Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Eromanga Sensei
Cautious yes on this one. It seems to be hitting the right notes but the whole "written by Oreimo author" thing is a massive albatross around it's neck.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Shows get sirens based on popularity. So if enough goons are looking forward to a show or saying they like it, it gets a siren. And yes, I count what everyone is planning to watch at the beginning of every season. And now Bahamut gets a siren.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

also the re creators thread is now in the op and warau salesman lost its siren.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

and i dropped hinako note after half an episode

and i like basically all moe shows

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Do I need to watch the first season to watch the second, because this gif is very cute.

There was absolutely nothing noteworthy about the first season aside from it just being generically really loving good.

Also :laffo: at all those saying My Hero Academia would have better pacing this year.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Do I need to watch the first season to watch the second, because this gif is very cute.

Yes, and you should anyway because it's an incredibly fun swashbuckler.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The only thing that bugged me about Your Name was both Taki and Mitsuha saying "twilight" (Kataware-doki, i think it was?) at the same time when only one of them was actually present for the lecture by cameo-teacher. Well, that and the terminal ballistics of meteor impacts, but I give that one a break for plot convenience.

It was good, and it didn't try to crib Ghibli like Lost Voices. Still had the classic Shinkai elements; I wonder what his long-lost childhood friend thinks about all this.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Eccentric Family s2 is starting today, so I went and translated a short story that takes place between the seasons:

https://mega.nz/#!8XBC2RjT!Vie1uPKWcETmM0nOViAJkpqfYF8hPjmNxUQ_ihn4YwI

It's not plot-critical or anything, but it's got a few cool character moments and there's a little callback to it in s2.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

That's not a good sign

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's pretty dull but I'm also only watching like four shows this season so far so I stuck with it.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Darth Walrus posted:

Yes, and you should anyway because it's an incredibly fun swashbuckler.

I just finished watching it it and hell, I agree.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A Silent Voice is a pretty fantastic movie and I love Ishida's family :3:

The scene with the mums meeting after the festival was ridiculously powerful

Knorth fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 9, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Doc V posted:

Eccentric Family s2 is starting today, so I went and translated a short story that takes place between the seasons:

https://mega.nz/#!8XBC2RjT!Vie1uPKWcETmM0nOViAJkpqfYF8hPjmNxUQ_ihn4YwI

It's not plot-critical or anything, but it's got a few cool character moments and there's a little callback to it in s2.

Ah thanks for this!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay Sakura Quest is pretty good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

despite being an abject failure in the sales department, girlish number is getting another anime

a 4koma comedy one, i guess all that desperate merch pushing worked out for them

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

4 koma comedy has a very high good:time ratio so I'm all right with this

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it is the season of bad pov sequences in anime

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

There's been more than one?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

tsukigakirai seems legit. looks very nice. im excited for it to slowly do nothing, calmly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kater posted:

tsukigakirai seems legit. looks very nice. im excited for it to slowly do nothing, calmly.

At least there's two people watching it now

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
what is this Your Name movie's title in japanese by the by, that's how it's listed most places

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

At least there's two people watching it now

It's on my list of shows I actually want to watch this season, I've just not gotten around to it yet.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

kater posted:

I too hate the moon

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

what is this Your Name movie's title in japanese by the by, that's how it's listed most places

"Kimi no na wa." is the title.

It has a few showings over here, which is quite rare for an anime movie that isn't for kids or from Ghibli. Probably going to see it on the 25th.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Droyer posted:

I too hate the moon

What did it ever do to you

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
gently caress the moon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The moon is a harsh mistress

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

gently caress the moon

Good synergy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

gently caress the moon

Symphogear AxZ isn't until summer.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sakurazuka posted:

The moon is a harsh mistress

its true. i read a book about that

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Kado has a cool premise, but wow the woman scientist with the Fisher Price tablet is annoying. I'll give it a 3 episode test, but none of the characters are very interesting.

Feels like a blatant mashup of Shin Godzilla and Arrival so far.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
gently caress OFF SPACE EGG

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Eccentric Family is just as good as ever.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I don't hate it, and hinako's special ability made me laugh every time she used it, but I don't predict it being one of my favorites of the season.

It's like Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka? with less interesting characters.

In other news, I get a bad vibe from "Clockwork Planet". Finger scene aside, it sort of reminds me of "Big Order" for some reason, and that makes me cautious.

Sakurada Reset and Busou Shoujo caught my attention, so I decided to pull the trigger on Anime Strike. Y'all weren't kidding when you said that the interface sucked.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

me a week ago, "haha drat, alice and zouroku's ed sounds a lot of masumi ito blended with kishi bashi I really like it!"

me today, "I should really look up this band to see what they previously di-

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hinako Note didn't blow me away or anything, but I could see it being a nice cozy SoL show. Could do some reasonably interesting things by juxtaposing the protag's anxiety against something that puts her out there the way a theater troupe would.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Futaba Anzu posted:

me a week ago, "haha drat, alice and zouroku's ed sounds a lot of masumi ito blended with kishi bashi I really like it!"

They also did the flip flap ED.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

Holy poo poo I was right. It felt a bit off from her stuff so I though maybe no, but apparently she's at least partly responsible.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
The Eccentric Family is moving pretty quick, but I was already expecting that since s1 sped through the first few chapters, too.

Also, from the previews it seems that they're skipping over chapter 2? Or at least shuffling it later into the story since they still mentioned some stuff that happens in it.

But the weirdest thing was that apparently Kureichirou is just randomly around from the beginning now. For reference, in the book he doesn't show up until the second-to-last chapter (and it's kind of a big deal when he does), so I genuinely don't know how they're going to handle a whole bunch of plot points now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

tsugumomo had moments of good fighting in it but it'll only be until ep 3 next week before i can make a decision that it's actually good because that was the first oh drat this battle is actually good moment in the manga

• Locked thread