Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

NXT tapings

Setting the over/under on 4 weeks before Hideo gets injured again

The HHH masturbation tour didnt ended at WM so it seems.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris James 2 posted:

RIP Drew "Broken Dreams" McIntyre. An entrance theme I'll never forget :smith:

Honestly CFO$ loving rules so I'm still optimistic.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

abraham linksys posted:

the harsh divide between "main event" and "midcard" nxt is brutal for the booking. I really wish we had more undercard challengers to the top belt, makes the champion's reign way more meaningful and allows people to lose great matches and stay over. like, apollo crews's best moment in wwe so far was his match with finn, do more of that please

We had one just the last tapings, and people were complaining about Ohno being pinned clean.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Honestly CFO$ loving rules so I'm still optimistic.

I like it

https://twitter.com/maineventradio/status/849763420647948288/video/1

Just not as much

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Senerio posted:

We had one just the last tapings, and people were complaining about Ohno being pinned clean.

This is a fair point, but I think the difference was that some people (myself somewhat included, though I try to be realistic) wanted Ohno to debut huge and run over the upper midcard, debuting at the same height as Drew or Roode, and instead he got pinned quickly by Roode instead of being protected at all. That's not really a problem of "midcard vs champion," it's more like "fresh face vs champion."

I don't love Drew beating the midcard right out of the gate, but like, I'll admit that if Ohno had done the same thing I would have been happy, so maybe that's just personal bias on my part

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Dylan Miley is the man with the giant Shrek hands, yes? Good to see he and his mitts are still around.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/568135064384614400

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Chris James 2 posted:

RIP Drew "Broken Dreams" McIntyre. An entrance theme I'll never forget :smith:

Which is surprising because I thought everyone fell asleep the second it started.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

lmao his theme is literally buttrock bagpipes

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

The HHH masturbation tour didnt ended at WM so it seems.

it never ends, good doctor, it never ends

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

also less people should be talking about Drew McIntyre and more people should be talking about Dylan Miley. They should put him with Heavy Machinery and Kassius Ohno in a big guy destroying everything stable.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao his theme is literally buttrock bagpipes

So, Korn?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Not sure about the idea of a Roode/Itami feud, especially if they're going to drag it out to the next Takeover. I'd much rather Itami goes to Raw/205 Live sooner rather than later.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Venomous posted:

Not sure about the idea of a Roode/Itami feud, especially if they're going to drag it out to the next Takeover. I'd much rather Itami goes to Raw/205 Live sooner rather than later.

There are literally 6 shows until the next Takeover in May

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poor Almas can't get a break, man

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Bate vs Gallagher is literally the only Gallagher match I have any interest in seeing, so thank you WWE for booking for me.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

oh. that was fast. Hope they pull the trigger on Roode/Gargano after that then.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Roode/Itami is a weird feud. Roode's almost face-ish over with his theme and decent mic work. That doesn't matter against Nakamura who'd get cheered over almost anyone, but against Itami, who doesn't have anywhere approaching the charisma or (unless he's got a lot better while he's been injured) the mic skills? I can easily see the crowd cheering for Roode.

Itami's big selling point is his ringwork, so I hope they have him run through some good matches and not just the development cans in the leadup to the next event.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think it's an easy feud, Roode can just try to reinjure him again, crowd gets behind the beleaguered face, easy heat really.

Also my phone tries to correct Roode to Roodepoort.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Astro7x posted:

It being before Backlash instead of Summerslam is throwing people.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh they should do that more often. Always thought their biggest mistake last year was not holding a Takeover between Summerslam and Survivor Series.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Being told there would be a Kimber Lee vs Heidi Lovelace match in WWE with a Nikki Storm run in would have blew my mind a year ago.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Revenant Threshold posted:

Roode/Itami is a weird feud. Roode's almost face-ish over with his theme and decent mic work. That doesn't matter against Nakamura who'd get cheered over almost anyone, but against Itami, who doesn't have anywhere approaching the charisma or (unless he's got a lot better while he's been injured) the mic skills? I can easily see the crowd cheering for Roode.

Itami's big selling point is his ringwork, so I hope they have him run through some good matches and not just the development cans in the leadup to the next event.

If you told me 10 years ago that Nakamura would have more charisma than KENTA I'd leap over the ropes and then lightly kick you in the face as you lay on the mat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
KENTA owns and I hope to see at least one strong NXT run from him, but his body just seems to be totally broken down these days. Even Nakamura managed to make it to the main roster unscathed, while Hideo Itami kinda feels like a forgotten man.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
he really hasn't made the in-ring transition to the WWE style very well either

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

KENTA owns and I hope to see at least one strong NXT run from him, but his body just seems to be totally broken down these days. Even Nakamura managed to make it to the main roster unscathed, while Hideo Itami kinda feels like a forgotten man.

To be fair his most recent injury was due to his opponent's botch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spermgod posted:

he really hasn't made the in-ring transition to the WWE style very well either

haven't literally just told him "wrestle like KENTA" instead now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH TV Tapings

Dark match:
Joey Diesel Daddiego pinned J-Roc

WOH matches:
Deonna Purrazo submitted Faye Jackson in a match also featuring Jenny Rose and Mandy Leon
Karen Q beat Kelly Klein by countout (Deonna distraction)

Ep 1:
Daniels says he'll face the winner of a fourway (Adam Page/Jay White/Jay Lethal/Silas Young). Cody asks why he's not in the match
Shane Taylor pins Rush after distraction from Caprice Coleman. MCMG come out and get beat-down
Top Prospect Tournament finals: Josh Woods submits John Skyler
Marty Scurll retains TV title over Kaz after Page interferes. Matt Sydal chases Scurll off post-match

Ep 2:
The Kingdom (Matt Taven and Vinny Marseglia) pinned Coast to Coast (Leon St Giovanni and Shaheem Ali) with Daniels' finisher
Bucks issue open challenge, Mike Mondo and Kenny Dykstra accept
Sydal pins Flip Gordon. Sydal avoids a post-match attack from Scurll
Adam Cole says everything's well with Bullet Club and next week they'll take on Daniels and Dalton Castle
Lethal wins #1 contendership after pinning Silas

Ep 3:
Bucks pin Spirit Squad via Meltzer Driver
Punishment Martinez pins Beer City Bruiser
Cole and Cody defeat Castle and Daniels, Bucks celebrate post-match. Lethal takes out Cody and Daniels

Ep 4:
Search & Destroy (Sabin and Jonathan Gresham), with Shelley, defeated Cheeseburger and Will Ferrara (with Joey Daddiego)
Silas pins Bobby Fish after Beer City Bruiser distraction
Bully Ray and Briscoes retain trios title over Rebellion

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The loving Spirit Squad? Is Cornette back?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Thought the WWE owned the Spirit Squad gimmick. Guessing this is literally just Kenny Dykstra and Mike Mondo and the writer just got lazy.

e: no, wait, they're actually billed as the Spirit Squad on Cagematch, so...idk?

Venomous fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 9, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MassRafTer posted:

If you told me 10 years ago that Nakamura would have more charisma than KENTA I'd leap over the ropes and then lightly kick you in the face as you lay on the mat.

I watched part of an old nakamura/shibata match from 2004 because I was looking for one from I think 2013 or something and drat, I knew he was a lot more boring back then but I wasn't aware quite how boring. Shibata used to have a big ol chubby face too which is funny

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

lol ROH is just as bad as TNA now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Maybe they will actually push Matt Sydal now that he is banned from Japan.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe they will actually push Matt Sydal now that he is banned from Japan.

A Daniels/Sydal program would be fun considering their history. And Sydal and Delirious are ultra tight so it could actually happen and even be in the cards!

(pure speculation of course)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

A Daniels/Sydal program would be fun considering their history. And Sydal and Delirious are ultra tight so it could actually happen and even be in the cards!

(pure speculation of course)

Maaaan Delirious is gonna be smoking so much weed instead of booking or talking to talent now that Sydal is back.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Maaaan Delirious is gonna be smoking so much weed instead of booking or talking to talent now that Sydal is back.

Evidence #1: Mandy Leon came out for her match with red stuff around her mouth. The gimmick is that she KILLED Taeler Hendrix.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good work there, WWE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Endless Mike posted:

Good work there, WWE.

AJ is easy (and makes me sad) but I can't tell who the blue one is. Charlotte?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is