Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So they were able to follow those people into that room the whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Err, the door was locked, then they've unlocked it, tossed a grenade and figured no one's gonna try to get in and will be dead by grenade a few seconds later anyway, so no need to lock it again.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

emoji posted:

Friend on FB: "If a cigarette could talk it would sound like Crisjen Avasarala"

You should hear her album of Tom Waits covers.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Ha, swing and a miss. Thanks.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cojawfee posted:

So they were able to follow those people into that room the whole time?

In the books, rather than standing around being judgemental, Naomi unlocks the door from our end. When it's unlocked is when they throw the grenade through.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

PriorMarcus posted:

In the books, rather than standing around being judgemental, Naomi unlocks the door from our end. When it's unlocked is when they throw the grenade through.

Yea funny that tv writers would turn a strong woman into a stereotypical bitch-on-screen. :(

#NotAllSkylars

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Yeah let's just go ahead and not go down that path either way. No reason to make this thread any worse than it has gotten at times.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Naomi has plenty to say about Holden going all cowboy in the books, too. It would be weirder if she didn't have feelings about her boyfriend/captain getting all trigger-happy.

The big change in those scenes is that, in the books, Naomi isn't there at all. She's hacking the facility from off-site to unlock doors and stuff for Holden, Amos, and Prax (and some stranded private security guys they run into and hire). I get why they changed that for the show; it streamlines things a lot to have her just be in the room with everyone.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

worst pizza party ever...

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

So I'm catching up on the thread and am a couple dozen pages behind but I just want to say that if this season doesn't end with the line "Hey, we need to talk." I'm going to be EXTREMELY upset.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

etalian posted:

You'd think after that laugh line about have some pizza it reduced the dramatic tension so they'd have some snappy back and forth but instead we get the walls painted in space marine bolognese. lol

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Crazycryodude posted:

So I'm catching up on the thread and am a couple dozen pages behind but I just want to say that if this season doesn't end with the line "Hey, we need to talk." I'm going to be EXTREMELY upset.

The Venus pacing has been really weird and uneven but they might still get there, possibly by skipping over some steps.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

etalian posted:

Maybe space pizza is really disappointing like lab grown mars meat.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Crazycryodude posted:

Wow same

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Yea funny that tv writers would turn a strong woman into a stereotypical bitch-on-screen. :(

#NotAllSkylars

My problem is more that they could've had the actors moving around and doing things in the setting whilst conveying their emotions, not just standing in the background being flatly directed.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

ApathyGifted posted:

He would have had to lie to the whole crew then, because he was the ship chaplain talking about knowing her dad before she ever went to Ganymede.

Being a chaplain is obviously just a cover for him being some sort of secret political officer but it still adds to the irony that the guy bitching about her generation being soft is, on paper at least, a non-combatant.

I get the impression that the martian military is pretty opaque and basically layer on layer of maybe-intelligence folks on very long leashes

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Anderson Dawes south London accent is ridiculous and I lol everytime

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

fridge corn posted:

Anderson Dawes south London accent is ridiculous and I lol everytime

It sounds more South African than anything to me.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Crazycryodude posted:

:same: Extreme south London.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Crazycryodude posted:

I actually had forgotten about this but now I'm really excited.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Crazycryodude posted:

Where do you get that? It doesn't sound south African at all. Most i hear is south London, maybe mixed with a few other London accents but definitely not south African

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I just got caught up with the show again I still really miss Miller.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

unlawfulsoup posted:

Maybe space pizza is really disappointing like lab grown mars meat.

Always mushroom toppings.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Yeah I definitely thought South African too.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I just got caught up with the show again I still really miss Miller.

slay those who didn't like the space PI haircut

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I thought this was a very jovial (no pun intended?) and fun episode. The quip from Bobbie to Avasarala about, "well then you should've been more specific" was hilarious and Avasarala's reaction was just perfect. The grenade scene was really good too. I love this show.

The venus pacing is way off though. I can totally not care about that if they do the Avasarala meeting on Mao's ship scene well though.

I miss the gently caress out of Miller. Amos is a great actor, but damnit Miller so sold that character.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Holden failed Naomi's loyalty check :lol:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Holden failed Naomi's loyalty check :lol:

forgot to do the side missions before the main quest?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

His face was tired, from everything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He wasted too much time getting those power ups.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
<insert quip comparing The Expanse to an RPG or game here>

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If you don't like RPG comparisons or science spergin' this is the wrong space rpg TV show thread.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
"I wound the scientist to show my displeasure at having to keep him alive."
Roll 20
"Blood sprays out of his skull as you execute a perfect headshot."

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Is this thread always this vague?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Finndo posted:

Is this thread always this vague?

That depends on what you're referring to. Stuff related to book spoilers? Yes, vague.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Longbaugh01 posted:

That depends on what you're referring to. Stuff related to book spoilers? Yes, vague.

They were paraphrasing Prax from earlier in the season.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Toast Museum posted:

They were paraphrasing Prax from earlier in the season.

Oh, duh.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

SUBFRIES posted:

Always mushroom toppings.

Are there no vestiges of civilization in space!?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

unlawfulsoup posted:

Are there no vestiges of civilization in space!?

The books describe at length about how much of the food belters eat on the stations like Ceres are basically fungi-based. Like fungi-whiskey, fungi-noodles, and so on.

I think the obvious thing here would be that your pizza would consist of a fungi-based crust, with fungi-based cheese, topped off with mushrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
apparently cheese needs to be imported from earthside

which is pretty weird, a combination of fats and proteins emulsified in water seems trivial to synthesize on an industrial level, as is fermenting it all up. you could probably skip all steps and use tryptone as your flavor enhancer, msg style

• Locked thread