Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Lobok posted:

Hitman is a must-have, and since you're going to be in a leg cast I think it's thematically the most appropriate game to play to amp up those Rear Window vibes.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Anybody have any insight into this Shiness game that is upcoming? I'm not wild about the characters but the world style seems pretty cool and it looks to be a more... complete? RPG than I'm used to seeing out of Focus. Menus and interface look good and the combat system might be, too? My concern is it's going to be like 10 hours long.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Most of my complaints about Gravity Rush 2 have become irrelevant because I just got the camera and am having way too much fun taking vacation pictures of Kat eating everywhere.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first three missions of Dishonored 2 are up as a free demo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Renoistic posted:

Most of my complaints about Gravity Rush 2 have become irrelevant because I just got the camera and am having way too much fun taking vacation pictures of Kat eating everywhere.

This was me with Watch Dogs 2, except it was taking photos of dogs on the beach

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 7, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Renoistic posted:

Treasure hunting by photo is great and could be its own game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whoever wrote Dishonored 2 watched way too much Game of Thrones

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Any EU goon got the 10€ cashback from spending more than 50€ on March? I only had an e-mail a few days ago telling me that I'd get a notification on my PS4 between the 6th and 7th but got nothing at all.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

I forgot about HELLBLADE for awhile but it seems interesting, if it ever gets released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEAqYz_DdKg

Looks a little bit Heavenly Sword, a little bit Eternal Darkness. Ninja Theory has kind of a mixed pedigree but 2017 seems to be a banner year for good games with dumb names.

As far as story-focused games go Hellblade looks awesome and original.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Any EU goon got the 10€ cashback from spending more than 50€ on March? I only had an e-mail a few days ago telling me that I'd get a notification on my PS4 between the 6th and 7th but got nothing at all.

Same.
Got the e-mail, didn't even know there was a promotion going on and checked earlier today; nothing. Gg, sony.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bought primal when it was on sale, after renting it when it came out and thinking it was ok, just to load my save and go into one of the absolute worst segments of game I have ever experienced. This part where you are an elephant and you have to kill rhinos by hitting them with your trunk. It's shocking how poorly done it is.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

This part where you are an elephant and you have to kill rhinos by hitting them with your trunk. It's shocking how poorly done it is.

:laugh: Is your character tripping balls or something?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yes. And I feel like I was tripping balls paying 15 dollars for this game

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Yes. And I feel like I was tripping balls paying 15 dollars for this game

Glad I held back for a $5 sale.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guillermus posted:

Nothing here either

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If you havent thought about playing nier yet, arent sure what it is, or just have 30 minutes to listen to a once skeptical guy who never played the first game talk probably a bit too fondly of a game he now considers in the running for game of the generation, this video was pretty good for friday before bed imo. https://youtu.be/-NiyfG8Ctbo

Warning: gameplay spoilers to demonstrate why its such a fun and interesting game

Trigger warning: CA enthusiasts will cringe when he says nier fighting is bayo crossed with dmc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I bought primal when it was on sale, after renting it when it came out and thinking it was ok, just to load my save and go into one of the absolute worst segments of game I have ever experienced. This part where you are an elephant and you have to kill rhinos by hitting them with your trunk. It's shocking how poorly done it is.

That part is like 30 seconds? Unless you're playing those weird DLC missions. They are bad, yes. I also hated fighting three lions in a cave, that one mission was death city.

If Horizon let you feed and pet robots it would be strictly better than Primal in every way

glasses-idiot
Oct 23, 2014

please stop yelling at my pregnant wife

veni veni veni posted:

when i got primal and did this bit i died way more than anyone ever should in a ubi game.

gently caress most of far cry primal. the only good part was throwing your big club to bonk other cavemen.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This was me with Watch Dogs 2, except it was taking photos of dogs on the beach

Somebody pet that dog please

🐕

Closing up Yakuza 0 and MGS at the same time is really loving tough. These games never end omg wtf. They're good but wowie MGS idc I want to do cool sniping and sneaky and rocket shooting not dixking around in MB

And Yakuza ahhh damnit I lost like 6 hours of real estate work. Said F it and just went from leisure king to swapping to majima thing when you go to little asia

I thought I saved so hard that hurt so bad

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 8, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Somebody pet that dog please

The game has some of the best petting animations!

http://i.imgur.com/U0UISP8.gifv

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That part is like 30 seconds? Unless you're playing those weird DLC missions. They are bad, yes. I also hated fighting three lions in a cave, that one mission was death city.

If Horizon let you feed and pet robots it would be strictly better than Primal in every way

I think it's part of the dlc. I didn't recognize the mission at all. It's like 30 minutes straight of whacking rhinos with your elephant trunk. There's probably 75 of them. Meanwhile there is basically no feedback on whether you are getting hit or landing hits, and you get killed by stuff off screen because the fov and controls are terrible. It is just outrageously bad.

Petting or not Horizon is 50 times better than Primal.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Far Cry DLC is notoriously bad.

And Watch Dogs 2 even gives you a trophy for petting lots of dogs. Which almost makes up for the one you get for taking a selfie with a homeless guy throwing up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Real hurthling! posted:

Trigger warning: CA enthusiasts will cringe when he says nier fighting is bayo crossed with dmc

Ngggh.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The game has some of the best petting animations!

http://i.imgur.com/U0UISP8.gifv

Awwwwwwwwwww! I should play WD2..

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Persona 5's dungeons are expertly designed

They loop back on themselves with shortcuts and if you do them in chunks every ingame day your characters stay well rested and the pacing for the player is excellent

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

Persona 5's dungeons are expertly designed

They loop back on themselves with shortcuts and if you do them in chunks every ingame day your characters stay well rested and the pacing for the player is excellent

They're better just for being complete dungeons rather than towers with randomly-generated layouts :v:.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're infinitely better than the previous games, yea

I miss being able to get health in the dungeon tho (they removed the heal station and you can't get hp/sp back as rewards from battles anymore; it's just items and skills now). I really messed up in the first dungeon by underestimating how long it'd be and didn't realize how limited your sp is; had to leave before I wanted to

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

they're infinitely better than the previous games, yea

I miss being able to get health in the dungeon tho (they removed the heal station and you can't get hp/sp back as rewards from battles anymore; it's just items and skills now). I really messed up in the first dungeon by underestimating how long it'd be and didn't realize how limited your sp is; had to leave before I wanted to

Save points are regular, it's not like P3/P4 where you need to rely on Goho-M's to get out and return to the start of the floor you were on. There's ample opportunity to just stop and leave for the day.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Persona 5 is really good. It's a shoo-in for my goty if it doesn't get all stupid late in the game. My favorite game too honestly, which isn't a surprise since P4 was my favorite before it. I never knew how much I wanted stealth action in my jrpg's until this game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Save points are regular, it's not like P3/P4 where you need to rely on Goho-M's to get out and return to the start of the floor you were on. There's ample opportunity to just stop and leave for the day.

that's completely irrelevant to my point, which is that I don't want to stop for the day

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's completely irrelevant to my point, which is that I don't want to stop for the day

Days are a resource and its very apparent they want you to burn up a few days doing a dungeon this time around. No more mysterious fox to let you just do the whole dungeon in one day(unless that's later in the game and I don't know about it).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Brew coffee and hang out with your anime dad for SP items

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

later on theres someone that will brew the coffee for you. i do like the new dungeons but man i dont know if this counts as spoilers so dungeon 3 spoilers after establishing the forced break in the second dungeon i sort of expected more coming forward, and i have only recently finished dungeon 3, but considering how the first dungeon has a ton of safe rooms and the second dungeon has a forced break in it and still a decent amount of safe rooms and then the third dungeon has i think three total safe rooms and you could actually technically finish it in one day? i did i think 80% of it in one day just trying to push through for a mid point before asking how far i was and finding out i finished most of it. i don't know, i thought the pacing on that third dungeon was really weird especially after the first two

oh also you can get sp restoring accessories still but they're outrageously expensive

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

rabidsquid posted:

later on theres someone that will brew the coffee for you. i do like the new dungeons but man i dont know if this counts as spoilers so dungeon 3 spoilers after establishing the forced break in the second dungeon i sort of expected more coming forward, and i have only recently finished dungeon 3, but considering how the first dungeon has a ton of safe rooms and the second dungeon has a forced break in it and still a decent amount of safe rooms and then the third dungeon has i think three total safe rooms and you could actually technically finish it in one day? i did i think 80% of it in one day just trying to push through for a mid point before asking how far i was and finding out i finished most of it. i don't know, i thought the pacing on that third dungeon was really weird especially after the first two

oh also you can get sp restoring accessories still but they're outrageously expensive

I think with the third one it's because it eats a bunch of time with the setup for it and the two separate countdowns, so it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
Goodnight

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

You too, bud

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Days are a resource and its very apparent they want you to burn up a few days doing a dungeon this time around. No more mysterious fox to let you just do the whole dungeon in one day(unless that's later in the game and I don't know about it).

no I get that (you literally can't complete a dungeon in a single day anymore because of the calling card) and you don't gotta explain it to me :v: it's just a change that I don't appreciate, personally

I could have hit the treasure in one go if I'd had literally any healing items left tho. just gotta wait for the hp/sp restoring skills and accessories that are in every smt game and stock up on restoratives until then I guess

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Manatee Cannon posted:

no I get that (you literally can't complete a dungeon in a single day anymore because of the calling card) and you don't gotta explain it to me :v: it's just a change that I don't appreciate, personally

I could have hit the treasure in one go if I'd had literally any healing items left tho. just gotta wait for the hp/sp restoring skills and accessories that are in every smt game and stock up on restoratives until then I guess

I personally appreciate it because the days where I'd clear the previous dungeon and the new dungeon in the same day in p4 were really god drat brutal to get through. Being forced out, while vexing from an optimization standpoint, has really helped the pacing to me. Now if only there weren't so many days where you don't get to make decisions. That's really my only complaint so far.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's totally a personal preference thing for sure and I'm not gonna call it bad that they changed it

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
GameStop in my city has reduced the price of Gravity Rush 2 from 600 DKK on launch down to 150 today. It's not even a sale, that's just what it costs now.

It really, really didn't sell well, did it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've managed to do each dungeon in P5 in the absolute minimum days but man that first one was really tough. I had to reload the final section a few times till I figured out how to best get into as few fights as possible. I may be extremely stubborn.

Anyway it gets way easier to do it after the first one.