Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

cumshitter posted:

i like the diss bill clinton laid on bush sr in histweet

he talked about footwear with a dude confined to a wheelchair as if the guy who has a nurse put his shoes on for him before sitting him in a rascal rider can even make decisions about what socks hes gonna wear

bill is a pimp

i mean that in every sense of the word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there's another bush working for the texas land commission and hes apparently corrupt as poo poo so expect him to be president some day

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

there's another bush working for the texas land commission and hes apparently corrupt as poo poo so expect him to be president some day

Neil Bush was one of the Savings-and-Loan guys; I'm surprised he wasn't President already.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

prefect posted:

Neil Bush was one of the Savings-and-Loan guys; I'm surprised he wasn't President already.

so was mccain and they couldn't get him elected

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

anime was right posted:

i forgot gerald ford died after reagan

i also consistently forget the existence of gerald ford

If you ever want to see something funny, check out his presidential library someday. It's basically empty as gently caress because nobody cares about a guy who was appointed president for two years before losing big. I think the only thing it's been used for is for a public conversation with John Dingell after Trump's win in 2016.

But if you ever want a good place to park....

prefect posted:

He was the CIA boss and in charge of some pretty nasty poo poo in Central America, but yeah, he's much less terrible than his failsons. Plus, he actually got good grades in school, was a very good athlete, and fought in an actual war.

He'll go down in history as one of the last Republican presidents nobody actively hates as much as Dubya and Trump. And that says it all, really.

cumshitter posted:

"and socks"

mr. president clinton i demand to know if you were talking about foot mittens or your dead cat. this is important tome

At this point HW thinks Socks is still alive and that Clinton is his favorite son, as Jeb slinks away and Dubya goes back to his painting with a liberal dose of red.

That was one of the things that probably got Clinton into office in 1992 to be honest. Dan Quayle picks a fight with a goddamn CBS show and loses, and then Clinton walks into office for eight years. The '90s were interesting times.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

or when quayle picked a fight with murphy brown

And lost.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

[Timg]http://i.imgur.com/lOnJ08z.jpg

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Indeed. I can't remember if the show actually did the baby bit because its ratings were failing, but that whole stunt made it so the show lasted a whole loving ten seasons before it was put down. And today, over twenty years later, it's pretty much a forgotten show. Of course, it doesn't help that network TV isn't the force it was back in the '90s and the whole paradigm has changed so that reruns aren't everywhere like they used to be. A bit of TV knowledge has faded with the death of reruns.

yaleforks
Dec 2, 2007

Rye whiskey I'm so drunk.
I yearn for eternal nuclear flame

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

yaleforks posted:

I yearn for eternal nuclear flame

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lastgirl posted:

im reading his lips

and its like he's saying "uhhhhh" for a very long time

somebody asked him if w or obama was a better president

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Confirming, all SA mods are Jews.

you are a star :aaaaa:

edit: ah gently caress I'm in Green Greens,

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I JUST REALIZED

JONTRON

DONALD TRUMP

DONTRON

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a.lo posted:

I JUST REALIZED

JONTRON

DONALD TRUMP

DONTRON

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

nucuckular flame

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
https://twitter.com/US_Stratcom/status/849690534172123136

:lol:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

can baloogan give FAU a sixer?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yes

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

To be an olympic athlete, run like a cripple

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Indeed. I can't remember if the show actually did the baby bit because its ratings were failing, but that whole stunt made it so the show lasted a whole loving ten seasons before it was put down. And today, over twenty years later, it's pretty much a forgotten show. Of course, it doesn't help that network TV isn't the force it was back in the '90s and the whole paradigm has changed so that reruns aren't everywhere like they used to be. A bit of TV knowledge has faded with the death of reruns.

it's also a matter of content/context too. i don't see newsroom reruns being a thing 25 years from now. well i don't see civilization being a thing either, but that's not the point.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Men at 94 years old are a complete poo poo wreck of the human form

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I've heard that some of the phone lines involved in communicating hypothetical nuclear orders are so old and corroded if you listen through them you just hear an old man breathing.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Solarin posted:

can baloogan give FAU a sixer?

yes

but he'll get banned in the process

lol zoux

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

cumshitter posted:

the veteran worship has gotten pretty out of hand at sporting events. one time i went the pokemon card final tournament and before they played they had the children of two dead vets meet each other in the center of the room and then they threw the ash urns filled with their dead parents at each other like pokeballs and then the announcer said "...too bad these heroes cant do battle today"

that's dumb as gently caress

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

someone should really talk up antimatter bombs to trump and his lackeys to trick them into technological progress

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I've heard that some of the phone lines involved in communicating hypothetical nuclear orders are so old and corroded if you listen through them you just hear an old man breathing.

sorry

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

VectorSigma posted:

someone should really talk up antimatter bombs to trump and his lackeys to trick them into technological progress

I mean.... remember that entire fiasco a year or two ago where they were using gigantic floppies at Air Force bases? The military tends to stay with dated but reliable technology because "LOL it had a bug that wasn't ironed out" just doesn't work, but a lot of poo poo out there is very out of date.

This isn't the Pentagon pulling a fast one. poo poo does need to be upgraded, but part of the is the fault of the of programs like the F-35 eating all the money.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dolash posted:

Well of course, there's nothing inconsistent about only appreciating former POWs one day a year then telling them to get hosed at all other times.

Are there actually a lot of former POWs in the U.S.? I suppose some from Vietnam are probably still kicking around but Iraq and Afghanistan didn't seem to have many. Bergdhal's the only one I can think of and his capture was seen as Basically Treason because he cracked under stress instead of getting heroically brought down on a mountain of enemies he personally killed.

not really no

the whole pow-mia thing is a crock and almost all the people they pretend are still shackled in tiger cages were killed but the bodies never recovered

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i mean nukes are like soooo last millenium. let's make america great again with relativistic kinetic kill vehicles, orbital particle beams, and uv plasma channel lightning guns

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Office Pig posted:

meanwhile, in Israel

So the "scheming jew" characture isn't a jew at all, just something everyone uses to portray an ethnicity they want to exterminate. G2k

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

so begins the hyperoperationalization of chilis

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Muppets On PCP posted:

not really no

the whole pow-mia thing is a crock and almost all the people they pretend are still shackled in tiger cages were killed but the bodies never recovered

if you're some extremist or revolutionary or terrorist or something

are you gonna pay to keep some shithead american alive for 20 years?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

So the "scheming jew" characture isn't a jew at all, just something everyone uses to portray an ethnicity they want to exterminate. G2k

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cumshitter posted:

i like the diss bill clinton laid on bush sr in histweet

he talked about footwear with a dude confined to a wheelchair as if the guy who has a nurse put his shoes on for him before sitting him in a rascal rider can even make decisions about what socks hes gonna wear

It's not a diss. Bush's thing has been wacky socks for a long time now

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

God drat 2D Mario games are getting dark

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

a.lo posted:

I JUST REALIZED

JONTRON

DONALD TRUMP

DONTRON

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

new mario sunshine looks hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rex-Goliath posted:

It's not a diss. Bush's thing has been wacky socks for a long time now
i dont think theeres a way to talk about someones fascination with wacky socks without it being a diss

• Locked thread