Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

BrianBoitano posted:

:psyduck: just sharpen your knife

Well sure, it those things will cut easier with a sharp serrated knife than with a sharp single edge knife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

finally, a knife that will let me cut peppers and cake without the inefficiency of switching knives to do so

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm a fan of the JAPANESE STEEL bit.
And if you dig around the links on their page it turns out it's AUS-8. If you're not into knife steels, that was a punchline.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It saved time by letting me cut a steak, turn it over and cut my cake without having to reach for a second knife!

It also saved time because I was planning on brushing steak juice on my cake, and it did it for me!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF KNIVES AND THIS KNIFE SAVED ME TIME BECAUSE INSTEAOD OF THINKING OF TWO KNIVES I COULD THINK OF ONE KNIVE HOPE THIS HELPS U AS IT DID ME

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

:psyduck: just sharpen your knife

and get a good knife, which isn't very expensive these days. Tojiro DP is incredible value for the price.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

The Victorinox Fibrox has gotten more expensive, weirdly. Although it's still a great value at the $38 Amazon wants for it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

mindphlux posted:

I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF KNIVES AND THIS KNIFE SAVED ME TIME BECAUSE INSTEAOD OF THINKING OF TWO KNIVES I COULD THINK OF ONE KNIVE HOPE THIS HELPS U AS IT DID ME

I gotta tell ya... this is pretty terrific!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I already have a knife like that, except it's way bigger and therefore better.

https://www.karatemart.com/sawtooth-combat-machete

(Mind's actually a curved brush clearer, but it does have the sawtooth back which is handy for small trees but it has bit me coming out of the sheath a time or two)

KWC
Jul 5, 2007
Hello

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I think we have very few Ohio goons in gws but if you know a good source of wheat berries in the NE hmu

Couple weeks late. Whole Foods has them bulk and packaged.
The West side market has them a couple places inside, but also the stall outside way on the south east corner that is all NE Ohio stuff has local wheat berries. I got moths from them, but they were otherwise really good...

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

It saved time by letting me cut a steak, turn it over and cut my cake without having to reach for a second knife!

It also saved time because I was planning on brushing steak juice on my cake, and it did it for me!

If only they would add a corkscrew to the handle, I need some wine while I cook and only have two hands.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

KWC posted:

Couple weeks late. Whole Foods has them bulk and packaged.
The West side market has them a couple places inside, but also the stall outside way on the south east corner that is all NE Ohio stuff has local wheat berries. I got moths from them, but they were otherwise really good...

I ended up being able to source 50# and 25 of hard red winter and spring, soft white, rye, and spelt from urban bulk in lakewood. No moths it seems!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

U SUMMONED ME???

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I've been all about the avacado toast recently. it's such a stupidly simple thing, but I decided I had a craving and have been going to town. 62.5 deg sousvide egg, wheat toast, some mashed up avacado, bitter greens, crusty salt + a splash of oil and vinegar and you set that poo poo on fire. asiago shavings if ya fancy.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

mindphlux posted:

U SUMMONED ME???

Yeah dude where's your brush clearing machete all I have is this lovely mall ninja thing we confiscated from a 12 or 28 year old in a minecraft shirt.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

mindphlux posted:

I've been all about the avacado toast recently. it's such a stupidly simple thing, but I decided I had a craving and have been going to town. 62.5 deg sousvide egg, wheat toast, some mashed up avacado, bitter greens, crusty salt + a splash of oil and vinegar and you set that poo poo on fire. asiago shavings if ya fancy.

This one of the standard breakfasts for the Mrs.
Except she doesn't eat eggs, so she puts a scoop of cottage cheese on there.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Would it be appropriate to post a twitch stream link anywhere? If so, what thread? I'm going to try doing a live cooking show while my wife is out of town for the next 5 days.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I'm baby-stepping my way into growing food. Got some mint and spearmint growing next to some dill.

Guess I should make some brownies or something. Maybe get a salmon fillet to use the dill on.

edit: whoa, mint-lemonade/limeade. I completely forgot why I started growing it in the first place.

vermin fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 11, 2017

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
Mojitos.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

There are some motherfucking delicious Asian salads which include mint. I had one yesterday which had kale, salad greens, sliced avocado, snow peas, and baby peas. Dressing had fish sauce (I used a combination of miso and black bean garlic paste), lime juice, toasted sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, chopped red chili, and a little sugar.

Exact recipe is at home. Let me know if you want it. Here is my favorite salad with mint, though: http://www.pepperplate.com/sharedrecipe.aspx?id=751b26e1-bb72-4fec-8682-c592633c9509

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

There are some motherfucking delicious Asian salads which include mint. I had one yesterday which had kale, salad greens, sliced avocado, snow peas, and baby peas. Dressing had fish sauce (I used a combination of miso and black bean garlic paste), lime juice, toasted sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, chopped red chili, and a little sugar.

:lol: this reads exactly like white person makes ~~~Asian Fusion~~~ for the first time. "gently caress it, just toss everything in".

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Tastes good man

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

~~Asian Inspired~~~

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Suspect Bucket posted:

Yeah dude where's your brush clearing machete all I have is this lovely mall ninja thing we confiscated from a 12 or 28 year old in a minecraft shirt.

NO MACHETE; ALL BRUSH MUST BE CLEARED BY TOUNGE; HENCEFORTH KNOWN AS THE "MINDPHLUX DECREE"

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
THE "PR0K'S MOM ACCORD"

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

mindphlux posted:

i make an avocado sandwich by smearing mayo on two slices of bread and then putting the flesh of 1 avocado in between the bread

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
You don't need mayo if you got avocado ya dingus

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

theres a will theres moe posted:

False. Avocado and mayo go together surprisingly well on sandwiches.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

theres a will theres moe posted:

look who doesn't know jack poo poo about making white trash sandwiches

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

also really good: mayo up that bread, put a thick slice or two of leftover Easter ham in the middle, and microwave it for ~10-15 seconds until its hot and the bread starts to get gummy

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Only way i'm putting mayo on my ham is if there's more pork, mustard, swiss, pickles and a cubano roll involved.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OMGVBFLOL posted:

look who doesn't know jack poo poo about making white trash sandwiches

White trash and avo seem mutually exclusive.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Ahem,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd8WjeK8riE

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

therattle posted:

White trash and avo seem mutually exclusive.

Not in California.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
Spending a few days at a friend's house. He has a smoker and he's asking what should we cook in it. I've eaten smoked brisket, pork loin, beef tip, ribs, chicken and sausages at his place before. Salmon was discussed, I'm tempted to say brisket again and I just thought of bone-in ham. I have never smoked things and was wondering if anyone had other suggestions.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Not in California.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd8WjeK8riE

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

rgocs posted:

Spending a few days at a friend's house. He has a smoker and he's asking what should we cook in it. I've eaten smoked brisket, pork loin, beef tip, ribs, chicken and sausages at his place before. Salmon was discussed, I'm tempted to say brisket again and I just thought of bone-in ham. I have never smoked things and was wondering if anyone had other suggestions.
Do that but uncured, just a shoulder.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Do that but uncured, just a shoulder.

*pushes up glasses*
Erm, actually, a ham is from the hind limbs on the pig, whereas the shoulder is, well, from the shoulder.

Doing an uncured ham in a smoker would be RAD, tho; find one at a carniceria and do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:allears: