Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

K. Waste posted:

The Zodiac Killer is quite a piece of work. It's like The Naked City by way of HGL.

Hoseph Gordon-Levitt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

I Before E posted:

Hoseph Gordon-Levitt?

Yeah, director of (500) Slays of Summer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tron Legacy still holds up.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Tron Legacy still holds up.

It didn't hold up in the first place.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/RezOKC/status/850646017829732352

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Yo, church:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Glamorama26 posted:

Franklin Sherman for life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 9, 2017

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Never watched The Critic. Changing that as we speak by watching episode one on Youtube. This stood out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2uNzjBCxYc&t=373s

That poor, poor woman.

e:

I wish.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 9, 2017

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

K. Waste posted:

Yo, church:

I hope this becomes a regular thing since the NFB has so many great films that aren't as well-known. They ought to do a documentary block next, so they can show Universe and 21-87.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Oh my god the cat came back

The song is already stuck in my head just from the title

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Anyone here been to any of the Curzon Cinemas in London?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The lady and I just signed the lease on our first apartment

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Sooo, i just found out that this kid who was a friend of my friends in high school runs the Daily Stormer, the biggest hate site on the internet. In high school this kid was a leftist vegan with dreadlocks and JNCO's whose favorite bands were like Dead Kennedys and Propaghandi. It's fuckin bizarre.

And I used to sell heroin to his best friend like 4 years ago. I just talked to this dude and they're still best friends, which is even more bizarre, cause his brother is black...

The notion that the extreme right and the extreme left are indistinguishable is intellectually dishonest and lazy, but there are people on both sides that are just extreme personalities and not really ideologically principled in any particular fashion. As a leftist political organizer I just spent all weekend steering around people who leap at the chance to defend Bashar Al-Assad and North Korea because they're the "not America" side.

PS: A few months ago I made a really hand-wringing post here because my then-girlfriend, a millionaire ivory tower Marxist hyper-mired in identity politics and too ideologically paralytic to take any political action, castigated me for "appropriating black movements" by raising my fist in solidarity with fellow communists. Last night I was salsa dancing with Chilean rebels that fought Pinochet in the 70s, thanks to Hundu for helping me out in that moment of insecurity

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 9, 2017

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
All Canadians over 30 have seen the Log Drivers Waltz at least 800 times.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The lady and I just signed the lease on our first apartment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY

Egbert Souse posted:

I hope this becomes a regular thing since the NFB has so many great films that aren't as well-known. They ought to do a documentary block next, so they can show Universe and 21-87.

FishBulb posted:

Oh my god the cat came back

The song is already stuck in my head just from the title

I was confused for a second because I was thinking of the '36 Merrie Melodies short: https://vimeo.com/27849107

No doubt, it's gonna be one hell of a evening.

Anonymous Robot posted:

The notion that the extreme right and the extreme left are indistinguishable is intellectually dishonest and lazy, but there are people on both sides that are just extreme personalities and not really ideologically principled in any particular fashion. As a leftist political organizer I just spent all weekend steering around people who leap at the chance to defend Bashar Al-Assad and North Korea because they're the "not America" side.

PS: A few months ago I made a really hand-wringing post here because my then-girlfriend, a millionaire ivory tower Marxist hyper-mired in identity politics and too ideologically paralytic to take any political action, castigated me for "appropriating black movements" by raising my fist in solidarity with fellow communists. Last night I was salsa dancing with Chilean rebels that fought Pinochet in the 70s, thanks to Hundu for helping me out in that moment of insecurity

Bravo, comrade.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I know quite a few foreign cultures (including my own) that treats westerners appropriating their customs and traditions as a bragging right.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The one scene that really stuck with me from Tron: Legacy is the bit where Quorra's unconscious and Flynn digs into her source code and is waxing on and on about what incredibly complex machinery it all is, and something about the way he describes it just gave me the creeps. Like, there's this disconnect where for him he's just looking at a fascinating art object vs. the conceit of the movie is that Quorra is actually a living, thinking person.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh yeah, he was a total extreme personality case. I mean, his lil group of vegan punks in high school were called ghe Vegan Death Squad (which was kinda dope).

Then he got into Alex Jones, reptilian shape-shifters, and 4chan and welp, now he's the #1 neo-nazi in the country.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
tomorrow belongs
tomorrow belongs
tomorrow belongs to memes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Some people are just anti-establishment because they want attention and atm you'll get a hell of a lot more attention as a right-wing insane guy -- hell, you might get a cabinet position

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

corn in the bible posted:

Some people are just anti-establishment because they want attention and atm you'll get a hell of a lot more attention as a right-wing insane guy -- hell, you might get a cabinet position

If it's just about attention he could have become a Muslim extremist, too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Grendels Dad posted:

That's way more work

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Grendels Dad posted:

Extreme but not give up bacon extreme.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Biodigital jazz

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sooo, i just found out that this kid who was a friend of my friends in high school runs the Daily Stormer, the biggest hate site on the internet. In high school this kid was a leftist vegan with dreadlocks and JNCO's whose favorite bands were like Dead Kennedys and Propaghandi. It's fuckin bizarre.

And I used to sell heroin to his best friend like 4 years ago. I just talked to this dude and they're still best friends, which is even more bizarre, cause his brother is black...

I had a friend who was a hard left anarchist. He was there at every rally and protest and always up for a bit of sabotage. Really nice and chill guy, possibly a bit too chill at times but really good hearted. Then he started experimenting with hallucinogens and got really heavily into shrooms. He got increasingly unstable and no one heard from him in a while until he started posting Neo-Nazi videos and rants on social media. Which is extra weird because his mom is an immigrant and he'd been really active in movements helping immigrants. Whenever we did meet him he was really antagonistic to everyone and obviously not quite right. Around that same time he became a Mormon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Watched 7 Psychopaths last night, I enjoyed it, and it was interesting that Colin Farrell's attitude towards guns mirrors my own and is justified in the movie.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Extreme but not give up bacon extreme.

The guy in question was vegan, though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grendels Dad posted:

The guy in question was vegan, though.

Is Facon halal?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I feel like this was lost at the bottom of the last page and I don't want it to be.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

The MSJ posted:

I know quite a few foreign cultures (including my own) that treats westerners appropriating their customs and traditions as a bragging right.

I've always raised an eyebrow at cultural appropriation, although it's never really been my place to attack it.

I will say, to me it should be about things like wearing Mexican sombreros and parkas on Halloween. Cause when you make it about white people doing rap or, say, taking a traditional revolutionary symbol that through modern history became associated with the American Black Power movement, then you're really just falling into the same discriminatory "keep the races separate" ideology as the goddamn Richard Spencers of the world. Except, ironically, in the name of equality.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
good morning, it's sunday. here's a lady yelling at animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvtT3UyhibQ

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

good morning, it's sunday. here's a lady yelling at animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvtT3UyhibQ

That's rules and her magic mind control song made that one cow super horny

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I want a whole album of nice Swedish yelling.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

FreudianSlippers posted:

I had a friend who was a hard left anarchist. He was there at every rally and protest and always up for a bit of sabotage. Really nice and chill guy, possibly a bit too chill at times but really good hearted. Then he started experimenting with hallucinogens and got really heavily into shrooms. He got increasingly unstable and no one heard from him in a while until he started posting Neo-Nazi videos and rants on social media. Which is extra weird because his mom is an immigrant and he'd been really active in movements helping immigrants. Whenever we did meet him he was really antagonistic to everyone and obviously not quite right. Around that same time he became a Mormon.

Yeah, this dude was into psychedelics and speed too. I think clinical paranoia is a pretty common ingredient in converts to the far-right.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Yeah, this dude was into psychedelics and speed too. I think clinical paranoia is a pretty common ingredient in converts to the far-right.

Extreme personalities is a good indicator for this sort of thing. How many of Alex Jones' pet conspiracy theories are things equally believed on the left, for example?

Chemtrails, 9/11 was an inside job. It's not as big a leap as it seems from GMOs are killing you to immigrants are killing you if the indoctrination is done properly.

Sorry about your friend :(

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
People in general are paranoid and unstable.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

People in general are paranoid and unstable.

Not me.

Never.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Anonymous Robot posted:

Hey, no problem.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

CopywrightMMXI posted:

All Canadians over 30 have seen the Log Drivers Waltz at least 800 times.

Some of us still watch it from time to time.

Also, revisiting it as a grown up, there's a whole lot of sexual innuendo there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

I will say, to me it should be about things like wearing Mexican sombreros and parkas on Halloween.

I know you meant ponchos but that's a really funny mental image

• Locked thread