Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

GameCube posted:

in "woah that actually worked" moments: in some shrine or something i walked through a door to find myself staring at four guardian babies. they were all standing in some shallow water so i whipped out my lightning rod and zapped them all to death with one shot. extremely satisfying

I watched a guy cheese a bunch of electricity-based shrine puzzles by just repeatedly shooting shock arrows at the powered switches

game owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope hard mode is more than just "enemies deal triple damage" or something

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I hope they rework the shrines Master Quest style so a bunch of them aren't just 'interact with the object in the only way possible in this room'

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I hope hard mode is more than just "enemies deal triple damage" or something

Yep. They did such a ridiculously good job of breaking the series traditions that I'm hopeful

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

why was link right-handed in this one. skyward sword and the wii twilight princess they kinda had an excuse. if that's the new canon, well, count me out

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

some deranged Zelda Timeline Enthusiast out there has a very complicated in-universe explanation for link's handedness changing.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh yah last night i found a ground vertex that was a couple meters lower than it should have been and this happened

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

GameCube posted:

in "woah that actually worked" moments: in some shrine or something i walked through a door to find myself staring at four guardian babies. they were all standing in some shallow water so i whipped out my lightning rod and zapped them all to death with one shot. extremely satisfying

this is literally the exact same shrine i did last night before retiring for bed.. i did the same drat thing too except with a shock arrow. Small world huh.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GameCube posted:

oh yah last night i found a ground vertex that was a couple meters lower than it should have been and this happened

that's me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I worry about your self esteem some times bro. Posting about your dick getting chopped off (seen this one at least thrice), how your the hosed up glitchy vertex zone, basically always saying your the gross thing in pictures etc., Maybe you should talk to someone

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
my review of the castle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw36ivnRHRQ

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I had been avoiding the castle but I made the trek a few days ago to get the last of the memories and I enjoyed what little I saw of it. I'm only afraid that I got the gist of it while I was there and there won't really be much new or exciting to see when I go back.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I
Just realized that the little singing birds who help you with that one shrine are Kass' kids.

Bill Barber fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 5, 2017

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bill Barber posted:

I
Just realized that the little singing birds who help you with that one shrine are Kass' kids.

tag this :doh:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Why? Lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

idk i didn't know that. and i felt like i got spoiled and i'm not as sensitive to spoilers as most... idk do what you will -- your a grown man.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Spoiler buddy. I was planning on doing that quest at the very end. But yeah that makes sense

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's possible he figured it out on his own and didn't know it's a reveal at the end of a quest chain

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Harrow posted:

It's possible he figured it out on his own and didn't know it's a reveal at the end of a quest chain
This, lol oops.

He was just chilling at the stable outside of Rito Village and said something about having to leave his wife and kids behind and I just assumed.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

every night for the past week i have started up zelda thinking maybe i'll go beat ganon and then i notice another huge swath of land that i haven't explored yet and i postpone hyrule's salvation while i go look for climbing pants

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Same here man. I never want it to end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/knobbyliquidamericantoad

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FYI, if you carry a torch you can smoke out bees and retrieve honey without being stung

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GameCube posted:

every night for the past week i have started up zelda thinking maybe i'll go beat ganon and then i notice another huge swath of land that i haven't explored yet and i postpone hyrule's salvation while i go look for climbing pants

i got the climing set completed real early, goon luck gamer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never found the pants

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

P-Mack posted:

FYI, if you carry a torch you can smoke out bees and retrieve honey without being stung

bombs work for this too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

i never found the pants

i found the pants, their double upgraded and life couldn't be better. hope you find them soon

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I found the hat and the pants VERY early on but now 150 hours in and I never found the shirt. It's okay though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got lucky and stumbled into them fairly early and the set bonus owns

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

extremebuff posted:

i got lucky and stumbled into them fairly early and the set bonus owns

w/r/t the set bonus: with 3 full stamina wheels you can pretty much just jump up every loving thing. i can just explore whatever without even thinking twice about oh man can i make it up there, because i can

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I want the pants.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zelda amiibos are sold out all over because you can scan them for a chance to get a totally broken unique bow

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

extremebuff posted:

zelda amiibos are sold out all over because you can scan them for a chance to get a totally broken unique bow

whoa i didnt know that but im glad i bought one

the guardian amiibo is also awesome you can move all the legs

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

extremebuff posted:

I'd like to know more. I've only got the bokoblin.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=cbQVcYgzEVo

it doesn't work

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Beastie posted:

I'd like to know more. I've only got the bokoblin.

its exceedingly rare and may take weeks of scanning. it has super high durability+damage, shoots magic arrows that fly in a perfect straight line across infinite distance and it doesnt consume arrows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnl-FEitBbU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Is there a video where they carry the blue flame to the other lab, too?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

holy poo poo... what is that horse. my best horse only has like 5 boost tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

GameCube posted:

holy poo poo... what is that horse. my best horse only has like 5 boost tanks

If you feed your horse Endura Carrots (or maybe regular carrots too? I'm not sure) you get a few extra temporary boosts.

• Locked thread