Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

A Hawks-Habs final is the only thing I will accept this year. Anything less will be considered a failure.

Preds-Habs final with PK lifting the Cup as Bergevin is fired on the spot. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

I'm fully on the caps bandwagon now. It's gonna be weird agreeing with mind taker

Come to Butt-Head

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Martytoof posted:

I'm happy for LAS :3:

I'm completely happy to be wrong. :)

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
I'm a good smart fan who appreciates a rebuild and doens't get angry when my team loses :jerkbag:

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Furnaceface posted:

Do you not leave your house? I can walk down any street in the GTA and meet rabid delusional Leafs fans thinking Matthews makes McDavid look like a 3rd liner and that the team is built for a back to back to back Cup run starting this year.

Also the delusion gets worse the further into the burbs you go. By the time you hit Barrie.. well, lets not look into that abyss. :cry:

I guess I just haven't met that many people that think that way. I don't live in Toronto and no one at my work thinks that way, none of my friends think that way, none of my immediate or extended family members think that way and I haven't talked to strangers about the Leafs so I guess I'm blissfully unaware.

Edit: Met not meant.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 9, 2017

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

yellowcar posted:

It's an extremely scientific survey of my very pro-Leafs hometown done in: my place of work and strangers I meet and talk to in public. :v:

There are dumb fans in every fan base

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Mind_Taker posted:

Come to Butt-Head

It's true. It's gonna be super weird. You've done something to my thought process, and now I'm rooting for the caps. You've, like, taken my brain. My mind has been misplaced. It's weird and I don't know what to call it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

There are dumb fans in every fan base

Guess which dumb fans I deal with on a regular basis?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Flocons de Jambon posted:

I'm a good smart fan who appreciates a rebuild and doens't get angry when my team loses :jerkbag:

I still get annoyed when they lose or play lovely but then I get over it quickly because I'm aware it's a rebuild. Like I was nervous tonight even though I was fine with them missing the playoffs, so of course you get into it but what's wrong with a little perspective?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

Guess which dumb fans I deal with on a regular basis?

Nordiques?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I, for one, enjoy schadenfreude.

I saw a young 20-something wearing a 'diques toque once but I think he was being ironic.

yellowcar fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 9, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

A Hawks-Habs final is the only thing I will accept this year. Anything less will be considered a failure.

Jackets hawks or sharks jackets you mean

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Auston Matthews is the best rookie since Lemieux, confirmed.

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/850887884852928512

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Wolves won in OT. Good times

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Turns out when a scoring team loses its top six for half the season with poo poo defensive and special teams play, on top of leaky goalies, that's bad.

I will not miss this season. Get healthy, motherfuckers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wait, the Leafs haven't even been to the finals since they won the cup?

drat. Maybe that's why their fans aren't that into it, they don't remember what it's like

Drunk Canuck posted:

Auston Matthews is the best rookie since Lemieux, confirmed.

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/850887884852928512

That's also from the era of gretzky scoring 200 points/season. Between him, Laine and Carter, it's been an amazing year for rookies.

It's disappointing we were robbed of a full mcdavid rookie season.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Kapanen's first goal.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I know Im in the minority but I love passing plays so much more than sick dangles.

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/850869048560672773

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

RC Cola posted:

How did Jake Walman look? I think he's going to be a stud in the NHL in a year or two

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Ahhhh leafs win

I think I will like tonight's LFR10 more than the previous one :v:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl posted:

Extra points in over time.

This guy wanted it for the leafs and the monkey's paw gave it to Chicago. Literally the oposite of anything I predict comes true.
So, uh, bad news Caps fans. (and Mnnisota fans who wanted to go to the finals)

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Honestly?

I'd rather not play the Leafs in the first round.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Furnaceface posted:

I know Im in the minority but I love passing plays so much more than sick dangles.

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/850869048560672773

Quick had to scramble from one side to the other and back again.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RC Cola posted:

I heard they were being adopted by Vegas. What happens to players on the Wolves who are on contracts with the Blues? They don't suddenly become Vegas property, right?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

I heard they were being adopted by Vegas. What happens to players on the Wolves who are on contracts with the Blues? They don't suddenly become Vegas property, right?

Only players that actually have contract with Vegas belong to Vegas. It's not unusual for a farm team to field players from two franchises. The Wheeling Nailers had players whose rights belong to the Habs and Pens for a while before the Habs made their ECHL affiliate the Brampton Beast.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oilers first 100 point season since 1986-87 :toot:

The last time they got more than 100 points, they won the cup

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Bo Horvat, please never fight again.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Powershift posted:

The last time they got more than 100 points the loser point didn't exist

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Powershift posted:

Last time an Oiler won the Hart or Art Ross they won the Cup too. McDavid will officially win the Art Ross tomorrow then the Hart in June. :getin:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Aurora posted:

The last time they got more than 100 points the loser point didn't exist

Don't bring me down, man.

They're 46-26-9 this year(with a game left), 86-87 they were 50-24-6. That's also the last time they had more than 45 wins.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Powershift posted:

Don't bring me down, man.

They're 46-26-9 this year(with a game left), 86-87 they were 50-24-6. That's also the last time they had more than 45 wins.

I'm just saying don't go in with dreams of winning the cup immediately :v: Everything is a bonus that way!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

I'm just saying don't go in with dreams of winning the cup immediately :v: Everything is a bonus that way!

They had what, 8 top 3 draft picks in the last 10 years? Would this really qualify as immediately?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

They had what, 8 top 3 draft picks in the last 10 years? Would this really qualify as immediately?

They had 70 points last year, it's a pretty big step up!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

This is why i laugh at Leafs fans saying "so what, it's just the rebuild year"

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Powershift posted:

the last time the detroit red wings missed the playoffs, the edmonton oilers won the stanley cup

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fits posted:

the last time the detroit red wings missed the playoffs, the edmonton oilers won the stanley cup

The last time they beat the Flames 4 times in a row, the edmonton oilers won the stanley cup.

What worries me is the only teams currently in the playoffs that have ever knocked them out are the Flames and Blackhawks, both of which they'll probably have to go through.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the last time the oilers were in the playoffs, their red-hot goaltender was obliterated by marc-andre bergeron and they lost the cup

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
2006 never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKrDzJdgrsU

It did spawn these though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juTCGJ_FqG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYNuS8S2sZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8TaiLnSbrI

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

the last time the oilers were in the playoffs, their red-hot goaltender was obliterated by marc-andre bergeron and they lost the cup

That's different, they fought up from 8th.

This year they could go in as #1 in the division, the last time they were #1 in the division, they won the stanley cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Shut up you're going to summon Tayne

• Locked thread