Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

pkid posted:

So is this the Suns being good all of a sudden or are the Hawks truly this shite.
bit from column A (it's about time the Suns made good on their list) and a bit from column B.

Oy vey this is getting brutal. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i hate dwayne russell's commentating with a passion

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

pkid posted:

So is this the Suns being good all of a sudden or are the Hawks truly this shite.

Yes.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
:captainpop:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Windmill Hut posted:

I don't feel like the standard of footy has been very good so far but it's pretty cool that i have pretty much no idea who will win any games next week. The only team that looks properly garbage and incapable of winning is Gold Coast, but then they could have a good game this afternoon and it'll just confuse everything further.

WELP

Not just a "good game" but they won and won by a loving huge margin. Hawks are last on the ladder after three rounds. Absolutely crazy.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

:same: he is the worst of a very bad bunch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT JAEGER

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

snaeksikn posted:

He sounds so unreasonably angry all the time. Not to mention he barely calls the actual play, he just says the name of the player with the ball

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
hawthorn on 63.3% :gizz:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT JAEGER

Lol i can't imagine he thinks otherwise

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

thepokey posted:

He sounds so unreasonably angry all the time. Not to mention he barely calls the actual play, he just says the name of the player with the ball

he will also change the way he says the players names randomly like hes doing a casting call

"ok now say this one in a surprised manner, then cautious, then questioning"

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Also Tyrone vickery is a crab. 3 years? Fkn lol.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
What a threepeat, thanks hawks.

E: Just remembered that the hawks traded away their future picks. Not even tanking will help them.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 9, 2017

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Volkerball posted:

The suns are making them pay for every little mistake. It's a legit good performance by them imo. Wouldn't expect it to be a trend tho.

Yeah don't get me wrong, suns played a ripper. In that form they could push just about any team. I genuinely hope they can keep it up, i feel bad for any team that has so little success

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
We are confusingly bad right now. Bizarre skill errors and decision making all over the place and no communication seemingly anywhere on the ground. It's like nobody has done a preseason and/or have had multiple preseasons wiped from their memory.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

strap on revenge posted:

hawthorn on 63.3% :gizz:

Also, the Saints are owed their first round pick this year.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
if you had asked me three weeks ago which teams i thought would be winless after three rounds, i sure as hell would not have said hawthorn and sydney lmao

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Stop that.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I'll still get the jumper though.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Still only 3% for the spoon? What a relief

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Looking forward to hearing why a player was allowed back on the field after getting knocked out cold.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

pkid posted:

Also, the Saints are owed their first round pick this year.

And Gold Coast their second. As it stands their first pick is GWS's second rounder

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

Looking forward to hearing why a player was allowed back on the field after getting knocked out cold.
Weitering?

You can almost see his skull

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Weitering?

You can almost see his skull

Didn't move once he hit the ground either.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shmoses posted:

And Gold Coast their second. As it stands their first pick is GWS's second rounder

If everyone keeps talking about this, you're going to jinx it, and the Hawks will pick up both Fyfe and Martin as free agents with the leftover cap space from Hodge, Gibson, and Burgoyne retiring, and somehow steal a Gibson replacement down back with a strong arm trade.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

If everyone keeps talking about this, you're going to jinx it, and the Hawks will pick up both Fyfe and Martin as free agents with the leftover cap space from Hodge, Gibson, and Burgoyne retiring, and somehow steal a Gibson replacement down back with a strong arm trade.

McGovern?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Inshallah

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Go away you can't have him :colbert:

In other amusing stuff, don't talk yourself up or believe the media hype about how strong and physical and intimidating and best first round pick you are if this is what you come up with when trying it in a derby

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Football media shits me so much at times the way they just swing to the extreme one way or the other. The dogs lose a game that they probably shouldn't have and now its a premiership hangover. If they started out with 3 bad losses, then ok sure maybe. If they weren't able to make the 8, then yeah totally. Freo were good, and that shouldn't really surprise given that last year the fact they were so bad all of a sudden was what shocked people. I'm sure if the Dogs win next week then the season will be "back on track".

Hopefully they can bring Minson back in next week to help them out against Norf and Spider Burton.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I didn't see the game. Hawks legit poo poo or did the Suns actually perform

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

I didn't see the game. Hawks legit poo poo or did the Suns actually perform

Both. Suns really turned up to play, and we are really, extraordinarily bad.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I... I still believe!!!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

thepokey posted:

Hopefully they can bring Minson back in next week to help them out against Norf and Spider Burton.

Also, lol imagine letting Gold Coast do that to you

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I memed a meme

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Jesse Hogan filmed having a dart at a music festival in WA.

Gawn was on the smokes as a youngster and he's All-Australian so i have high hopes for Hoges.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hawthorn fielded the oldest side of the round yesterday lol

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i hope jake spencer is nice and fit because he will be filling in for gawn over the next 3 months :(

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Carlton had 5 first game players and 7 players with 10 games or less including Silvagni who played his 11th yesterday.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

i hope jake spencer is nice and fit because he will be filling in for gawn over the next 3 months :(

Honestly we're still probably better off losing Max than say Tom McDonald. Our midfield can cover as long as Spencer can bring it to ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

I memed a meme

Haha very good. I reckon the Greenfield Post would run this if you sent it to them

• Locked thread