideas that it has no idea what to do with. It has several interesting characters that is has no idea how to present in an interesting manner. It has a particular story it wants to tell and has no idea how to tell it. Someone earlier called it a bad version of the Monogatari franchise and I though they were being reductive. But having seen it, that's exactly how I feel. There are a lot of lessons Sagrada Reset can learn from how the Monogatari franchise presents dialogue because it's doing it totally wrong. Nobody wants to watch a series about the world's most emotionless, expressionless, and awkwardly philosophical highschoolers talk to each other while staring at nothing in particular.

Hell, it didn't even have the decency to have some semblance of a plot. Things happened, none of it was interesting either within itself or in context of anything else. The only thing that excited me was the concept of their teaming up to make use of their combined abilities to do something but the show didn't even hint at that ever happening, and even seemed to be actively against that happening.

I seriously have no loving idea what they were trying to do with this show :psyduck:

e: And on the other hand, Bahamut continues to be a visual spectacle of the highest order. drat to I love the look and movement of this show.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 8, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, Bahamut is great. It's got a very particular directorial style that you don't really see in animes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have a feeling that this anime year might be as good as 2006.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

What... is anti-anime?

anti-anime is... anti-action

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anti-sci-fi

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anti-comedy

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anti-martial arts

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
anti-anime is... not from Japan

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
totally expected

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
kid's stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is anti-anime, a deconstruction?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

chumbler posted:

Is anti-anime, a deconstruction?

I saw Madoka once, I don't need to see it again

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

anti-anime is... anti-action

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

anti-martial arts

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

anti-anime is... not from Japan

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

totally expected

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Re:Creators: Humanity is going to be destroyed because someone found a henty about themselves.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The new protagonist of Bahamut is pretty great, and I totally forgot how good the animation was.

Mordja posted:

Man, Bahamut is great. It's got a very particular directorial style that you don't really see in animes.
Seeing Berserk and Bahamut on the same day is the saddest thing.

EDIT: here I'll save someone the effort:

Sindai posted:

Seeing Berserk [...] is the saddest thing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Apr 8, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it really is sad how the adaptation for a cell phone game got two big budget seasons dripping with charm and style but berserk ended up as... that.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it really is sad how the adaptation for a cell phone game got two big budget seasons dripping with charm and style but berserk ended up as... that.

... For a moment I thought you were talking about Kemono Friends and got super excited for a second season...

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 8, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not as sad as the people in the Berserk thread still planning on watching a show they hate.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

a deconstruction of anti-amines

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Well, one of these is a fresh IP with a lot of creative effort put into it and ideas that deserved more than a cheap mobile game, while the other one is just a low-risk retreading of barren grounds. To me, the accomplishments of the former are worth more than Berserk fans' cries of "wahh, now we only have eight other decent but mostly uninspired retellings of the same story we've read twelve times"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The material in the recent Berserk TV series is the only time that part has been animated.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

are worth more than Berserk fans' cries of "wahh, now we only have eight other decent but mostly uninspired retellings of the same story we've read twelve times"
you're a moron. please actually learn anything, about anything, before insulting people who have slightly different wants and desires from you.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 8, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anime should bring us together, not tear us apart

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Your tearing me apart Anime!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012