Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the hawks are going to win the stanley cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Interesting how everyone else other than Leafs fans are making a big deal out of this. Considering the schedule it's very possible that they don't make it and that's absolutely fine. Season was a huge success already.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

LAS on the outside

quote:

Interesting how everyone else other than Leafs fans are making a big deal out of this. Considering the schedule it's very possible that they don't make it and that's absolutely fine. Season was a huge success already.

LAS on the inside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cPbzD7ZSw&t=106s

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Crazy fans are ridiculous. Thankfully I'm not a crazy fan.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 8, 2017

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

hahahahaha

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Bushkorn is a national treasure.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

If the Leafs miss then maybe they'll realize paying for gritty veteran depth leadership at the deadline was stupid, and maybe the shine will come off of the bad veteran coach favourites too, so I'm down.

The worst part about being so close to making it was the way people took it as validation for the shittier parts of the roster, if a collapse helps management stop sniffing their own farts then I don't see the downside.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Actually, im calm right now. Ive become buddhist recently and i will not have a meltdown if the leafs blow the season on the last day. I dont even really like hockey. Too busy getting laid and hanging out with my friends.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

There will be comedy if the Leafs miss, but honestly I'm much more interested in seeing them in the playoffs. I suppose I'm okay with either outcome.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Koopa Kid posted:

If the Leafs miss then maybe they'll realize paying for gritty veteran depth leadership at the deadline was stupid, and maybe the shine will come off of the bad veteran coach favourites too, so I'm down.

The worst part about being so close to making it was the way people took it as validation for the shittier parts of the roster, if a collapse helps management stop sniffing their own farts then I don't see the downside.

Or they trade Nylander

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
oh also Anders Bjork is probably signing with the Bruins very soon since Notre Dame got the poo poo kicked out of them the other day by Denver. Between him, McAvoy, and JFK, Boston suddenly has a lot of potentially NHL-ready prospects

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/850542127578787844

How nice of the Habs to help the Wings get a win for their last game at The Joe. :)

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Actually, im calm right now. Ive become buddhist recently and i will not have a meltdown if the leafs blow the season on the last day. I dont even really like hockey. Too busy getting laid and hanging out with my friends.

EVERYTHING IS FINE

E: watching LFR10 last night was painful

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

yellowcar posted:

How nice of the Habs to help the Wings get a win for their last game at The Joe. :)

It's not their last game at the Joe. Tomorrow they play the Devils at home.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

EVERYTHING IS FINE

E: watching LFR10 last night was painful

But the best ones are the ones where he loses his goddamn mind. The last one was glorious.

santanotreal posted:

I stand corrected.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

bump_fn posted:

the hawks are going to win the stanley cup

I hope so :)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

santanotreal posted:

What a thrilling last game to close out the Joe.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

What a thrilling last game to close out the Joe.

It can be a Two Bad Teams game and have goals galore! :)

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
N: :smith:

V: :smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Dallas Stars play the Colorado Avalanche tonight, I believe.

:effort:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson makes his NHL debut today on a pair with Seth Jones. CBJ took him 29th overall in 2015 after trading back into the first round to get him.

Torts says Werenski will be back for the playoffs. :getin:

While we're at it, here's how Markus Nutivaara went from a Finnish beer league to the NHL: http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170407/blue-jackets--nutivaara-blue-liner-from-out-of-blue

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 8, 2017

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/850709940192907264

Here's a little bit of hope for you.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Neither Pittsburgh or Columbus has anything to play for and should be resting as many starters as they can, it's not like the games aren't winnable.

But Leafs fans know it won't matter.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

yellowcar posted:

But the best ones are the ones where he loses his goddamn mind. The last one was glorious.

I stand corrected.

I didn't say it was bad as entertainment, but he was basically right about everything and that hurt my feels

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Ummm I think you mean Hobey Baker trophy winner Kevin Porter and Memorial Cup Champion Tristan "what a goddamned stupid first name" Jarry.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Koopa Kid posted:

Neither Pittsburgh or Columbus has anything to play for and should be resting as many starters as they can, it's not like the games aren't winnable.

We are the Nihileaf Nation.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I guess I was wrong, some Leafs fans here do care about making the playoffs this year. I'm still of the mind it's fine if they don't but I might be in the minority apparently. I think they win tonight though.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I care in so much that I think it would be a great accomplishment for a rookie team to do. I'm still ok with them not and expected them to not. It would still be sad to see them miss though.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/status/850742801625120770

My vote is early, to maximize the amount of time the crowd just sits there stunned

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bob starts today in Philadelphia, which leads one to presume that Korpisalo goes tomorrow against Toronto.

You're welcome, LAS.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It's all just a setup to make the inevitable collapse more :lol:worthy

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
It would be hilarious if Kessel scores to help eliminate the Leafs from playoff contention. Would rather that didn't happen but I admit it would be funny.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DuhSal posted:

It would be hilarious if Kessel scores to help eliminate the Leafs from playoff contention. Would rather that didn't happen but I admit it would be funny.

Extra points in over time.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
It's good for rookies to get a taste of the playoffs when there isn't a lot of pressure (Toronto tho :laffo:) since the experience for later is invaluable, but that said: obviously I am rooting for the great southern hope

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

DuhSal posted:

I guess I was wrong, some Leafs fans here do care about making the playoffs this year. I'm still of the mind it's fine if they don't but I might be in the minority apparently. I think they win tonight though.

I would be ok if they didn't make it but it would be a bit disappointing given how close they are

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

yellowcar posted:

santanotreal posted:

Keep fuckin up that draft slot boyos

yellowcar posted:

It can be a Two Bad Teams game and have goals galore! :)

Somebody hasn't watched the Wings or Devils this season.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
e: double post

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sully said Murray isn't hurt, so yay on that.

Koopa Kid posted:

Crosby is playing tonight. Malkin is not. Maf is starting.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Basically the Pens and BJs are doing everything in their power to help the Leafs get in and lol if they gently caress that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
These were the morning skate lines:

Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary
Kuhnhackl-Cullen-Kessel
Simon-Bonino-Sestito
Wilson-Rowney-Archibald

lmao at that third line

Dumoulin-Maatta
Cole-Daley
Hainsey-Schultz
Streit-Gaunce

Sullivan said Maatta is not playing so probably Streit or Gaunce in.

• Locked thread