Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wait, what happened to oyster toad fish

Did ed balls kidnap him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm legit baffled about how the airstrike is what turned alt-right vehemently and thoroughly against trump

what, I thought you'd be great with blowing browns up

what

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm legit baffled about how the airstrike is what turned alt-right vehemently and thoroughly against trump

what

Also all the usually bad dem media like the Washington Post are cheering Trump's ineffective airstrike

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

etalian posted:

Also all the usually bad dem media like the Washington Post are cheering Trump's ineffective airstrike

we live in interesting times

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

what

they like assad for some reason

i think RT is popular with them maybe?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

"thank god, piss baby is finally acting like our previous five presidents"

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

welp, death is certain i guess

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
remember that time you hoped for death

good prep work

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Very presidential doing an effective military action to bolster approval ratings

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

cat in business attire

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

and i must meme posted:

who knows

I mean with Trump I can at least understand why, he's literally human slime and his broken brain gives him the attention of a five year old. I can't understand what it's like to be that way, but I can understand cause and effect, you just stop attributing complex motives or moves and take it at face value

but this

I don't even know what to make of this

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Global politics is hard
https://twitter.com/raniakhalek/status/850774028080095232

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

My retirement plan is to die within six months of my parents refusing to support my slothful lifestyle

I'm getting a headstart on retirement planning by drinking heavily

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Vertical Lime posted:

the donald j trump presidential library

nah this one is just hilarious

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/850853023928778756

lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

etalian posted:

Very presidential doing an effective military action

let me stop you right there

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

and i must meme posted:

He's supported by Putin. They wanted a big strong daddy like Putin. Also Assad doesn't have a scary Muslim beard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
again it's actually not surprising at all. The alt right is an almost entirely libertarian movement. Libertarians are hardcore isolationists. Trump ran a campaign where a major platform of his was that isolationism. It'd be like if Obama suddenly said 'you know, those thugs deserved to die, #bluelivesmatter people think of the real victims here'. A major thing he said in the campaign that was designed to appeal to a major part of his base's ideals got flushed because Ivanka saw a sad picture.

Like, they're stupid assholes who deserve nothing but embarrassment for thinking Trump could be trusted to begin with, but it's not a complex thing.

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

what

strange as it might seem some legitimately bought into 'trump as peaceful isolationist'

instead of 'trump is tacky and impotent' and not seeing how explosions fit in

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oh hey, I guess trump's plan really was to help putin by enabling isil action, worsening the refugee crisis and making it more likely for europe to fall to far-right nationalism

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

it'll never cease to amuse me how much mcconnell looks like a goddamn turtle man

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

It wasn't a complete waste, Raytheon stock jumped up 4 point after the airstrike

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcCYWQawcRA

but with every incredibly complex situation donald trump sticks his dick into

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone posted this in the nitecrew thing

its cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfPwtUTP4k

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

galenanorth posted:

cat in business attire

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

galenanorth posted:

cat in business attire

tucker catson

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

Crusader posted:

it'll never cease to amuse me how much mcconnell looks like a goddamn turtle man

it is truly uncanny

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
they bloody would though wouldn't they if Assad's boys are knocking about

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sexpig by night posted:

again it's actually not surprising at all. The alt right is an almost entirely libertarian movement. Libertarians are hardcore isolationists. Trump ran a campaign where a major platform of his was that isolationism. It'd be like if Obama suddenly said 'you know, those thugs deserved to die, #bluelivesmatter people think of the real victims here'. A major thing he said in the campaign that was designed to appeal to a major part of his base's ideals got flushed because Ivanka saw a sad picture.

Like, they're stupid assholes who deserve nothing but embarrassment for thinking Trump could be trusted to begin with, but it's not a complex thing.

Alright that makes more sense.

Does this mean there's a bunch of lovely pseudo-Berniebros that are suddenly realizing actions have consequences? if so lmao

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

In this April 7, 2017, photo, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., talks to reporters before the vote to confirm President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
would kurt cobain have been a berniebro or a hillaryman

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/starshiptroop1/status/850371253382852613

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

deadgoon posted:

tbh he'd be dead if he hadn't already been dead

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

deadgoon posted:

he would've shot himself earlier

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hello I am a 50 year old with zero retirement savings. I just wanted to let you all know I'm taking out a reverse mortgage on this thread.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

deadgoon posted:

he was the voice of generation x

he would have backed jeb, maybe rubio

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Kurt Cobain was purestrain Johnson.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bethamphetamine posted:

Hello I am a 50 year old with zero retirement savings. I just wanted to let you all know I'm taking out a reverse mortgage on this thread.
      \

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chokes McGee posted:

Alright that makes more sense.

Does this mean there's a bunch of lovely pseudo-Berniebros that are suddenly realizing actions have consequences? if so lmao

Maybe, but they also take issues like 'no tax money for the goddamn nig-I mean urban poor' and 'regulations are for queers if you don't want sewage dumped in your water maybe pay for a better river idiot' just as seriously so they're probably just Paul or Johnson voters who went through a meme phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

jBrereton posted:

"President Trump... in 2008, you had no soldiers... and we needed an army of millions to hold you back...
Last year, you had many soldiers - and we needed as many in return...
Donald... this year you have millions of soldiers. The best in the world, perhaps. And a mere 10,000 elite troops would be enough to defeat you.

Such is the power of pigheaded mediocrity in leadership." - Xi Jinping

• Locked thread