Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Can confirm SOC GaoGaiGar is incredible.

Yeah that's next on my list. I'll try to pick it up before the end of the year.

EthanSteele posted:

Nice! I managed to preorder Soul of Chogokin Mazinkaiser the other day and the Megazord is this month too. If you can get GaoGaiGar its actually incredible. Gunbuster is really good too! Voltes and Combattler are very similar but also very good. The retune of Daitarn 3 is excellent as well! I think they're all good, but they're the only ones I have experience with. Godmars would be great if the legs compressed a little because they're just everso slightly too long because of the robots not compressing at the waist I think.

... there's a SOC mazinkaiser coming out? poo poo I should probably finish my resin kit first, but that is tempting.

If they make a SOC shin getter, I'm screwed since I'll HAVE to get that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

... there's a SOC mazinkaiser coming out? poo poo I should probably finish my resin kit first, but that is tempting.

If they make a SOC shin getter, I'm screwed since I'll HAVE to get that one.

https://hlj.com/product/BANN15834

As for Shin Getter, Sentinel has you covered if you are impatient:

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Schneider Heim posted:

The same could be said for most transforming Gundams imo

Counterpoint: the Turn X

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

asterioth posted:

Counterpoint: the Turn X

The Turn X doesn't transform though?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Droyer posted:

The Turn X doesn't transform though?

The all range attack form, it seperates into like 8 seperate pieces. Thats pretty drat close to a transform.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

asterioth posted:

The all range attack form, it seperates into like 8 seperate pieces. Thats pretty drat close to a transform.

That is NOT a transformation.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Darth Walrus posted:

The Flauros does this with an impressive lack of kibble for how wild its design is.
Outside of the animal beak it looks rad as hell yeah.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Hey guys, I built an Exia. I know he's not supposed to have that other arm, but I had to give it to him because I need him sitting like this on my shelf for the rest of time.

I've got an MG Tallgeese and some panel lining pens coming next week so I can actually make my robots look nice, pretty excited!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zedd posted:

Outside of the animal beak it looks rad as hell yeah.

Even that is impressively practical - it's a backpack thruster in MS mode, and an armoured cowl for the now-useless head in MA mode.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It turns out you can use the Flauros backpack to turn other Gundams into Dog Gundams

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Alright. Finally pulled the trigger on a PG Strike. Let's fuckin do it.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Local hobby shop has a
Kshatriya in stock... I hope it's still there on my birthday.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Bandai's doing a web exclusive 6-pack of Pluma support units from Iron-Blooded Orphans. http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000114046/

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Darth Walrus posted:

Even that is impressively practical - it's a backpack thruster in MS mode, and an armoured cowl for the now-useless head in MA mode.

IBO got a ton of things right in it's mechanical design. even the transforming gundam works really well.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

I don't know WTH happened, but I went to find some plastruct glue to fix my first gunpla on Neurolimal's advice (works great), and then

:ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

40Inch posted:

I don't know WTH happened, but I went to find some plastruct glue to fix my first gunpla on Neurolimal's advice (works great), and then

:ohdear:

Ayup, looks like you've gone and caught Gunplus disease. No cure, I'm afraid, you're just gonna have to live with an ever-growing gunpla collection in your home.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How good is the Revive Mark II? I've got the AEUG colored RG version, but I'd like to compare it with the Revive version in Titan Colors.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Arcsquad12 posted:

How good is the Revive Mark II? I've got the AEUG colored RG version, but I'd like to compare it with the Revive version in Titan Colors.

It's got a semi-internal frame going on- obviously nowhere near as detailed as the RG version but also a bit more durable, and it's got pretty good articulation for a High Grade. It's obviously not going to look nearly as good as the RG does without any painting, and even then the RG has a lot more greebles. Proportions wise... who knows? I don't think there have ever been canon dimensions for any mobile suit.

It's great for a high-grade, especially for the price, but the RG will blow it out of the water as far as looks go. Granted, the HG is better for swooshing and making pew-pew noises ⁽ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵗᵉᶫᶫ ᵐᵉ ᴵ'ᵐ ᶰᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᶰᶫʸ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒᶰ ʷʰᵒ ᵈᵒᵉˢ ᵗʰᶦˢ⁾ since it doesn't suffer from exploding knees syndrome.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Diabetes Forecast posted:

IBO got a ton of things right in it's mechanical design. even the transforming gundam works really well.

I really do love the way the giant robots look like giant robots rather than dudes in costume. That's been my major gripe with a few Gundam designs, like the Geara Zulu from Unicorn.

It's also why I'm really disappointed that Aldnoah Zero didn't get more model support, even if I understand the reasons. I'd love to have, say, the Nilokeras looming over my shelf.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

Is Testors Dullcote safe on models? It's all I have available locally.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Yep! There's some talk of it making Gundam Markers run but that hasn't happened to me and I've used it on multiple models.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

It'll only mess up markers if you put on too much at once (but that's true of pretty much all spray paints)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

40Inch posted:

Is Testors Dullcote safe on models? It's all I have available locally.

Be careful as it can melt acrylic paint.

Weirdly I havent had the same problems with mr. color. Maybe' it's the formula they use?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the Gunpla Evolution Project taking over the Revive line?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

My Supernova Altron Gundam arrived, somehow beating the Dragon Momoko Deathscythe Hell that shipped a week earlier. The Engrish is strong on the box, but the quality of the parts looks pretty legit. Also, unexpected pack of Waterslides inside.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is the Gunpla Evolution Project taking over the Revive line?

The Revive line was just branding for new kits of MS that needed updates. The GUNPLA EVOLUTION PROJECT is a scheme to test new advances in Gunpla technology with the goal of making big improvements in the whole Gunpla line by 2020. Kits in the EVOLUTION PROJECT have EVOLVE POINTS. The new Zeta HG's EVOLVE POINT is significantly improved articulation in a transforming MS. If it actually works, that articulation will be used in future transforming kits.

So, say they release a new HG Gelgoog. If it's just a new kit designed to modern HG standards, it'd be part of the Revive line. If it has some cool new feature that other HG kits don't have, it'll be part of the GUNPLA EVOLUTION PROJECT.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

I just hope it's not more GLOSS INJECTION TECHNOLOGY-level marketing wank.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

EVGA Longoria posted:

My Supernova Altron Gundam arrived, somehow beating the Dragon Momoko Deathscythe Hell that shipped a week earlier. The Engrish is strong on the box, but the quality of the parts looks pretty legit. Also, unexpected pack of Waterslides inside.

If you got it from SD, he usually throws in a free custom set with third party stuff if it doesn't include one already. Or even if it does, but the one it includes has pseudonyms or an original name or something, so he'll throw in a source material accurate one to go along with it.

Speaking of...

OH poo poo IT'S THOSE GODDAMN THRUSTERS AGAIN THE NIGHTMARES ARE COMING BACK.

(And yeah, I know it's G-System and 1/60 instead of 1/72, but mechanicore bases their stuff off of G-System with quality of life changes and plastic instead of resin.)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
That thing is beefy as hell :stonklol:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The Revive branding was retired some time ago, apparently. Nothing I have after the Mk.II has any mention of it anywhere on the packaging.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

They finally did it. They revived all of the robots.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bimmi posted:

The Revive branding was retired some time ago, apparently. Nothing I have after the Mk.II has any mention of it anywhere on the packaging.

The Gouf, Gyan, and Hyaku Shiki don't have the "35th anniversary Revive" thing on their boxes, but a lot of websites still list them as Revive. I think the box symbol went away because it's not the 35th anniversary anymore, not because Revive is over

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The remakes will continue but the Revive branding is confirmed dead and buried.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
WIP on my Super Nova Altron Gundam:

Third parties are knocking it out of the park so far. I really hope Super Nova makes the other four suits, just so I can have the EW Five with the same aesthetic.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I dunno... maybe it's just the photo, but that molding quality looks not-so-good.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

TaurusOxford posted:

WIP on my Super Nova Altron Gundam:

Third parties are knocking it out of the park so far. I really hope Super Nova makes the other four suits, just so I can have the EW Five with the same aesthetic.

How's the feel of the plastic compared to Bandai? I had real unhappiness with the third party Moebius Zero. That plastic was way too soft and flexible.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MJP posted:

How's the feel of the plastic compared to Bandai? I had real unhappiness with the third party Moebius Zero. That plastic was way too soft and flexible.

It's pretty close to Dragon Momoko quality plastic, which is basically as good as third-party Gunpla plastic gets. Has more of a matte finish as well.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I was really interested in the Super Nova Altron, and was gonna pick it up next free paycheck I had.

Keyword 'was'.

That is some unacceptable poo poo for something ostensibly meant to be an MG.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
That's... fairly disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I was really interested in the Super Nova Altron, and was gonna pick it up next free paycheck I had.

Keyword 'was'.

That is some unacceptable poo poo for something ostensibly meant to be an MG.
:ughh:

I guess if you're going to paint who cares, but that's an unfortunate corner cut.