Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That has to be the most pathetic slapfight I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

kirbysuperstar posted:

You sound like you don't look good in horizontal stripes and are too stupid to even write your name on your tops.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bogan King posted:

You sound like you don't look good in horizontal stripes and are too stupid to even write your name on your tops.

Please stop owning me so hard, please I have a family

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

kirbysuperstar posted:

Another triggered snowflake.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I have about thirty tops without my name printed on them is that one small self own per top or one massive self own for the lot?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

I have about thirty tops without my name printed on them is that one small self own per top or one massive self own for the lot?

You can solve this immediately with a permanent marker - draw on horizontal stripes and also write your own name, or just "Daisy" if you want to be super double punk and write someone else's name instead.

Do this to all your tops.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Do I write daisy over my name on the ten already self branded tops?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I did the opposite and changed my name to Tap Out, but the effect is the same

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

JBP posted:

Do I write daisy over my name on the ten already self branded tops?

No, in those cases instead place the word beautiful before your own name.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
a woman attacking another woman's looks, progressive

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

starkebn posted:

Just so long as they aren't wearing the same color jackets.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

starkebn posted:

that's why it's punk

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
that is the most punk thing since wearing docs

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Recoome posted:

that is the most punk thing since wearing docs

"There are my expensive custom handmade to order docs I imported from Europe. I tossed them around in a bag filled with gravel for half an hour to give them that authentic worn look."

*adjusts swiss watch*

*orders another artisanal flat white*

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
although i actually bought my docs in berlin hahaha

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MiniSune posted:

For a whole election I can see the point.

For three by-elections you'd think accuracy was more important than expediency.

Antony Green posted:

9/04/2017 9:42:18 AM - An update to the count. The NSWEC will move directly to its check count procedures, which means data entering ballot papers without conducting a fresh indicative preference count. The only updates to this site in the next few days will be updates of fresh first preference counts, especially with the addition of postal votes.

Details of the preference distribution will not be available for North Sydney and Manly until after the data entry is complete, and the final version for Gosford will also have to await the completion of data entry.

23:08 - That's all the counting complete for tonight. Final figures including counting centre results for all electorates have been published. The Commission has removed the Liberal versus Green counts for Manly and North Shore. I've heard nothing on whether the Commission will do any alternative indicative preference counting.

The NSWEC had a few problems synchronising the distribution of preferences at the Orange by-election. As a result it has decided to revert the count at these by-elections to the procedures used at the 2015 state election with ballot papers being data entered. Under these procedures the Commission would not re-do the indicative preference count but instead move straight to data entry. The problem with doing this is that there would be no further or alternative prefernce count available until after the data entry is complete.

If there is concern the North Shore result is not clear, the Commission may announce a change to their intended post-election day counting schedule.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Cartoon posted:

Rather than the children's lawyer and one Mum insisting it wasn't a terror event.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-09/queanbeyan-stabbing-accused-teens-denied-bail/8428978

So when Dutton is in PNG does he become a yam?

In all likelihood it was a drug rampage that took isnpiration from whatever poo poo they saw on the internet, in this case ISIS (the mother is also quoted as saying her son ranted at her that he was going to kill a nonbeliever).

In an obvious turn, the man they murdered was in fact a devout Muslim from Pakistan so good work there fuckheads.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/PatsKarvelas/status/851039387722760192

:toot:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Well, yes, if you don't rub his nose in it how will he know he's done a bad deal

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Lid posted:

In all likelihood it was a drug rampage that took isnpiration from whatever poo poo they saw on the internet, in this case ISIS (the mother is also quoted as saying her son ranted at her that he was going to kill a nonbeliever).

In an obvious turn, the man they murdered was in fact a devout Muslim from Pakistan so good work there fuckheads.
Baddies verses baddies.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ombudsman's report into robo-debt, not very helpful. In fact it looks quite soft, basically blaming everything on bad planning and making excuses for the department like "there was always a law that allowed an involuntary 10% recovery fee".

CPSU survey of DHS staff leaves no doubt what they think: a crock of poo poo. No training, no communication, pressure from the government.

quote:

It found 70 per cent thought the department's response once problems emerged with automated debt recovery was inadequate, while 43 per cent believed it was negligent and 36 per cent said it was dishonest.

But the DHS says it is listening to feedback and refining the debt program, and that the agency is adequately staffed and trained.

The CPSU said 55 per cent of members at the agency believed government pressure forced the system's roll out despite concerns raised, and three-quarters thought staff cuts had affected the program.

More than two-thirds had concerns before the program started, and nearly three in ten said they did not know anything about it as it began.

Nine in ten said they did not receive training for the online compliance initiative (OCI) before and after it came to public attention.

:toot:

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

quote:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/f6-planners-told-to-ignore-public-transport-build-roads-documents-show-20170407-gvgbon.html
The NSW government has been instructing transport officials to ignore public transport alternatives to motorway projects, according to explosive internal documents obtained by Fairfax Media.

The revelation emerges in a memo prepared within Transport for NSW into potential rail improvements between Sydney and Wollongong – a project that could compete for funds with the proposed F6 motorway from the WestConnex interchange at St Peters to Waterfall.

But the document also suggests that the government has excised the development of public transport alternatives to other major toll-road projects. These include the Western Harbour Tunnel project, which is to be an extension of WestConnex, and the Beaches Link tunnel that is to extend that road to the northern beaches.

The memo prepared within Transport for NSW says a new rail tunnel and freight line could cut the time taken for commuters to travel from Wollongong to Central from 90 minutes to about 60 minutes for as much as $10 billion less than the cost of the toll road.

Dated September 26, 2016 and headed "Failure in Critical Options Analysis", the memo released to the Herald under the Government Information (Public Access) Act says the decision not to benchmark the cost of the toll road against the cost of rail solutions "represents a serious and significant shortcoming of the F6 Extension Business Case".

"In the case of the F6 extension, a diverse range of design and location options were considered, but only in the context of a tolled and untolled road-based solution," the memo says.

"The existence of a cabinet direction not to consider other options must not preclude the consideration of public transport."

The document also cites similar directives for studies of the proposed Western Harbour Tunnel and Beaches Link, saying they "also did not incorporate public transport-based options".

The WestConnex business case released in 2015 shows these roads are expected to increase traffic on the $16.8 billion WestConnex project.

The document obtained by the Herald says an earlier Transport for NSW business case for rail improvements on the Illawarra line found that the construction of a separate Maldon to Dombarton freight line would enable coal trains to be taken off the Illawarra line, greatly increasing capacity of the Illawarra line for passenger journeys. Combined with the construction of a tunnel at Thirroul and extra rolling stock, the extra line would reduce the Wollongong to Central passenger journey from 90 minutes to about one hour.

"An option along the lines highlighted would reduce road congestion," it says. "The reduction in travel times of the magnitude considered would also have considerable wider economic benefits for the residents of Wollongong and surrounding districts."

The cost estimates for each option are excised from the document released, but it says the difference between the two is of "a magnitude that cannot be ignored".

The difference is "sufficient to construct the equivalent of almost three Snowy Mountains Hydro Schemes".

Academics and transport economists contacted by Fairfax Media said it would be difficult to calculate the cost of constructing the Snowy Mountains Scheme in today's dollars.

However one consultant said an estimate circulating with the NSW government was around $5 billion. That would mean that the difference between the cost of the Maldon to Dombarton rail option and the proposed F6 toll road amounted to more than $10 billion. Given the relatively low cost of the rail option, it could mean the F6 extension cost multiples of the rail alternative.

$10 billion is seven times the annual Health Ministry's capital works budget. It is 16 times the Education Ministry's capital works budget for 2016-17.

The 2016 budget set aside $11.6 million for geotechnical and traffic studies of the F6 route.

The memo says the cabinet directive not to consider rail as an alternative is inconsistent with government principles and guidelines and "represents a fundamental shortfall in Transport for NSW meeting its responsibilities in achieving value for the state's taxpayers".

"It would be extraordinarily foolhardy to consider that academic transport economists, transport practitioners and a range of stakeholders will not raise these issues," it warns. "There is considerable political and reputational risks associated with not considering options to the F6 extension."

The Herald has also asked Transport for NSW for estimates of the number and value of properties that will be purchased to allow the construction of the F6 tollway, the Western Harbour Tunnel and Northern Beaches Link and details of the location of the proposed ventilation shafts for the extraction of fumes.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Clarke - of Clarke and Dawe - is dead.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

gently caress.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Well poo poo.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
poo poo

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ugh gently caress this day.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
drat, one of the greats