Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

And Gio being bad hurts. I just wanted a decent Italian on the grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Fairly certain literally every driver on the grid has lost the rear on a wet patch of track at some point before. Wouldn't write off Gio so quickly. Tough weekend for everyone.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

He's actually "Might cost Mercedes the WCC" bad, which is pretty impressive.

He will definitely be the deciding factor if they don't retain the WCC and those dipshit fuckos at Mercedes can suck a gently caress for listening to precious Lewis and not accepting Nando driving for free.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

Fairly certain literally every driver on the grid has lost the rear on a wet patch of track at some point before. Wouldn't write off Gio so quickly. Tough weekend for everyone.

Are we getting another race with him? If he drives one more he can't do Ferrari testing.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Norns posted:

Okay? What's your point. The car being in the wrong mode is still an issue an impacts performance. Bitching about it got it fixed.

My point is that he is responsible for knowing the car well enough to make sure the settings are correct, the only person he had to blame there was himself. He ate a whole murder of crows in the post race interview as a result.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

He will definitely be the deciding factor if they don't retain the WCC and those dipshit fuckos at Mercedes can suck a gently caress for listening to precious Lewis and not accepting Nando driving for free.

Yes, because McLaren is totally going to give up their best driver while he's still under contract. Totally, 100% Lewis's fault. Yup.

Norns posted:

Are we getting another race with him? If he drives one more he can't do Ferrari testing.

Possibly. Pascal said he's not certain he can do the next race.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wuffles posted:

My point is that he is responsible for knowing the car well enough to make sure the settings are correct, the only person he had to blame there was himself. He ate a whole murder of crows in the post race interview as a result.

So he should have just kept quiet in the wrong engine mode. Got it.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

wicka posted:

From what I saw of it, he was also trying to get clear air around his teammate who was rejoining after going halfway down the pit entrance.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wicka posted:

You have to think that Wehrlein would've been back next week anyway. At this point I think it's up to Ferrari to decide if he's worth investing in.

Entertaining race, I think. Verstappen bitching bitching and moaning about Grosjean at the end made me laugh, does he expect him to just do the old Trulli move and pull over when he's well ahead? I think the Ferrari is still a great car, and other than not telling Kimi to get out of the way earlier (not sure he would've listened anyway) the strategy seemed ok. Still high hopes. Vettel could've taken it to Lewis if that Ricciardo-Kimi-Vettel train hadn't lasted so long.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's also possible the Sauber is poo poo?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Norns posted:

So he should have just kept quiet in the wrong engine mode. Got it.

Nah, but maybe he could pay a little more attention to things before and during the race instead of losing his poo poo at the engineers while holding up his teammate and running 40 seconds behind him at the end. *Kimisleepinginthecar.jpg*

The Iceman having a meltdown will never not be funny though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Norns posted:

It's also possible the Sauber is poo poo?

It's down to Gio for losing it while accelerating in a straight line. I mean I'm sure the Sauber is poo poo but that's a bad driver mistake.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wuffles posted:

Nah, but maybe he could pay a little more attention to things before and during the race instead of losing his poo poo at the engineers while holding up his teammate and running 40 seconds behind him at the end. *Kimisleepinginthecar.jpg*

The Iceman having a meltdown will never not be funny though.

Vettle still woulda been in second even if Kimi wasn't Kimi.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Marchionne should kick Raikkonen rear end and tell him "if you see Vettel behind you, move the gently caress out" but in italian.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Gigi Galli posted:

It's down to Gio for losing it while accelerating in a straight line. I mean I'm sure the Sauber is poo poo but that's a bad driver mistake.

Was it jojo palmer who did the exact same thing last year?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Marchionne should kick Raikkonen rear end and tell him "if you see Vettel behind you, move the gently caress out" but in italian.

The same thing is going to happen as it is with Ricciardo. Half-way through the season the team is going to quietly decide the guy in front is the number 1, and that the number 2's role is to do what is required.

If they do it now, Ricciardo and/or Raikkonen will flip the gently caress out.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schlesische posted:

The same thing is going to happen as it is with Ricciardo. Half-way through the season the team is going to quietly decide the guy in front is the number 1, and that the number 2's role is to do what is required.

If they do it now, Ricciardo and/or Raikkonen will flip the gently caress out.

Ricciardo didnt want to pass Mad Max today, even with his lookout. Raikkonen is trash and the only thing he did this weekend was defend againt Vettel.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Skarsnik posted:

Was it jojo palmer who did the exact same thing last year?

And he's poo poo!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Gigi Galli posted:

And he's poo poo!

He is indeed

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

Yes, because McLaren is totally going to give up their best driver while he's still under contract. Totally, 100% Lewis's fault. Yup.

The fact they're pootling round with a dogshit power unit and not even making it to the end of a race just because it's paying their bills is demonstrable proof that Alonso's contract is not ironclad. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Do me a favour.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also its pathetic that Alonsos Mclaren breaks down when he pushes it. The other car is trash either way but Alonso could drag that car to a 10 place if the drat thing could resist a little.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

The fact they're pootling round with a dogshit power unit and not even making it to the end of a race just because it's paying their bills is demonstrable proof that Alonso's contract is not ironclad. Money talks, bullshit walks.

I have no words, lmbo.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Be nice wicka

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Be nice wicka

bicka

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is so quietly depressing

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/851128564258938881

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's actually pretty innocent and seems kind of nice

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Considering both of them nearly got points (and K-Mag did), it works? :shrug:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
See, it's not just Formula E that has Fan Boost.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Imagin how glorious it would be to see Lance Stroll with fan boost

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjKBtJe4Fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFH38CL1Ots

The race highlight is 50fps.

The official F1 youtube channel actually owns now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

He did last year and then vettel binned it anyways.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Yea you are a jaded goon. "Hey have fun out there guys, check out these messages from the fans" seems like its good for the culture of f1

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

I have no words, lmbo.

Hey, when I'm right I'm right :shrug:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

DoctorGonzo posted:

My middle daughter who is a pure and innocent casual viewer untainted by snark was screaming " if he's saying his car is broken then MAKE HIM MOVE OUT IF THE WAY FOR SEB" at the television and is of the firm opinion that it was Kimi being "a bone head" that lost Seb the race.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I fear I may be your daughter

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

learnincurve posted:

My middle daughter who is a pure and innocent casual viewer untainted by snark was screaming " if he's saying his car is broken then MAKE HIM MOVE OUT IF THE WAY FOR SEB" at the television and is of the firm opinion that it was Kimi being "a bone head" that lost Seb the race.

Your daughter is a smart woman.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flesh Croissant posted:

Yea you are a jaded goon. "Hey have fun out there guys, check out these messages from the fans" seems like its good for the culture of f1

*beep boop* "Twitter? As somebody who works in tech...I can tell you that if my Alexa read out motivational tweets to me before I left for work, you can be sure you will be be seeing my Altima spinning off the on ramp to the parkway.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Also if anyone wants to know what good commentators are, BTSport2 MotoGP is on right now. Best motorsports commentators on earth. You will weep when you return to Sky for the next Lewis Hamilton win.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Also if anyone wants to know what good commentators are, BTSport2 MotoGP is on right now. Best motorsports commentators on earth. You will weep when you return to Sky for the next Lewis Hamilton win.

Toby and Julien are the best. Anything else is a farce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate Max Verstappen. Die stupid bitch die <- Me shooting Max Verstappen with a Colt Single Action Army

• Locked thread