Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

the surf ninjas are great, and legit a good way to make a water route more memorable than 'it is a water route with swimmers who use fish'. it's a stupid idea but it's a fun stupid idea and they poke it with the exact amount of frequency to make sure it doesn't overstay its welcome. one encounter to suddenly bring the idea, one to establish 'yes, this is a thing that happens here', one to conclude the concept, and then they just go away.

they don't do surfers enough anyway. have they...have they EVER done surfers on water routes? it seems so obvious and yet i can't recall them, just swimmers.

...they do have surfers in Alola right? surely they have surfboarding in the region based on the place that like invented the sport

Nope, still just swimmers/triathletes and divers. The only surfer is Brawly and that's just a thing he does rather than really come into anything; also it might be anime only.

We do have skiiers and snowboarders, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Vinylshadow posted:

Something like this perhaps?

He looks quite done with everything

Not enough art for Theo either

Isn't Theo like 8

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

DeafNote posted:

as I said before
knowing what the Uranium evolution looks like, it shows that the game creator had a strong disagreement with Nintendo on this one

I just looked it up, and at least the idea seems fine? I always thought it seemed like that line was a subtle poke in that direction anyway. Ugly-rear end sprite though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Raserys posted:

Isn't Theo like 8

Yes, Theo is years younger than the player. He is a whiny, brat of a child, because he is a literal elementary schooler.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

rannum posted:

We do have skiiers and snowboarders, however.
And it's pretty obvious that the surf ninjas are just re-coloured snowboarders.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

FWIW there are Ace Trainers in ORAS using surf right before Ever Grande City? Not exactly surfboards though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Something like this perhaps?

I really like this, especially because it is droopy.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I updated the fart section in the second post. I may have missed something, somewhere.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Dabir posted:

See I kind of have sympathy for Energizate cause it's obvious that what happened is someone came up with "Energize" as the perfect name then was wracked with guilt over it not ending in -ate.

There's no goddamn excuse for Atomizate when Radiate would have worked fine.

Or Irradiate, they're even real words that kind of describe what the ability does.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

To be fair - At least to Energizate, since Irradiate would obviously work much better for the other one - Aerilate isn't a word either.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

LAY-ZX posted:

To be fair - At least to Energizate, since Irradiate would obviously work much better for the other one - Aerilate isn't a word either.
Neither is Energate.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Flying type should be bloviate

Because it makes you longwinded.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

LAY-ZX posted:

Aerilate is weird because "aerate" already exists and could actually work.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Generate would work pretty well for electric type too.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Tunicate posted:

Flying type should be bloviate

Because it makes you longwinded.

:golfclap:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Generate would work pretty well for electric type too.
Sht, that is good.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Precipitate for water moves. Let's make it rain!

Wrt better pokemon games: The next Sage demo will be 7-8 hours long and is scheduled to release some time in April or May. Source: A Discord moderator.

After bouncing off X hard due to it's neverending stream of old 'mons and dripfeeding new ones at a rate of 1/route, I was pleasantly surprised by Sage demo #1.

Naggums
Aug 6, 2014

Kurieg posted:

The pokedex entry says that the only reason it doesn't gut you and eat your entrails is because it remembers being your friend as an eevee.

i love this more than i should love anything from Uranium, tbh

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I sure hope from this discussion then that there's a Psychic version that's called Pontificate.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Obviously the Dark version would be Eradicate, and appear on a Dr Who reference 'mon. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Aerdan posted:

Eradicate

We're talking about abilities, not Pokemon. :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Asehujiko posted:

Wrt better pokemon games: The next Sage demo will be 7-8 hours long and is scheduled to release some time in April or May. Source: A Discord moderator.

After bouncing off X hard due to it's neverending stream of old 'mons and dripfeeding new ones at a rate of 1/route, I was pleasantly surprised by Sage demo #1.

this is pretty cool to hear, as long as it's true and all. i knew they were aiming for a beefy demo the next time they released something so it'll be neat if that actually happens

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Asehujiko posted:

I get this line of thought, but that was actually a selling point for me. The pokedex is goddamn GINORMOUS at this point and I liked the diversity that Kalos offered.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I hope it'll survive a takedown and not cause the whole game to get C&Ded.

If they can fix the problems that the old Sage demo had, I'll definitely be excited for the full release.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dr. Fetus posted:

I hope it'll survive a takedown and not cause the whole game to get C&Ded.

If they can fix the problems that the old Sage demo had, I'll definitely be excited for the full release.

as i've said before, given where the game started out i dunno if we'll be hurting for a full copy of the game even if it gets taken down by nintendo. sure will be a lot of opportunities for the game to 'fall off the back of a truck' at the hands of someone leaking it to the public.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Yeah, the idea that 4chan of all people are going to have trouble distributing a copyrighted work is kinda nuts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If nothing else, the Streisand Effect is going to make very sure it doesn't die quietly. (See: AM2R)

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Asehujiko posted:

I was thinking Liquidate but that works too!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'd say Hydrate but I think that one might be taken

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Golux posted:

I was thinking Liquidate but that works too!

Already a move name now.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

PMush Perfect posted:

If nothing else, the Streisand Effect is going to make very sure it doesn't die quietly. (See: AM2R)
Ah yes, now there's what I'd consider the definitive example of a fangame.

The amount of work and detail that went into that game is insane and was a blast to play through.

A pokémon fangame with that amount of effort put into it would be legendary.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Tunicate posted:

I'd say Hydrate but I think that one might be taken

Hydration is.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Aerilate is weird because "aerate" already exists and could actually work.

I am not gonna complain about it to the Mega Salamence with the Double Edge

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Aerdan posted:

Obviously the Dark version would be Eradicate, and appear on a Dr Who reference 'mon. :v:

I disagree, because the word you're looking for is "Exterminate."

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Bloviate, to turn a normal type move into... a normal type move with a sound component?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Some Numbers posted:

I disagree, because the word you're looking for is "Exterminate."
Not if we're talkin' about the Time Surgeon

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dear me i think I like the idea of an aging punk looking doctor.

Better have a TIME=MONEY knuckle tat.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Ah yes, now there's what I'd consider the definitive example of a fangame.

The amount of work and detail that went into that game is insane and was a blast to play through.

A pokémon fangame with that amount of effort put into it would be legendary.

Day in the Limelight 2 is another good fangame example.

Reimou
Jan 20, 2015
Here we go. Nucleon is the Tandor pokemon I would consider the single strongest one of them all. Even in the parts of the game where you're fighting nothing but other Nuclear types, Nucleon *can* learn Shadow Ball... if you remember to do so before it evolves. It can't use the TM anymore after it evolves.

Hyper Voice/Hyper Beam/Shadow Ball/Quick Attack can carry you singlehandedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
nucleon's a cutie

• Locked thread