Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Jose posted:

did the goon who made an EN thread about loving some old friend right before the wedding he didn't really want to go through with ever come back to the thread?

You need to be more specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Paladinus posted:

What if it were real?

How can it be real if our eyes aren't real

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Scudworth posted:

You need to be more specific.

The guy who was marrying Daisy but loving... I wanna say Tanya right before it, and in classic goon fashion ignored ALL advice against getting married. And then disappeared.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The guy who was marrying Daisy but loving... I wanna say Tanya right before it, and in classic goon fashion ignored ALL advice against getting married. And then disappeared.

When they said Super Mario Odyssey had disturbing realism, I hadn't realized they meant that it was a reality show! :stare:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Jose posted:

did the goon who made an EN thread about loving some old friend right before the wedding he didn't really want to go through with ever come back to the thread?
Not yet but there was like, a year gap between the initial post and that update - it's a slow burner. We'll see how their one year anniversary goes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Not yet but there was like, a year gap between the initial post and that update - it's a slow burner. We'll see how their one year anniversary goes.

Don't be a sadist.. please share a link.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Don't be a sadist.. please share a link.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=454988522#post454988522

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Grazie.

Edit: That sure was magical! No posts from OP anywhere since October of last year. I wonder how that turned out!

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Apr 9, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I put my money on murder suicide.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Every time Lowtax enters a manic episode and tries to reform the forums for two weeks, he ends up making a buch of dumb decisions and convincing the mods they are the ones keeping the forums alive - thus affirming in them the desire to mold the forums in their retarded, insufferable image despite the opposition by people actually using and enjoying them.

well except for that time during the shmorky fiasco recently where he demodded several people because they disagreed with him that GBS should be more like kiwifarms lol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tim Burns Effect posted:

well except for that time during the shmorky fiasco recently where he demodded several people because they disagreed with him that GBS should be more like kiwifarms lol

Such a bad faith argument. He said we should be making hilarious Photoshops like the one from kiwifarms that he posted with that statement.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

Such a bad faith argument. He said we should be making hilarious Photoshops like the one from kiwifarms that he posted with that statement.

The truth isn't nearly as much fun, nor does it allow people to poo poo on Lowtax. Hurr durr he wants everyone to get in on the doxxing hurrr.

Hey guys look at this photoshop this is the kind of thing we should be doing = Hey guys I'm going to rename the website something doxxy pls resub to 192.com because we've got stuff to get done here.

You can go back and quote the post at people and they still don't get it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was mostly offended at the implication that SA should make things like such a lovely photoshop of That Weeks Hot Meme

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Alaois posted:

i was mostly offended at the implication that SA should make things like such a lovely photoshop of That Weeks Hot Meme

Uh, erm, well,

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

i mean i didnt say that wasnt the case but hey who doesnt enjoy getting righteously indignant over a little hyperbole every once in a while

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
It was an understandable argument, but definitely a very tone-deaf one.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It was an understandable argument, but definitely a very tone-deaf one.

I tried to tell him that his admins were probating/banning neonazi concern trolls and not actual good faith conservatives when he talked about how it was becoming a left wing echo chamber but he wouldn't listen.

Now you have Spunky Psycho Ho, Bulgogi Hoagie, and Fogtripper just Kramering up the place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I tried to tell him that his admins were probating/banning neonazi concern trolls and not actual good faith conservatives when he talked about how it was becoming a left wing echo chamber but he wouldn't listen.

Now you have Spunky Psycho Ho, Bulgogi Hoagie, and Fogtripper just Kramering up the place.

?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Probably the wrong fake verb but pretend I meant when Michael Richards went on that racist tirade and it works better

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I think I have seen one post by Fogtripper, and never have heard of the other 2. Just saying.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Dude doesn't listen to his own mods and admins about the forums they're familiar with, so I don't know what you were expecting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Probably the wrong fake verb but pretend I meant when Michael Richards went on that racist tirade and it works better

Ooooooh! That's actually great and I am just dumb!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Ooooooh! That's actually great and I am just dumb!

it also refers to this famous goon quote

Quixotic posted:

"feminism?!" newsmonster kramers in the door and just keeps kramering, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he kramers against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he's trying to say something to you but he's kramering at such a high velocity you just can't quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim "I'm a feminist, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

I think I have seen one post by Fogtripper, and never have heard of the other 2. Just saying.

Just swing by any sort of political thread.

It's just the same style of disingenuous comments and rules lawyering we all used to do when we were annoying people when we were kids, except delivered by racist men in their 30's. It's really a condemnation of American society as a whole.

Like, those people are going to die some day and a not insignificant portion of their lives was dedicated to annoying people online. As full grown adults.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

RFC2324 posted:

Check literally any GBS thread relating to Islam in any way.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Like, those people are going to die some day and a not insignificant portion of their lives was dedicated to annoying people online. As full grown adults.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Grazie.

Edit: That sure was magical! No posts from OP anywhere since October of last year. I wonder how that turned out!

I'm never sure which is a better end to these sagas: the OP legitimately vanishing from the forums, or the OP vanishing from their E/N thread but continuing to post twenty times a day in threads about Legos/Amiibos/the AAA video game of the moment/(insert other nerdy white-noise topic here). Both have their own special charms.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
FWIW I don't think those guys are neo nazis.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's D&D, anybody not at least as leftish as Bernie is a literal Nazi.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

whiteyfats posted:

It's D&D, anybody not as least as leftish as Bernie is a literal Nazi.

I'll have you know that D&D is 110% warmongering Hillbots. :abuela::hf::patriot:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'll have you know that D&D is 110% warmongering Hillbots. :abuela::hf::patriot:

Ewwww.

Dennis Kucinich 4 life

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

whiteyfats posted:

Then again, there was TheSaraus.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

whiteyfats posted:

Not true. For a significant portion of lib posters being as lefty as B.S. is also being a Nazi. For others being only as lefty as B.S. is being a Nazi.

TheSaurus was a good poster, and it's sad they basically got him on a technicality.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

steinrokkan posted:

Not true. For a significant portion of lib posters being as lefty as B.S. is also being a Nazi. For others being only as lefty as B.S. is being a Nazi.

TheSaurus was a good poster, and it's sad they basically got him on a technicality.

What happened? I don't post in D&D, 'cause I don't want to get banned for not being woke enough.

(Although, rumors say Lowtax is trying to curb the biased moderation, so who knows)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The saurus loving sucked and deserved his permaban

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

whiteyfats posted:

What happened? I don't post in D&D, 'cause I don't want to get banned for not being woke enough.

(Although, rumors say Lowtax is trying to curb the biased moderation, so who knows)

The election happened, and lots of posters wanted to be the adult in the room by pretending that economically centrist socially liberal politicians were infallible philosopher kings. Then Clinton lost, and their broken brains decided that it meant leftists were the real nazis for sabotaging the golden path. Today the slapfights between the two about whether economic justice is a nazi plot to destroy america are the main thing happening in the DnD.

Also there's a bunch of posters stuck in the Stalinist era, earnestly believing that if you do not place yourself to the left of Stalin / Mao, you are part of a homogeneous mass of fascist bougie traitors.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
pretty much why i dont go anywhere near d&d or whatever that racist subforum is named, legitimate discussion can definitely happen on the boards but hell if it seems to happen there.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sneakyfrog posted:

pretty much why i dont go anywhere near d&d or whatever that racist subforum is named, legitimate discussion can definitely happen on the boards but hell if it seems to happen there.

Nothing good ever comes from debating politics.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Dude doesn't listen to his own mods and admins about the forums they're familiar with, so I don't know what you were expecting.

Shouldn't the mods listen to the site's owner?