Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This is why I've been focusing a lot of my effort on the realm dungeons while half-stamina lasts, I'm up to 127 stamina cap. Maybe I'm making a mistake not grinding orb fest or whatever, but I figure a higher stamina cap lets me do more stuff in the future. Plus its nice to have the option to do a few dungeons and then be able to set the game aside for several hours to recharge instead of only a couple hours.

It seemed like the best play and I did the same thing, I'm up to 152 myself. However now that the orbfest reappeared and the dailies are going to rotate out I switched my priority to getting the mastery reward from each of them.

It's actually a pretty fun way to see how the team has gotten stronger, here's my orbfest clears before I grab the missing rewards:

Black: hardest difficulty cleared Normal (23)
Power: hardest difficulty cleared Hard (50)
Holy: hardest difficulty cleared Heroic (80)
Fire: all clear
Weapons: all clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
On the topic of team composition, while I'm probably sticking with my 4/5 IX team until I finish Rose of May (might even level Quina and swap them in to replace Tyro), I'm wondering if I can make a better team. Here's my profile; Beatrix is obviously going to be a permanent team member, between her BSB, her being one of my favorite characters, and her just being really, really good, and Eiko's probably staying until I get a better healer SB, but I'm not sure about the others. Based on SBs, my DPS options are Cloud, Zidane, Bartz, Steiner, and Kuja, among others, while for Support I have Tyro, Faris, and Quina. The former I can probably mix and match as needed, but the latter three I'm having trouble with. Tyro I don't have a great SB for besides SG, Quina's kind of weird and relatively limited, and Faris I... Don't have at all. I have her BSB, but not the character or her crystals.

Given their BSBs being Full Breaks combined with lesser breaks, Faris and Quina both seem like they could replace Tyro eventually, if Wall isn't as important now, but how do the three compare? Also, any other advice based on what I have, I suppose?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zurai posted:

Incorrect.

I said most cases, not all. I'm well aware that there are a variety of setups where you can make them do real work, but in the specific case of Fujin in a team stacking a bunch of Mag buffs, (and also in general use without supporting gear and record dives and a boss weakness against a high res opponent), you're generally better off with Blk.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

On the topic of team composition, while I'm probably sticking with my 4/5 IX team until I finish Rose of May (might even level Quina and swap them in to replace Tyro), I'm wondering if I can make a better team. Here's my profile; Beatrix is obviously going to be a permanent team member, between her BSB, her being one of my favorite characters, and her just being really, really good, and Eiko's probably staying until I get a better healer SB, but I'm not sure about the others. Based on SBs, my DPS options are Cloud, Zidane, Bartz, Steiner, and Kuja, among others, while for Support I have Tyro, Faris, and Quina. The former I can probably mix and match as needed, but the latter three I'm having trouble with. Tyro I don't have a great SB for besides SG, Quina's kind of weird and relatively limited, and Faris I... Don't have at all. I have her BSB, but not the character or her crystals.

Given their BSBs being Full Breaks combined with lesser breaks, Faris and Quina both seem like they could replace Tyro eventually, if Wall isn't as important now, but how do the three compare? Also, any other advice based on what I have, I suppose?

You can grab Faris's MC1 and MC2 from the WOFF event right now, real easy. Definitely keep Tyro around, because Wall is really important at the stage you're at. It will let you beat tougher fights and get more resources and generally keep the snowball rolling. I'd go with a team of Tyro, Eiko, Faris, Beatrix, and your favorite DPS character. Probably not Kuja because it doesn't look like you have any good mage support options. What SBs do you have for the physical DPS?

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 8, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Attestant posted:

What kind of issues are you having at 80+, survivability or lack of damage?

Both. Was trying to do the 80 difficultly raid solo and got my poo poo pushed in

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fister Roboto posted:

You can grab Faris's MC1 and MC2 from the WOFF event right now, real easy. Definitely keep Tyro around, because Wall is really important at the stage you're at. It will let you beat tougher fights and get more resources and generally keep the snowball rolling. I'd go with a team of Tyro, Eiko, Faris, Beatrix, and your favorite DPS character. Probably not Kuja because it doesn't look like you have any good mage support options. What SBs do you have for the physical DPS?

Well, let's see. The big ones are Cloud's OSB, Zidane's SSB, Bartz's SSB, and, uh, I guess Steiner and Amarant's SSBs? Plus assorted regular SBs, including some more for Zidane (I think I have three or four of his relics). Cloud and Zidane (and I guess Bartz) seem like the ones who are winning there, really, by far. Cloud because of his OSB, and Zidane because he's, well, Zidane, and gets a lot of cool stuff (though I think he probably still loses to Cloud without his own BSB/OSB, and if I bring Faris and her BSB in his SSB is a lot less useful).

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I just got a push notification for a year three sign in bonus but nothing when I launched the game :confused:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Well, let's see. The big ones are Cloud's OSB, Zidane's SSB, Bartz's SSB, and, uh, I guess Steiner and Amarant's SSBs? Plus assorted regular SBs, including some more for Zidane (I think I have three or four of his relics). Cloud and Zidane (and I guess Bartz) seem like the ones who are winning there, really, by far. Cloud because of his OSB, and Zidane because he's, well, Zidane, and gets a lot of cool stuff (though I think he probably still loses to Cloud without his own BSB/OSB, and if I bring Faris and her BSB in his SSB is a lot less useful).

Definitely Cloud. Grab a Shout RW, and stack as much +ATK (up to 467 with Shout) and +wind on him as you can. Also try to get Lifesiphon honed up to R2 or R3.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Party Boat posted:

I just got a push notification for a year three sign in bonus but nothing when I launched the game :confused:

This sort of thing happens sometimes but this one is particularly egregious. That login bonus was just about two weeks ago.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fister Roboto posted:

Definitely Cloud. Grab a Shout RW, and stack as much +ATK (up to 467 with Shout) and +wind on him as you can. Also try to get Lifesiphon honed up to R2 or R3.

I have two R3 Lifesiphons (and an R1 one for some reason?), so I'm good there. +Wind, sadly none. I have plenty of +Holy for Beatrix, but of course her BSB sword covers that better than the other options anyway.

Though I think Cloud (or perhaps Tyro) might have been booted, actually; I just pulled on banner 4 of the festival, hoping for Eiko's flute (because of course she needs more Soul Breaks), and this was the result:

Not only did I get the BSB I wanted, I now have a Holy OSB. Beatrix, meanwhile, has an Imperil Holy BSB. I think there's some synergy there.

...Whenever I get Orlandeau. He's another person I don't have, and unlike Faris there isn't an event to snag him from.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 8, 2017

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Tactics is coming up

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's a drat good draw. Fortunately you can also get a soul of a hero to unlock Orlandeau in the current event. If you've already bought the one from WOFF, you can also try the nightmare battles. Definitely give Cloud the boot (except for wind weak fights). Tyro is still worth keeping around.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Have exactly 50 mythril on a fairly new game. Thinking if doing another 11 draw while events are going on. Not sure if I should do one of the new 2nd anniversary ones or do keepers choice vol 2 again. Got physician staff from that one but not the grimoire or platsword.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Definitely not keeper's choice 2 again instead of one of the anniversary banners

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Have exactly 50 mythril on a fairly new game. Thinking if doing another 11 draw while events are going on. Not sure if I should do one of the new 2nd anniversary ones or do keepers choice vol 2 again. Got physician staff from that one but not the grimoire or platsword.

Keeper's choice will be around for a while. Go for the anniversary banners. Having them around for an extended time(and all at once even) is unprecedented, so take advantage of that. Banner 1 is the best top-to-bottom imo but YMMV depending on what you want or need.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Turns out Braska's Robe is pretty nice, and his offensive SSB is no slouch either I'm told.

Thinking about setting up a mage team now.

Yshtola (SSB&BSB)
Alphinaud (SSB&BSB)
Maria (BSB)
Braska (SSB1/SSB2)
Support???

I'm lacking a source of haste and breaks, but using ramza's shout just for the haste seems odd. Tyro could fit in there too with breaks/dances and such, but I have no SBs for him.

If you aren't RWing a Wall then you need to RW leylines or sheepsong. Or vessel of fate but that's less +mag and would overlap with Alphinaud's SSB (though you should be using his BSB for murder anyways).

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I still need a support guy and was going for Ramza since I have plat sword but now I somehow pulled a ton of stuff for OK.

I got Blowback SSB, Sword and Spell OSB and Vessel of Fate BSB.

How comparable are Shout and Vessel of Fate?

I don't have either dude but I think this might be a good spot to spend my final soul.

Shout and Vessel stack. Use them both, hit the atk cap, murder everything. :iia:

I run ace striker on OK with lifesiphon and either a buff or support ability, that way he gets vessel 2-3 rounds in to a fight, ensuring that even if Ramza can't get a SB bar before shout ends I don't lose haste, and with ace striker it's trivially easy to keep OK in burst mode forever by spamming his melee command. I forget the atk softcap for global (700-something?) but with Shout and Vessel you can ramp up your damage tremendously even without synergy bonuses.

Your biggest issue will be that Onion Knight is functionally worthless until his last few levels. Until you have all 3 MCs for him and the eggs to take him to 90+ immediately, he won't be usable for you.

Roland Jones posted:

Not only did I get the BSB I wanted, I now have a Holy OSB. Beatrix, meanwhile, has an Imperil Holy BSB. I think there's some synergy there.

...Whenever I get Orlandeau. He's another person I don't have, and unlike Faris there isn't an event to snag him from.

You can buy a hero soul and blank MC 1-3 from the current event IIRC. That's your Orlandu (and up to lvl 99) if you don't want to wait for the future tactics event. Orlandu is amazing and Thunder God lets you wreck poo poo in a hurry, once it goes off. If you happen to get a +holy armor, like Arc's SSB robe, you can give that to him for even more damage on his OSB as well as skills like Saint's Cross.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but orlandeau and cid raines are so incredibly good that regardless of how new you are if you pull relics for either it is absolutely worth your while to dedicate whatever resources you can to picking them up asap

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Vessel of Fate, Ley Lines and Sheepsong all give the same amount of +Mag. (And Vessel stacks with the others. ). It's also a great RW to call for anyone without a burst of their own to do great damage with, even if they have bad skill access but you're carrying them for a CM or a key S/O SB

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I forgot about the Hall of Rites but I already had enough stuff to make Orlandeau and get his MCI and II. Will probably get his MCIII with either the Rose of May or the WoFF one (I used my free one on Beatrix). He immediately impressed me; over 71k on his OSB against the Rose of May Ultimate boss, and that was without me getting Beatrix's BSB off (I need to get Ace Striker sometime since I currently only have Battleforged) and only being level 73. Good grief he's powerful.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Keeper's choice will be around for a while. Go for the anniversary banners. Having them around for an extended time(and all at once even) is unprecedented, so take advantage of that. Banner 1 is the best top-to-bottom imo but YMMV depending on what you want or need.

I'll go with banner 1 then I think, don't have enough people unlocked to really be seeking anything specific

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So this is what I have for relics atm, which are worth investing in?

Danjuro 5*
Triton's Dagger 5*
Excalibur (VI) + 6* (I have another 5* I can combine with this, but I don't have the gil....
Gold Sword 5*
Blood Sword 7* (almost mastered)
Platinum Sword 5*
Defender (II) + 6*
Excalibur (FFT) 5*
Onion Sword 5*
Raijin's Staff 5*
Heavy Lance 5*
Platinum Fist 5*
Metamorphosis Claws 5* (almost mastered)
Wyrmfang 6* (mastered)
Lilith Rod 5*
Yoichi's Bow 5*
Mythril Gun 5*
Lustrious Shield 5*
Genji Gloves 5*
Locke's Bandana 5*
Book of Memories 6*
Reynn's Belt 5*

Current Party:

MC 37/50
Vanille 66/80
Terra 65/80
Cloud 50/50
Cid Raines 80/99

Based on the relics, should I get Ramza since I have two of them? Not a whole lot of good armor here and the rest is just 1-4 star trash items

Kind of wanting to replace MC and cloud with something else...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Danjuro 5*
Triton's Dagger 5*
Excalibur (VI) + 6* (I have another 5* I can combine with this, but I don't have the gil....
Gold Sword 5*
Platinum Sword 5*
Defender (II) + 6*
Excalibur (FFT) 5*
Onion Sword 5*
Raijin's Staff 5*
Heavy Lance 5*
Platinum Fist 5*
Wyrmfang 6* (mastered)
Lilith Rod 5*
Yoichi's Bow 5*
Mythril Gun 5*
Lustrious Shield 5*
Genji Gloves 5*
Locke's Bandana 5*
Book of Memories 6*
Reynn's Belt 5*

Current Party:

MC 37/50
Vanille 66/80
Terra 65/80
Cloud 50/50
Cid Raines 80/99

Based on the relics, should I get Ramza since I have two of them? Not a whole lot of good armor here and the rest is just 1-4 star trash items

You should get Ramza because Shout is insanely good.

3 and 4 star items aren't trash until you get at least five 5* weapons and armor for every realm. Remember, all equipment gets a stat boost when you're in its corresponding realm. I've got twice combined 4* FFV axes that are stronger than anything else I've got when I'm doing FFV levels

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Long-term, you're going to want to get Ramza in your team - you have shout, which is really, really good. He also has Support 5 - this means he can use full break, which is really good, and he can replace Tyro. RW Wall and you're set.

What you want to increase your strength is Mako Might and Dr. Mog's Teachings RM, which ironically means leveling up Cloud and Tyro, which you'll want to kick off your team. You need to break Tyro's level cap twice and get his other RMs to get his. Cloud's is trickier - you have to break 65, but you get his second RM from the Jenova BIRTH battle in the Cargo Ship Elite dungeon. Get one or both of those and you'll start with a SB - early on this means you win immediately, later you can use it to set up your important buffs (Shout from the start is really useful!)

You're going to want Full Break - it's really useful, but might be too expensive right now. It's a 5* Support skill that reduces the enemy's stats a lot - and it stacks with the 4* breakdowns or 3* breaks (4* and 3* do not stack) . If you can't get Full Break now, go for Power Breakdown and Magic Breakdown (you'll want these anyhow because they stack with FB), and hone them to 4-6 uses and put them on Ramza; this will seriously cut down the damage you take - use a RW wall and protectga/shellga too, and shout will increase your DPS and grant haste to all your characters.

One thing you might try is the 90 stamina orb dungeons with an insta-cast RW attack all - if you can clear the first group of enemies, the RW will finish the battle and you'll get the orbs. Quit and repeat - you might not be able to finish with your party yet. You'll get a ton of experience doing this, too, and orbs to make your abilities.

Aside from adding Ramza, I don't know who else to suggest. Celes with Excalibur is really useful for some fights - she'll neutralize all single target magic attacks.

Basically, you have some good relics - you just need to level them up and get some good skills and you'll be set.

OneTwentySix fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 9, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Zerilan posted:

I'll go with banner 1 then I think, don't have enough people unlocked to really be seeking anything specific

Don't be afraid to wait till the last minute or so to do it either. If you already haven't. The more you learn might change your mind about which one. You don't need to worry about who you've unlocked because they hand out the stuff to unlock them like halloween candy.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Danjuro 5*
Triton's Dagger 5*
Gold Sword 5*
Platinum Sword 5*
Defender (II) + 6*
Excalibur (FFT) 5*
Onion Sword 5*
Raijin's Staff 5*
Heavy Lance 5*
Platinum Fist 5*
Wyrmfang 6* (mastered)
Lilith Rod 5*
Yoichi's Bow 5*
Mythril Gun 5*
Lustrious Shield 5*
Genji Gloves 5*
Locke's Bandana 5*
Book of Memories 6*
Reynn's Belt 5*

Current Party:

MC 37/50
Vanille 66/80
Terra 65/80
Cloud 50/50
Cid Raines 80/99

Eventually you're going to want to master all of them. Ramza and Cid Raines are a good place to start, along with Tyro and Cloud until you get their RMs (as OneTwentySix mentioned), and Vanille as your healer. Once you've got their RMs, I would focus on Warrior of Light and Agrias replacing them. Sadly, Agrias isn't showing up in the next Tactics event, so you're going to have to spend a Hero Soul on her. Agrias gives enemies holy neutral enemies a small holy weakness, so you deal more damage to the enemy and generate more Soul Break Gauge, and Warrior of Light and Cid Raines can take advantage of that with their bursts since Banishing Strike and Saint's Cross are going to be too expensive for you for a bit. That should take you through a large chunk of material. If a boss resists/immune/absorbs Holy damage, Agrias might have trouble and should probably be swapped out (WoL is fine, his BSB has a safety net, Raines will be fine unless the enemy resists/immune/absorbs Dark damage as well). I recommend Celes as a replacement; her SSB is ridiculously good and once you get into the higher end content can single-handedly win fights (she can also shut down some lower end content but you're probably going to melt the enemy before that comes into play :v:)

Also, the Combat 3* abilities (____ Break abilities, specifically) will be really good for you for a while. Eventually you'll want to upgrade to Support 4* abilities (___ Breakdown) and the Support 5* ability Full Break.

Also also, I highly recommend you don't combine 5* and 6* equipment, at least for now. Other people can wield those weapons and weapons (and characters for that matter) get a large stat boost when you bring them to the realm they come from, and the bonus outweighs the extra stats you get from combining. Combine 3* and 4* equipment all you like, they'll help you shore up your realm synergy. Sell 1* and 2* equipment.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

As expected, the announcement for tomorrow's Dungeon Update Lucky Draw was added to the game (to push tomorrow). Single 25-mythril draw, as ever.

Duration is until the 19th, in case you want to use the mythril from the next event to help fund a draw.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Totally random question

Did they ever say why they named them Soul Breaks specifically, instead of Limit Breaks?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

victrix posted:

Totally random question

Did they ever say why they named them Soul Breaks specifically, instead of Limit Breaks?

Because that would've been the logical thing to do. They also gave Ultros his 'correct' English name that not even SE uses.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Evil Fluffy posted:

Because that would've been the logical thing to do. They also gave Ultros his 'correct' English name that not even SE uses.

Hey, they used it once. (In FF1, from Dawn of Souls onward.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hogama posted:

As expected, the announcement for tomorrow's Dungeon Update Lucky Draw was added to the game (to push tomorrow). Single 25-mythril draw, as ever.

Duration is until the 19th, in case you want to use the mythril from the next event to help fund a draw.

I can't wait to get nothing I want

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

With DU31 on the horizon for global and DU37 having come out this past week in Japan, I decided to take a look at the new group of dungeons from Crisis Core, which is apparently going to be a separate realm from FF7 proper. I guess this means that something similar will be happening for After Years and other FF spinoffs? Undoubtedly I'll have to fundamentally rejigger the roadmap for DU38, given all the side branches taking up weird positions at the bottom.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

Hey, they used it once. (In FF1, from Dawn of Souls onward.)

Twice. He's also a giant purple Flan in FF12.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Realm Dungeons are starting to get serious. I'm on FFVII-16. Jenova DEATH in -15 nearly killed my 50s-60s team of up and comers, and now it wants me to fight Ultima Weapon 3 times in a row, lol. At Diff 92 the dungeon trash is starting to become dangerous enough that I have to somewhat pay attention instead of just hitting auto and setting the phone down.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

You're not going to get much sympathy from older players. Back in the day damage and action taken medals were so bad that you would often have to quit the app to restart a battle with trash because, before you even got a turn, one of them used an AoE move that hit your party for like 700, and that was enough to lose both damage medals and cost you mastery. Realm dungeons were insanely tough to complete

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Acutally I kinda sorta like it. So far the realm dive has been rather dull, now the bosses actually last a bit and it makes things more interesting. Up to 132 stamina, hoping to get at least 140 before it goes away tomorrow evening.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
The trash waves get a lot more manageable with shell and protect. I have Memory of a Prayer on top for a regen as well.

The boss can usually just be nuked by a strong RW OSB x2 if you can just live long enough to get there.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Couple questions. First, for Beatrix and Orlandeau, is giving them a stronger sword (one of my 6*'s) better than giving them a 5* with a holy boost, or does the holy boost have more of an effect? One of my 6* swords is the Saintly Excalibur, of course, so one of them doesn't need to worry here, but for the other, which is preferable? Does it depend on where exactly their stats are?

Second, at this point in the game, is sticking with SG as my RW the way to go, or should I switch to Thunder God (or something else, like Knight Protector) to help people more? I still get a few RW uses from people but not a ton; it seems like swapping SG out might help other people more now.

Edit: Speaking of +Holy gear, I decided to do something dumb and pull on the IX 1 banner again, hoping for Beatrix's shield or other sword. The result:

Beatrix and Orlandeau both get shields. My luck with these draws is frighteningly good lately. Also I need to get Ace Striker for Beatrix (Battleforged is already on Orlandeau) so she can use her stuff more often; Orlandeau's filling multiple bars before she can throw out Knight Protector.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 9, 2017

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Also once you start getting some decent hones in aoe abilities (blade blitz, ruinga) trash gets easy again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Couple questions. First, for Beatrix and Orlandeau, is giving them a stronger sword (one of my 6*'s) better than giving them a 5* with a holy boost, or does the holy boost have more of an effect? One of my 6* swords is the Saintly Excalibur, of course, so one of them doesn't need to worry here, but for the other, which is preferable? Does it depend on where exactly their stats are?

Second, at this point in the game, is sticking with SG as my RW the way to go, or should I switch to Thunder God (or something else, like Knight Protector) to help people more? I still get a few RW uses from people but not a ton; it seems like swapping SG out might help other people more now.

If you're below the ATK soft cap (700), an element boost is worth about 40 ATK, and 170 ATK above it. And it doesn't matter where the stats come from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fister Roboto posted:

If you're below the ATK soft cap (700), an element boost is worth about 40 ATK, and 170 ATK above it. And it doesn't matter where the stats come from.

Thanks. And, given the above edit to my post, would a +element from armor stack with one from a weapon? Also, is it worth using Sword of the Clear Mind before (or after) Knight Protector if i can get both off? EnHoly and Imperil Holy seems like a nice combo, even if it's not going to make Beatrix compete with Orlandeau's OSB.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 9, 2017

• Locked thread