Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
from what little i know of erfworld it's very much unlike homestuck as far as i knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I don't see how it's Homestuck, unless you just use "homestuck" as shorthand for "bad webcomic". It's about a fat nerd who gets transported to a cutesy world of pop culture references where everything behaves like the rules of a wargame.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

White Coke posted:

It sounds like the comic itself is aware of the fact that she's gone to far towards the other extreme, and that she'll need to learn to how to balance out her personality in order to become the Rising King.

I mean yeah absolutely it's on purpose, he didn't draw it that way by accident unlike, say, magic scissors

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't really see how Erfworld is either like Homestuck or fetishistic.

If I were going to describe it, I'd say it was about a wargames genius transported to a world of wargames, where he learns a valuable lesson about how people's stupid drama will interfere with the perfect strategy every drat time, like seriously Wanda can you keep it together for ten drat minutes?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Erfworld had some BDSM notes early on, and occasionally it comes up that these child-sized adults are sexual beings. I guess that's where the "fetishistic" bit is coming from, but I'm lost on the "Homestuck."

K6BD is more Homestuck, considering its origins and that it occasionally asks for audience input.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Superficially they are both about universes that follow game rules, it's not a completely spurious comparison.

Also, one of them is bad. I'll let you decide which ;)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ixjuvin posted:

Superficially they are both about universes that follow game rules, it's not a completely spurious comparison.

Also, one of them is bad. I'll let you decide which ;)

I have a hunch this is a trick question, but I will never know for certain as I literally do not have enough free time to read Homestruck.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The secret is they are both bad. Liking either comic demonstrates nascent stockholm syndrome tendencies since you should have given up well before you got to the point where either were interesting.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Benson Cunningham posted:

The secret is they are both bad. Liking either comic demonstrates nascent stockholm syndrome tendencies since you should have given up well before you got to the point where either were interesting.

i thought erfworld long ago ceased being a bad comic and instead became bad online fiction.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i stopped reading erfworld after the first book or chapter or whatever when it moved to it's own site, i didn't think it was bad but it was like, okay, i'm good, don't need more

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have a fetish for big fluffy ears

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

erfworld is okay v:shobon:v

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Erfworld book one is actually pretty good as a stand-alone work. I wouldn't call it afterward BAD but it's got flaws that aren't really present in book 1.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Cat Mattress posted:

I don't see how it's Homestuck, unless you just use "homestuck" as shorthand for "bad webcomic". It's about a fat nerd who gets transported to a cutesy world of pop culture references where everything behaves like the rules of a wargame.

So, Homestuck

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

reignonyourparade posted:

Erfworld book one is actually pretty good as a stand-alone work. I wouldn't call it afterward BAD but it's got flaws that aren't really present in book 1.
I used to try to keep up with ErfWorld, and I'm gonna agree. Book 1 was pretty good as its own short one-shot thing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

There's already an Erfworld thread everybody.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I like Kill 6 Billion Demons.

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010

Malpais Legate posted:

I like Kill 6 Billion Demons.

hell, same

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm stoked to see mammon's full body tbh, including juicy human buttocks as per my theorem

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
butt theorycrafting itt

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
His butt isn't human but his thighs and calves sure are.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Allison and her Beagle Boys are gonna rob the poo poo outta this money bin

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I might be really late to this but has anyone pointed out how Alison's sorority sisters kind of look like her current team?

(L-R Princess, Cio, ???, White Chain, Nyave)

I'm guessing this is just a fun visual and not a Wizard of Oz type signifier that it's all a dream.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

:aaaaa:

Nice catch.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

there was actually an earthquake and the entire comic has been a fevered hallucination as her brain swells in her skull due to a blow to the head

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Actually this thread is the fever of a 25 year old white man from the midwest as he overdoses on fenatyl.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where did you get your av from, by the by

it's quite something

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Assuming you mean me it's from a Gunshow strip: http://gunshowcomic.com/276

Looking at it again the middle sister could be Maya? She says they need to talk about this sword.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Tollymain posted:

where did you get your av from, by the by

it's quite something

Reach heaven by extreme shitposting.

I am one foot inside... peasant.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Party Boat posted:

I might be really late to this but has anyone pointed out how Alison's sorority sisters kind of look like her current team?

(L-R Princess, Cio, ???, White Chain, Nyave)

I'm guessing this is just a fun visual and not a Wizard of Oz type signifier that it's all a dream.

Might mean we've got one final Team Fuckup member to go.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

Might mean we've got one final Team Fuckup member to go.

Zaid?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Incoming Gender Bender plot twist.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i think you guys might be reading a bit too much into "artist draws characters in a vaguely similar art style"

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Clearly the ringed ceiling light is representative of the Wheel, with the bulb being the city of Throne.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The bindi worn by the one on the right side of the panel represents the Key of Kings which is why she called Alison out for being a white girl wearing a bindi, think we just figured out who the REAL final boss is going to be.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Great nirvana best price

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I'm the lady of the night smokin' through her eyeholes.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i'm the dude to the left of allison's hair who faceswapped with the monkey on his shoulder

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I am so tempted to change my avatar to Great Nirvana Best Price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That guy is right - Allison does have great ears.