Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

You can beat me all you want, random white guy, but I signed my confession as "Notmy Realname". Who's laughing now jackass? :c00lbutt:

Also, should I just go the "....." route when given the option in dialogue? I seem to recall the main protagonists of Persona to be silent.

P5's protag doesn't care about your rules, man.

You are right, though. Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment even had this weird thing where the protagonist was silent in one game but then becomes voiced in the other one where they're not the head of the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

P5's protag doesn't care about your rules, man.

You are right, though. Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment even had this weird thing where the protagonist was silent in one game but then becomes voiced in the other one where they're not the head of the party.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 had this too, in the missions where you play as Soap McTavish he's silent but in missions where you play as another character he's voiced by Kevin McKidd

P5 owns btw

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You can beat me all you want, random white guy, but I signed my confession as "Notmy Realname". Who's laughing now jackass? :c00lbutt:

Also, should I just go the "....." route when given the option in dialogue? I seem to recall the main protagonists of Persona to be silent.

ive been giving it during the interrogation parts because im not a loving snitch

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Soft Shell Crab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV6PPpvUDJE

This game looks like if the developers had set out to make game like Horizon but didn't see all the gray/brown criticisms.

Some elements do seem eerily similar but apparently it's been in development before HZD was ever made public. The subject matter does look cool, Silent Hill with a dash of Nordic mythology could be pretty interesting, but Ninja Theory does have a mixed history as a developer. But who knows, 2017 is the year for great video games with dumb titles.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Most of the dialog choices get the same response unless its like in a social link type situation

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Are these Nier bodies real people's dark souls bloodstain style?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Are these Nier bodies real people's dark souls bloodstain style?

Yup

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cool it was hard to tell because I keep getting Asian text names for some reason. Havent seen a bonerlord69 or weedhitler420. Just a mess of kanji or Chinese or something.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Wow I'm almost 30 and this might be the first time that I instantly went "Day 1 Purchase" from a trailer. Everything about this games theme, character and style are my poo poo and even as a DMC tryhard I can admit Ninja Theory actually had some cool ideas about combat and the vergil's downfall DLC showed that they were willing to admit mistakes. If this is just a hack and slash with a cool psychosis mechanic and dreadlocks than we are off to the races.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

Most of the dialog choices get the same response unless its like in a social link type situation

I think he means the interrogation scenes with Sae. I haven't caught up to those events yet, but from the looks of things just for story-wise I think admitting the truth is more appropriate. You're already telling her about everything anyway, it's not like you're mumbling through with half-truths.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think he means the interrogation scenes with Sae. I haven't caught up to those events yet, but from the looks of things just for story-wise I think admitting the truth is more appropriate. You're already telling her about everything anyway, it's not like you're mumbling through with half-truths.

Thats not the impression i get. You seem to not be telling her stuff but just remembering it cause you have a scene in the gameplay where you meet a char that helps you and then it cuts to her and shes like "you must have known someone with x skill...hmm" like shes either really dumb or doesnt know what you were just thinking about.
Might just be translation issues though. Still early goings for me.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nier question. Is "can be exchanged for money" code for safe to sell?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah it says something else if its a mat but there might be some fake ending deaths tied to some of them if you use them

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

Pretty much. There's one sidequest that requires 1 boar meat and 1 deer meat, so you might want to hold onto that just in case. Anything you can fish up is the same as well. (Aside from Pod B and the Iron Pipe)

You might want to save the machine cores, since selling prices will double on later routes through the game and you can get a nice chunk of change if you're looking to get materials for upgrades.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

Agghh I'm sucking at googling this..anyone know if the slim upscales regular blurays to 4k?

And I dunno about this gamefly thing, signed up a week ago to save the hassle of buying and reselling stuff just to run through some single player stuff once, and I haven't heard a peep for a week with my queue lookin like:

I just signed up for gamefly as well. I usually do the 1 free month trial but signed up for 3 months at 10 dollars a month. I had HZD at the top of my que and they sent me Nier. I was okay with it until I figured out that every time I died the game got stuck on the loading screen and my PS4 said the disc was in readable. I returned it and said it wasn't working etc and they said they would send my next game ASAP instead of waiting to receive Nier. I didn't get my next game til a week later and they sent me The Last Guardian.

I was super loving annoyed since I didn't have a game for 2 weeks but whatever. I just moved Yukuza 0 to the top because I don't expect to get HZD, Mass Effect or Nier since they're low.

Gamefly is great when it works I guess. At least Last Guardian worked and I beat it in a couple of days.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats not the impression i get. You seem to not be telling her stuff but just remembering it cause you have a scene in the gameplay where you meet a char that helps you and then it cuts to her and shes like "you must have known someone with x skill...hmm" like shes either really dumb or doesnt know what you were just thinking about.
Might just be translation issues though. Still early goings for me.

That's just the generic Confidant response. Some later story conversations actually have her explicitly name people like you brought them up first.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How do you advance the story in the first playthrough of nier?
Found the giant gently caress off sword, found the camp but i seem to have 2 quest and nothing else.
I've explored all over, found no more quest and the weapon vendor quest i seem to only get parts for it from one little zone that rarely spawns anything to kill
Wtf am i missing?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Found the giant gently caress off sword, found the camp but i seem to have 2 quest and nothing else.
I've explored all over, found no more quest and the weapon vendor quest i seem to only get parts for it from one little zone that rarely spawns anything to kill
Wtf am i missing?

If you really finished the dumb vendor quests, walk out of camp to get a cutscene. If not, do them.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

If you really finished the dumb vendor quests, walk out of camp to get a cutscene. If not, do them.

I'm trying to finish the vendor quest I'm getting painfully annoyed that the weapon vendor crap seems to only be in one small rear end area and I'm, apparently waiting for respawn, as I've murdered everything all over with no drops

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'm trying to finish the vendor quest I'm getting painfully annoyed that the weapon vendor crap seems to only be in one small rear end area and I'm, apparently waiting for respawn, as I've murdered everything all over with no drops

I believe those ones are scattered around the area, you don't need to kill anything for that one.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Obsurveyor posted:

I believe those ones are scattered around the area, you don't need to kill anything for that one.

I'll keep looking around and grabbing everything. Thanks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Lol its the items on the ground duder not the enemies

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Wtf am i missing?

lol if you think virtuous treaty is a giant gently caress off sword

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

lol if you think virtuous treaty is a giant gently caress off sword

:what: It's a giant gently caress off sword. It's even in the giant gently caress off sword category with all the other giant gently caress off swords. Unless you're being weirdly pedantic about the blade itself being skinny relative to the rest of the giant gently caress off swords in the game.

fake edit: giant gently caress off sword

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is hitting peak anime

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oh man, are we at peak moe? Am I doing this right?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Peak anime in this thread is nowhere near the ground floor of the Vita thread.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh man, are we at peak moe? Am I doing this right?

I think it only qualifies as peak moe if some people call him the gangster of love.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so to avoid "hey get free psn codes here!" group messages that seem to have cropped up recently from random people do i just need to disable messages from non-friends? kind of a lovely solution

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I think that's the only solution that works for good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there should be a separate option to only ignore messages from lvl 1 people or something

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I am watching netflix atm, and I idly used my tv remote to pause it, and go back to select a different episode.

I'm watching from my PS4 :psyduck:

now if there were only a way to turn it on from the remote so i can just keep the controller in the dock while i watch poo poo

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 10, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I am watching netflix atm, and I idly used my tv remote to pause it, and go back to select a different episode.

I'm watching from my PS4 :psyduck:

Hdmi cec. Works on dvd and such too.

Works on just moving you home screen too.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Yeah, it threw me for a loop when it clicked for me that I wasn't on the TV's netflix. I thought I was going crazy until i used both my controller and the remote to do stuff. Is there a way to wake up the ps4 from the remote? I want to be able to turn on my TV, go to the right input and have it wake up and log in without needing the controller

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Man, Persona 5 is awesome. And this battle theme is loving catchy.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Man, Persona 5 is awesome. And this battle theme is loving catchy.

And on that note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWQFnC2zqU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So what's my best bet if I'm looking for a multiplayer shooter that is still pretty good with pubbies? I'm the only person in my circle of friends who doesn't have the Bone so I'm pretty much stuck playing games on my own.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

So what's my best bet if I'm looking for a multiplayer shooter that is still pretty good with pubbies? I'm the only person in my circle of friends who doesn't have the Bone so I'm pretty much stuck playing games on my own.

Titanfall 2 is usually cheap around and fun.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

tweet my meat posted:

Overwatch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I think both Titanfall 2 and Overwatch are around the 25 quid mark thesedays, either one is a winner it just depends if you prefer mechs or anime :shrug: