Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It can't be healthy to get knocked out so many times in less than a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
She's used to it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Samurai Jack - "Many people pay for this"

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This episode was beautiful. Loved the dialogue between Jack and his imaginary companions, and also Ashi's confused look as she sees Jack talking to himself.

Also the moment where Ashi sees Jack with the ladybug was great as well. She was totally ready to see that ladybug get squished. The fact that Jack didn't was a real mindfuck to her.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
This is the first time I've ever wanted to watch a blacklight version of a show, those pinks and greens just pop.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gumbercules posted:

Well, got double pranked when my DVR didn't record jack. Why even pay for cable?

:(:hf::(

The April Fool's thing last week must have screwed with the DVR listing, I didn't even think to check.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Crazy Jack getting sassed by the spore

I would love an episode with Jack and the spore, a tiny floating happy emoji, constantly cheerfully berating all his actions :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you missed the episode, here it is.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

My favorite moment was probably Jack noting she was a disturbed individual. A few minutes before talking to his brain ghosts.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I would watch an entire series of 'Samurai Jack and the Angry Backpack'.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

evilmiera posted:

My favorite moment was probably Jack noting she was a disturbed individual. A few minutes before talking to his brain ghosts.

One of the best parts of the many wonderful parts of this episode was the fact that even Jack's hallucinations are getting annoyed by him.

"You're going to save her, aren't you. :catstare:" from his past self was pretty good.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm also finding it hilarious that his figments of his imagination noticed Ashi was missing before he did.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I don't think I've ever seen an antagonist develop stockholm syndrome for a protagonist before.

It probably would have been better if the ladybug flashback was part of the training montage during the first episode instead though, would have made a good callback.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pavlov posted:

I don't think I've ever seen an antagonist develop stockholm syndrome for a protagonist before.

That's not stockholm syndrome, it's just regular old empathy.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder how many episodes it will be until Jack finds some new pants.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how many episodes it will be until Jack finds some new pants.

how many do we have before the end of series

because it's that plus one

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gotta get back

back in some pants

samurai jack

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Pavlov posted:

It probably would have been better if the ladybug flashback was part of the training montage during the first episode instead though, would have made a good callback.

Yeah, given the amount of up-front sequential plotting going on in this season, this is a pretty glaring mistake.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

It would've been a perfectly addition/replacement for that flashback scene in episode 1 where Ashi goes to the window

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Jack is just completely resigned to being batshit insane.

edit:

mycot fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 9, 2017

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

mycot posted:

Jack is just completely resigned to being batshit insane.

I think any sort of immortality will do that to you.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I would watch an entire series of 'Samurai Jack and the Angry Backpack'.

This Banjo-Kazooie reboot is weird as gently caress.

Someone get Phil Lamarr and Tara Strong to say the "Gu-huh" and "Breee."

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 9, 2017

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

nerdman42 posted:

It would've been a perfectly addition/replacement for that flashback scene in episode 1 where Ashi goes to the window

At first, when she was creeping up on him, I thought that was what we were going to flash back to. The ladybug scene and Ashi suddenly seeing the challenge to her worldview works and is generally the right idea, but yeah execution was a little spotty and missed an opportunity to connect directly to an earlier episode. I also thought having the Mother's voice echo that "no place in Aku's order!" line while Ashi looked at Jack was a bit excessive considering we heard her say it like 20 seconds ago.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

As funny as it was, the dialogue was a little weird in this one at times. I never thought Jack would care about back fur.

Still, minor complaint more than anything in comparison to how good the show is generally.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

nerdman42 posted:

As funny as it was, the dialogue was a little weird in this one at times. I never thought Jack would care about back fur.

Still, minor complaint more than anything in comparison to how good the show is generally.

50 years can change a man. He really isnt the same Jack from the end of S4.

"Finally some unavoidable socialization that I cannot run away from."

"poo poo I forgot how to act normal"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'll admit, I'm a bit split on whether Ashi literally breaking free of her chains as they cleared the threshold was a nice little detail, or kind of a heavy-handed way to signal that she's finally going to start growing up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I do love that Aku is going insane as well. He's also talking to himself and feeling existential dread.

A part of me thinks this series is going to end of a pretty dark note now.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

"Behold all the fucks I give, Ashi. Gaze upon their majesty."

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Something implied when Jack's hallucinations told him " you know how to get out", is that he's been swallowed by the same creature before. Dude's probably done this plenty of times and is like "alright just gotta do it now with some extra weight no probs"

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Have you not watch previous seasons?

He went inside a dragon.

edit: On a second thought, to be fair to you that was like 13 years ago.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 10, 2017

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Covok posted:

I do love that Aku is going insane as well. He's also talking to himself and feeling existential dread.

I think you mean malaise.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

nerdman42 posted:

You remember the armor he started the season in, right? If he didn't have one before, Jack has definitely developed a sense of fashion.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

He went inside a dragon.

Yeah, Jack's been in all sorts of weird places. Bottom of the ocean, middle of space, wherever. He always makes it out.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

Shindragon posted:

He went inside a dragon.

I meant this particular species of creature, so he'll be like taking a right turn at the third rectum because he's done it before. I did forget about the dragon though (which episode was it gonna go watch it)

edit: thanks!

The Biggest Jerk fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 10, 2017

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Episode 21.

Also aptly named

"Jack and the Farting Dragon"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shindragon posted:

Episode 21.

Also aptly named

"Jack and the Farting Dragon"

I decided to look this up to see if that was really the title.

So, one, yes it is.

And, two, the wiki I found for it, well:

quote:

The Dragon having a baby inside it would mean the Dragon is female with a very deep voice, or it is a male and reproduced its baby asexually. In the case of the latter, this is among the few instances where male-pregnancy is portrayed in a children's cartoon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Also, this is old, but I find it rather amusing:

It's titled: Jack's new design.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This is begging for a CSPAM Makes U Think finger but I just can't be bothered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Covok posted:

I decided to look this up to see if that was really the title.

So, one, yes it is.

And, two, the wiki I found for it, well:

It discards out of hand the concept of a seahorse dragon or Darwin's frog dragon, both of which are way more interesting possibilities

• Locked thread