Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Macnult posted:

I bought Witcher 3 when it came out, got way too caught up in the side quests, ended up reading the first book (The Last Wish), and haven't touched the game since

still a great game imo

is this because the book is absolutely terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

fridge corn posted:

is this because the book is absolutely terrible

no, I enjoyed the book a lot. it was a collection of short stories (read: side-quests) featuring Geralt and I thought it was neat how he really does need all those potions and spells because in the game I just kept pressing square and didn't have a problem

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i play skyrim, cause my comp is kind of old, and doesn't have a graphics card, so i can't play the brand new games

:saddowns:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

d0grent

wow Furi is really fun and has a great sound track. Anyone who likes fast paced action games should pick this up

skip ahead to 6 min to see how crazy the game can get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfyrSMwvhlI

Scaly Haylie

whiteyfats posted:

i play skyrim, cause my comp is kind of old, and doesn't have a graphics card, so i can't play the brand new games

:saddowns:

get SPERG, it makes the perk trees meaningful and cool

Macnult

d0grent posted:

wow Furi is really fun and has a great sound track. Anyone who likes fast paced action games should pick this up

skip ahead to 6 min to see how crazy the game can get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfyrSMwvhlI

:agreed:
this game is fun as h*ck
even lets you change the spoken language - I picked French

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

get SPERG, it makes the perk trees meaningful and cool

i use sperg, disparity and better leveling (no pain no gain version)

so it's like my dude has a class, and doesn't level up so drat fast

----------------

Historical Wizards

whiteyfats posted:

i use sperg, disparity and better leveling (no pain no gain version)

so it's like my dude has a class, and doesn't level up so drat fast

I would say that getting rid of classes was a bad decision, but with all of Bethesda's other bad decisions that statement sort of loses value.
But at least Skyrim is fun, and it a whole lot better than Oblivion or Fallout 4

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Ultra Spoot

I waited in line for an hour and a half on sunday to get a switch, am i doing it right

Arrhythmia

Ultra Spoot posted:

I waited in line for an hour and a half on sunday to get a switch, am i doing it right

probably not, i'm pretty sure you can ust ask the internet to bring one to your door these days

Ultra Spoot

Arrhythmia posted:

probably not, i'm pretty sure you can ust ask the internet to bring one to your door these days

Really? I didn't think you could order it anywhere without buying from a reseller. Anyway breath of the wild is quickly making it worth it

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747

After I took this my phone locked up for five minutes. I guess 10k points is too much

----------------

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Historical Wizards posted:

I would say that getting rid of classes was a bad decision, but with all of Bethesda's other bad decisions that statement sort of loses value.
But at least Skyrim is fun, and it a whole lot better than Oblivion or Fallout 4

my comp won't run Fallout 4. is it that bad?

and yeah, being equally good at everything is Skyrim is my main complaint.

----------------

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

this is how I'm envisioning the ff7 remake would look like as red XIII goes super saiyan:

but until then I have this glorious theocracy of the wednesday frog to rule in stellaris

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Arrhythmia

Ultra Spoot posted:

Really? I didn't think you could order it anywhere without buying from a reseller. Anyway breath of the wild is quickly making it worth it

I am probably wrong then it sounds like you have done far more research than I have. i hope breath of the wild is a lot of fun!

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I like the new Mass Effect a lot more now.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Bobby Deluxe

mysterious frankie posted:

I like the new Mass Effect a lot more now.

it gets a lot better but boy do you have to wade through a lot of lovely intro to get there

Scaly Haylie

hi guys, how's yooka-laylee

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
not much, what's yooka-laylee with you?

d0grent

can I get some opinions on astroneer that game looks fun as heck

Scaly Haylie

whoops i bought yooka laylee

f#a#

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

d0grent posted:

can I get some opinions on astroneer that game looks fun as heck

i've put a good 6 hours into it and feel done with it if that's an opinion! last real survival/discovery game i played was minecraft, and this goes a good amount of the way towards recreating that same feeling

you'll have some fun figuring out all the elements and systems, and the landscapes are pretty enough. getting a vehicle feels like a huge boon but then you travel out and see that oh no, there's not much progression beyond getting a vehicle

the other planets are fun little mysteries though, although you can easily get stranded. and fair warning, the caves are super spooky

Arrhythmia

f#a# posted:

i've put a good 6 hours into it and feel done with it if that's an opinion! last real survival/discovery game i played was minecraft, and this goes a good amount of the way towards recreating that same feeling

you'll have some fun figuring out all the elements and systems, and the landscapes are pretty enough. getting a vehicle feels like a huge boon but then you travel out and see that oh no, there's not much progression beyond getting a vehicle

the other planets are fun little mysteries though, although you can easily get stranded. and fair warning, the caves are super spooky

friend: your av is from my favourite movie. thank you for having that av.

Historical Wizards

whiteyfats posted:

my comp won't run Fallout 4.

Your computer is doing you a solid favor

d0grent

f#a# posted:

Astroneer stuff

Hmm okay. The game is pre alpha still, does it seem like they could add a lot later? Is it worth 20 bones as is?

Historical Wizards

I really wish Stellaris had Planet of the Apes (1968 obvi) style apes for the empire creator, I mean they have Not-Vulcans. Also lemur people, lemur people would be cool.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

BIRDCON 2017

furi was super fun except for the hockey lady who was disappointing. also anyone who claims that some enemy attacks have no tells is wrong and certifiably bad at video games.

Scaly Haylie

trip report: yooka-laylee is good

ZogrimAteMyHamster

I got some Humble Bundle thing about a year ago and one of the 'games' included was Mountain. It's about as interactive as a coma, so all my playtime is basically just me leaving the 'game' to run while I go to sleep. Then I wake up the next day and find some intergalactic fucker's been throwing cargo containers at my mountain.

Scaly Haylie

any vr headset havers up in here? i wanna get one.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I have a phone vr headset, but if I want to actually do anything other than watch stationary side by side videos I have to use my gf's phone because my doesn't have a gyroscope.

Bobby Deluxe

my friend backed the oculus on kickstarter and got the dev kit and touch controllers, last time we went round to his we played keep talking and nobody explodes, superhot and this game where you teleport around a subway station and you can throw bullets at people

i accidentally punched his monitor though so not all good

Scaly Haylie

an oculus is exactly what i had in mind! what kinda rig are we talking about here? like, mine can run GTA5 pretty well....

Bobby Deluxe

i have no idea, the last pc i built was around when pci-e cards were coming in and i think 2gb was good ram

in other news i cant play the mass effect story because my wife is awake and doesnt want spoilers, and cant play multiplayer because the lag is horrendous and it crashes like a bastard

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i only have six gb of ram and the integrated graphics :downs:

----------------

pippy

CRIMES

Ultra Spoot posted:

Amazon sent me mine whenever it was available.

I'm nearing the end of that game and am only now aware you can parry and dodge attacks.

posting smiling

Lizard Wizard posted:

an oculus is exactly what i had in mind! what kinda rig are we talking about here? like, mine can run GTA5 pretty well....

i think the minimum i heard people throw around when the headsets were coming out was a gtx 970, but i think vr is worth holding off on if you want to get in on it with a good experience without building a top end pc.

posting smiling
i just saw the uncharted collection was on sale for $8 and then discovered i had $11 in my psn wallet, so things are looking preeeeetty good for me.

posting smiling
uncharted 1 was not that good, but had some fun parts and the remastered version looks pretty nice. that's my review. i'm going to play uncharted 2 now. get ready for that review soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i still play dragon age: origins sometimes

the second one was loving trash, though

played through it once and deleted it

----------------