Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Does anyone make a Switch case that can hold 30 Amiibodes?

Asking for my friend Ricky who is an idiot and only has 30 Amiibii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Why doesn't anyone make a Switch case that holds the power supply so you can actually play it?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Does anyone make a Switch case that can hold 30 Amiibodes?

Asking for my friend Ricky who is an idiot and only has 30 Amiibii.

this should work

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Why did nintendo put the slowest serial comm in for the game carts*? Games should not have a 45s load screen

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ethanol posted:

this should work

Don't sign you're posts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Why doesn't anyone make a Switch case that holds the power supply so you can actually play it?

Good news if you're after a portable bomb then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQULgVJocMo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ethanol posted:

this should work

Yaas queen yaas!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Why did nintendo put the slowest serial comm in for the game carts*? Games should not have a 45s load screen

Ecuador they're a bad company who will do any cheap thing for a profit

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

If you're talking about the Lego game it's just poorly programmed. Zelda loaded fine via the cart

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Soul Glo posted:

People own lots of games

MicroSD cards are pretty small, you can buy two of them and switch them when needed

Just buy the cheapest physical Switch game, scoop out the insides of it and presto! you got a 100% safe microSD storage vehicle

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wow I'm gonna need bigger cargo pants

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Calaveron posted:

Oo ok I think the 38 gig game was the lego game and not Zelda

iirc that DQ game that's only released in Japan clocked in at something like that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

this should work

Dr Cheeto posted:

Don't sign you're posts

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yaas queen yaas!

lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I will buy Nintendo games and play them on my Nintendo Switch

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Dr Cheeto posted:

Amiibo? Brother you better believe imibo!

Amiibo? I hardly know her!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wheany posted:

Amiibo? I hardly know her!

What's an Amiibo?
A miserable pile of NFC chips!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Marie is my amiibae

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hell, same.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Don't do it!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

iirc that DQ game that's only released in Japan clocked in at something like that

That's two PS4 games one one cart though. I wouldn't count on too many Switch games pushing that kind of size. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will probably be the next biggun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this looks sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioYUWfWpHG0

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fantasy Life x Stardew Valley x Monster Hunter? Sure why not.
It might be super bland by trying to hit so many different genres tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ya probs but im gonna def buy it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

enojy posted:

That's two PS4 games one one cart though. I wouldn't count on too many Switch games pushing that kind of size. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will probably be the next biggun.

Does anyone think it really will release this year? I hope they're not gonna crunch out something half-baked but I would sooo love to play me some xenoblade again

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does anyone think it really will release this year? I hope they're not gonna crunch out something half-baked but I would sooo love to play me some xenoblade again

I mean Xenoblade Chronicles X came out almost 2 years ago, I could see Monolith Soft having something by the very end of the year if all they've been doing since it came out is XC2.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ratbert90 posted:

What's an Amiibo?
A miserable pile of NFC chips!

NFSecrets

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I mean Xenoblade Chronicles X came out almost 2 years ago, I could see Monolith Soft having something by the very end of the year if all they've been doing since it came out is XC2.

They were pulled in to help out with Breath of the Wild during the massive overhaul after Nintendo took a hard look at the game and were really unhappy with it. Although we don't know how much work they did or how much this impacted other projects.

I'd like to get an in-depth look at BoTW's development, it sounds pretty interesting.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 8, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How rare are the Shovel Knight amiibos? I really want to do the co-op and someone here said the best way to get a collection going is to buy your first one. I'm not gonna freak or stress about rare amiibos, but the co-op for Shovel Knight looks neat.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 8, 2017

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Co-op is a standard feature now, no amiibo required.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I've always felt pretty self conscious about this because it seemed like I was always the only person who believes it. But I've grown and become less concerned about what other people think of me and my opinions and therefore I can express them without fear of ostracisation. I'd like to share this with you now. I hate Smash Brothers, every game is gutter trash poo poo, it's just mashing buttons and looking at characters you feel emotionally connected to due to nostalgia.

I hope they never spend any more money making one because it steals time away from a good game they could make instead.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Co-op is a standard feature now, no amiibo required.

Yeah, the amiibo now gets you a little shovel fairy that follows you around and is cute.

Nolgthorn posted:

I hate Smash Brothers, every game is gutter trash poo poo, it's just mashing buttons and looking at characters you feel emotionally connected to due to nostalgia.

I hope they never spend any more money making one because it steals time away from a good game they could make instead.

I'm sorry you feel that way, friend. It's okay not to like things sometimes.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm sorry you feel that way, friend. It's okay not to like things sometimes.

Don't make me feel good about this, I want to be miserable!

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
It's okay to not like things.

It's a different story to say, "I hope they stop wasting their time and resources on certain thing I dislike".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nolgthorn posted:

I've always felt pretty self conscious about this because it seemed like I was always the only person who believes it. But I've grown and become less concerned about what other people think of me and my opinions and therefore I can express them without fear of ostracisation. I'd like to share this with you now. I hate Smash Brothers, every game is gutter trash poo poo, it's just mashing buttons and looking at characters you feel emotionally connected to due to nostalgia.

Why have you played every smash game if you hate them so much

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh! well neat. im still gonna buy the little guy i think.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
shovel knight is my favorite platformer of all time

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Shovel Knight amiibo is cool and pretty easy to find where I live. Let me know if you have issues

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

eonwe posted:

shovel knight is my favorite platformer of all time

I just bought the collection so it better be good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Shovel Knight amiibo is cool and pretty easy to find where I live. Let me know if you have issues

I have an issue. I don't know why some people want to gently caress their amiibos, what's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
People want to gently caress their amoibo?

• Locked thread