Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

E-cigs for legs guy continues to grow on me. He puts James to shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
He might be the only caller that Tom actually likes nowadays. I like him. I also agree that he is like an upgraded version of James.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

SolamenteDoug posted:

The new HHOP has Dan Kerstetter, who's one of the heads of programming at Seeso. I wonder if something's in the works.

...I was roommates with that guy.
you've got to be loving kidding me.
I knew he was in TV but drat.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

shut up netface posted:

...I was roommates with that guy.
you've got to be loving kidding me.
I knew he was in TV but drat.

Well I mean......it's not really TV, maybe it's not so bad

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Tatumje posted:

He might be the only caller that Tom actually likes nowadays. I like him. I also agree that he is like an upgraded version of James.

You think he likes him? Like he says he does and then he goes on a thing a few minutes long about the guy stuttering and sounds like he's actually pissed.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Tom would prefer better callers over e-cigs for legs guy, but the dude is an easy punching bag. If I'm thinking of the right guy, he also waited on hold for close to three hours one night just to deliver that dumb bit at the end the show.

He's like the Hamburglar. I just can't tell if he is the classic Hamburglar or the 2015 creep version.

At very least the dude always has a point whenever he calls and doesn't burn air time.

SolamenteDoug
Mar 26, 2017

Quality Jessica from Ithaca call this week.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
tom singing camptown races never fails to make me laff hard

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
The podcast song was from some classic rock number, right? Anyone recognize it?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Snowy posted:

Anyone know some good examples of Tom going off about Tom Waits? I'm looking for more, I only see this one on YouTube so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsxqQBLnEkk

Weirdly he talked about Tom Waits on this week's show. He said Tom Waits was "like a guy who pretends to run a junkyard"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Berzerker posted:

Weirdly he talked about Tom Waits on this week's show. He said Tom Waits was "like a guy who pretends to run a junkyard"

I'd love to make a Tom Waits hate megamix sometime just to mess with a couple coworkers 👹

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

SolamenteDoug posted:

Quality Jessica from Ithaca call this week.

lol

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

The Kinks.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The Jessica from Ithaca comments brings up something I've been thinking for awhile now. It's cool that the Best Show has helped people through rough times and everything, but I don't need to hear like 5 callers every show who call to pretty much just say that.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Dr.Radical posted:

The Jessica from Ithaca comments brings up something I've been thinking for awhile now. It's cool that the Best Show has helped people through rough times and everything, but I don't need to hear like 5 callers every show who call to pretty much just say that.

In the hierarchy of calls, I put "Best Show saved my life" calls one step above mumbly dudes asking Tom what's up and one step below people who leave the stream on too loud in the background but don't seem to realize they're on the air.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

the good thing about callers who just call in to say like, "I got a cat, Tom" or "life has been hard" is that I get good use out of my "skip forward 30 seconds" button on my podcast app

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
What is your cat/dogs's name?
1. That's a good name
2. That name sucks
Let me tell you, my dog Good N' Poochy is the greatest. If Good N' Poochy is listening right now, Schnell! Anyways, the phone lines are all lit up.

Sometimes things are hard! It'll get better, so just hang in there. You have a good night.

I still like the Best Show, I think. This week's theme of "Just Listen" had my hopes up that it would just be Tom hanging up on callers if they spoke at all.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
This week did have some good calls though. Tom's rant on the difference of AC/DC singers was hilarious.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dr.Radical posted:

This week did have some good calls though. Tom's rant on the difference of AC/DC singers was hilarious.

especially his realization at the end of the rant that they sound basically the same

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

That awkward racist dude in the half hour of power was great because they gave him a lot of room to keep digging as he said more and more suspicious things

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

inferis posted:

That awkward racist dude in the half hour of power was great because they gave him a lot of room to keep digging as he said more and more suspicious things

I was dying. Dude's record collection sounded so lame, I knew like the moment right before Mike said it, that he was gonna put There's A Riot Going On on.

https://vimeo.com/212123079 Podcast Heroes video is so good

e: \/\/\ beat ya by moments

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
There is now an official video for "Podcast Heroes"

https://vimeo.com/212123079

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Flip Yr Wig posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_QkUVZGPc

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
In Rock, Rot & Rule, the first caller is particularly offended by the book. The call starts at 15:22 in this YouTube clip of the call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvABt2uXRzY

I'm 99% sure that Terre T is the next caller. The guy calls back in at 22:26 and again at 36:04, and he sets up a lot of the best jokes from the bit.

Who is he?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

"Video is not available"

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

"Video is not available"

All the videos posted on this page are currently working for me. Was it the video I linked?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

jessica sounded like she was about to commit suicide

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
What's her band's name again? Someone said they're awful and I'm curious how bad exactly.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
The Fromithacas

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Nancy Babich. Pretty rough stuff.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tatumje posted:

All the videos posted on this page are currently working for me. Was it the video I linked?

That's what I get when I click on the one you posted (even now, still). I was gonna try to help answer your question.

It could be because I'm in :canada: but usually it has a different message if that's the issue so idk

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hmm. The video works for me in the US. It is literally just the call "Rock, Rot & Rule" if you can find the clip elsewhere.

I'm still curious if anyone knows who that mystery caller was. He has to be a part of the bit, right?

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

inferis posted:

jessica sounded like she was about to commit suicide

When does she call? The glum Ithaca call early in was "Alexis Elena."

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I didn't know there were other callers from ithaca and she kind of mumbled her name my bad

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Thom and the Heads posted:

Nancy Babich. Pretty rough stuff.

You weren't kidding. Yikes.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I called last night to hate on prog and was instantly disarmed and humbled by Tom's voice. Whiffed so bad, but I can now say I've been hung up on by the best.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

ManoliIsFat posted:

I called last night to hate on prog and was instantly disarmed and humbled by Tom's voice. Whiffed so bad, but I can now say I've been hung up on by the best.

Lol nice, what time?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Seltzer posted:

Lol nice, what time?

lol right after Wurster, 2:35

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
ha, that was even better because I fast forwarded to the call then thought "this dude waited all these years to call in and trash prog?... fair play" and then I started the podcast from the top and heard the topic.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tom: "Last call of the night, Best Show"
Caller: "Hey Tom it's Jessica from Ithaca"
Me: ughhhh