Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Addison just said "Real talk." Who is writing this game :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Holy poo poo. I actually reloaded that part and played through the convo again because I thought I had hit X or something and accidentally skipped a scene of them in her apartment. Just lol what a dumb way to end that.

Peebee's scene wasn't any much better though. Pitch black eyeballs and a schizophrenic orgasm hallucination, yeah that's my idea of a good night alright.

welcome to mass effect

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

a primate posted:

God drat poetry compared to...Pathfinder?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I want to marry Addison

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

a primate posted:

"Real talk" has been a thing for decades, slang-wise. Maybe Addison is a fan of kicking it old school.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I've said it before, the delivery mars a lot of what would otherwise be mostly unobjectionable dialog.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I've said it before, the delivery mars a lot of what would otherwise be mostly unobjectionable dialog.

I object to Addison using a normal-rear end simile, something normal speakers do in everyday conversation, and following it up with "sorry, just feelin really poetic right now". Then she does it again in the same conversation.

She never gets better, and never redeems herself. All of her dialogue is loving terrible and her personal quest, with insanely selfish pregnant friend, is bullshit.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I wish Kesh's krog-grots were the first Initiative babies born in Heleus.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I wish Kesh's krog-grots were the first Initiative babies born in Heleus.

Well they would be if they weren't all eggs right now

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
How come there's no cool crystalmen in Mass Effect.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Vanderdeath posted:

"Real talk" has been a thing for decades, slang-wise. Maybe Addison is a fan of kicking it old school.

Now, if she'd said "hashtag real talk" maybe. My kids hate it when I say that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Blind Rasputin posted:

Holy poo poo. I actually reloaded that part and played through the convo again because I thought I had hit X or something and accidentally skipped a scene of them in her apartment. Just lol what a dumb way to end that.

Peebee's scene wasn't any much better though. Pitch black eyeballs and a schizophrenic orgasm hallucination, yeah that's my idea of a good night alright.

That's how asari do it. They just didn't bother to make a cutscene for Keri so she says "wanna go back to my place?" and fade to black

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Rinkles posted:

That or the incongruous writing. Why is stern administrator-type Addison starting a sentence with "real talk" without a hint of different intonation. maybe it's just me

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

a primate posted:

That or the incongruous writing. Why is stern administrator-type Addison starting a sentence with "real talk" without a hint of different intonation. maybe it's just me

Maybe she's not naturally a stern administrator type and that's her real personality coming through. A big theme of the game seems to be people being thrust into positions they're totally unsuited for

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

2house2fly posted:

A big theme of the game seems to be people being thrust into positions they're totally unsuited for

I was gonna make a joke about Bioware Montreal, but that's a bit unfair.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

E: Yeah, that ^

Elaaden should have been a lava world. Eos should have been Elaaden (and rainy after you activate the vault).

What about a sewer planet? Sewer levels are mandatory in video games, have a whole sewer planet and outdo everything.

Rinkles posted:

I was gonna make a joke about Bioware Montreal, but that's a bit unfair.

They would have just outsourced it anyway.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

2house2fly posted:

Maybe she's not naturally a stern administrator type and that's her real personality coming through. A big theme of the game seems to be people being thrust into positions they're totally unsuited for

Could be wrong but I don't think I've ever heard an English person say "real talk." Feels like a different person from the one who calls Tann a "colonial wad."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Blind Rasputin posted:

Pitch black eyeballs and a schizophrenic orgasm hallucination, yeah that's my idea of a good night alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jae38H1_j-E&t=88s

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

monster on a stick posted:

What about a sewer planet?

buddy, you're posting on one

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

2house2fly posted:

Like some of the voice actors :v:.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

How can Liam's mission be so good even though he's the worst crewmate?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Haledjian posted:

Could be wrong but I don't think I've ever heard an English person say "real talk." Feels like a different person from the one who calls Tann a "colonial wad."

I mean "colonial wad" isnt really restricted to british english. Particularly in the far future where dialects have probably merged.

That said yeah i cant wait to hear her say that because it doesn't fit her personality.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is this for PC or PS4?
PC playing on 1440p Ultra, I always have fraps running.
I didn't bother fiddling with the settings after the patch, as I was close to the end. But fraps showed between 30 and 58 fps sometimes, which can look ok on a G-Sync monitor but some dialogue scenes very suddenly dropped from 70+ to 30 something and it was very noticeable despite G-Sync. Frame rates were very inconsistent near the end and it very much seemed related to the patch, because I had not experienced this before.

DancingShade posted:

I thought performance was much improved. I can now have more unrelated resource draining crap in the background while I have ME:A in fullscreen.
I've played this with fraps activated for the entire run, and I can definitely say that performance is way down now. It's not terrible or unplayable as I get fps that are acceptable for the most part but there are instances where it is really noticeable even when you're not looking at the frame counter.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

gmq posted:

How can Liam's mission be so good even though he's the worst crewmate?

Uhhhh Cora and that Engineer guy exist so your point is invalidated. Im at 30 something hours and i've forgotten his name again.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Nasgate posted:

Uhhhh Cora and that Engineer guy exist so your point is invalidated. Im at 30 something hours and i've forgotten his name again.

Geoff.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I've never talked to that guy unless i was forced to. gently caress him no idea what his name was.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nasgate posted:

Goph

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Giff?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
gay baby man

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raymond Luxury-yacht.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah lol the gay dude that likes to impregnate women

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
"We are gonna need to repopulate by fertilizing these females"

*extremely gay dude voice* "hold my beer"

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
the I love suckin dicks on men and also impregnating women that is my entire storyline guy

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

has the original me3 single player thread slipped into the archives yet? there's something i'd like to look back to

i don't mean the multiplayer or ending discussion threads

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Why is this lovely loving game crashing on me so much? I get the same out of memory crash, pre and post patch:

I have 32gb system ram, and a GTX 1080.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zero VGS posted:

Why is this lovely loving game crashing on me so much? I get the same out of memory crash, pre and post patch:

I have 32gb system ram, and a GTX 1080.

Is your graphics driver updated to the latest version?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This game is good as hell, even the bad parts, sorry nerds.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lollerich posted:

PC playing on 1440p Ultra, I always have fraps running.
I didn't bother fiddling with the settings after the patch, as I was close to the end. But fraps showed between 30 and 58 fps sometimes, which can look ok on a G-Sync monitor but some dialogue scenes very suddenly dropped from 70+ to 30 something and it was very noticeable despite G-Sync. Frame rates were very inconsistent near the end and it very much seemed related to the patch, because I had not experienced this before.

I've played this with fraps activated for the entire run, and I can definitely say that performance is way down now. It's not terrible or unplayable as I get fps that are acceptable for the most part but there are instances where it is really noticeable even when you're not looking at the frame counter.

I had no idea people still used fraps

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Moola posted:

I had no idea people still used fraps

Just imagine how much better all their games would run without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Just imagine how much better all their games would run without it.

If origin just had a fps counter like steam...

gently caress having a fps counter in screenshots