Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cleared 11.23gb, niceeee

(I've never cleared the cache because I have a 128gb and space is no object :smug:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The text about logging out clearing the cache seems a bit redundant now that there is a button to do it.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Like the others said ty so much :slick::woop:.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Clear Cache button is the best button. :3:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
feature request: haptics all over the app - esp a nice "chunk" kick from the haptic engine when i pull for the next page of posts

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yo can we get the yospos no auto-caps on cspam as well? Thanks love your product

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yo can we get the yospos no auto-caps on cspam as well? Thanks love your product

Done, it'll go out in the next version.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Awesome, thanks!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Snuffman posted:

Clear Cache button is the best button. :3:

While this is true, the fact that it also is basically useless now is awesome. Cleared 4.7 GB the first time, and now even after a day of catching up on the webcomics thread it only cleared out 50MB. Awesome update. :3:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Twice today I have replied to a thread only to be dumped back at the top of the page like I'd edited a post and my post has disappeared into thin air :confused:

I'm on the latest released version.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Bug report: F2P thread tag now same size as other thread tags

Latest version of Awful, iOS9.3.5

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What's up with these enormous black boxes over text?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I read the OP and didn't see this there. I was probated for a day and the error I got when trying to post on the app seemed more like a connection error than anything. I had to check if my cell data for the awful app was on, then I considered restarting my phone. I actually didn't figure out that I was probated until I noticed on my computer.

You probably don't need to design new things to serve probated jerks, so do with this feedback what you will.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Designing for probed users is hard because one of us would have to eat a probe every time we needed to check on something. Could put it on the list in case it does happen though. :)

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515357&perpage=40&pagenumber=1713

On page 1713 of the above thread, myself and several other posters noticed it was causing the awful app to crash. Any idea why?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

sex swing from IKEA posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515357&perpage=40&pagenumber=1713

On page 1713 of the above thread, myself and several other posters noticed it was causing the awful app to crash. Any idea why?

I think it's the gigantic images that Serious Gaylord posted. It didn't crash for me, but even on the desktop, scrolling gets really stuttery for me around that post.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

It's crashing because someone inlined multiple 70(!!!)-megapixel images and you're running out of memory. What device? My iPhone 7 plus doesn't crash but it sure does chug.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

carry on then posted:

It's crashing because someone inlined multiple 10-megapixel images and you're running out of memory. What device? My iPhone 7 plus doesn't crash but it sure does chug.

iPhone 6s.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Tell serious gaylord no one needs the full size image for a simple vector illustration imo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My computer didnt even like it and it has plenty of power

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This is a fairly minor thing that's been going on for a while- when I'm scrolling down through the list of threads in a forum and i get to the point where it has to load more the list will jump up when the additional threads are loaded. Then I have to scroll up a little to see what I missed before scrolling down the list again.

Hope that made sense.

I'm on an updated 6 plus with the latest test flight version.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Here's a weird one I've never seen before. The bottom of the screen even stays like that as I navigate around.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Happened to me in Narwhal earlier. Was going to file a bug report to them.

Are you on the 10.3.2 beta too? Could be that

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I had it happen on 10.3.1 in TweetBot

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Apple is doomed

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

If I tap on an arrow to view sub-forums under any forum, the app crashes.

Awful 3.22
iOS 10.3.1 on iPad

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cheap Trick posted:

If I tap on an arrow to view sub-forums under any forum, the app crashes.

Awful 3.22
iOS 10.3.1 on iPad

Having same issue on an iPhone 7

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

I'll look tonight.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

What's up with these enormous black boxes over text?

I've just started seeing this today, except they're light grey because I'm not using the dark theme. Makes the app pretty much unusable unfortunately.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I was getting those too. Then the app crashed. Now they're gone.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

It's probably not the same but a while ago we had similar issues with black boxes on Awful.apk and I think it turned out that's what the Android webview does when it runs low on memory.

In fact I thought Vintersorg was posting in the wrong app thread :v:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Twice today I have replied to a thread only to be dumped back at the top of the page like I'd edited a post and my post has disappeared into thin air :confused:

I'm on the latest released version.

This is still happening to me, by the way. iPhone 6+.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Unfortunately I can't reproduce either the sub forum crash or the black boxes. Let's try for the disappearing post.

e: no dice yet

what is going on

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i'm on an iphone 7 and haven't seen any of the recent bugs reported either. i believe i'm on the latest beta, but the settings page says 3.22 and it doesn't show up in testflight for me any more, but the icon does have the red circle next to it which i think is from beta builds.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Might not help much but I can't get this thing to crash by doing that. Latest Awful, latest iOS, iPhone SE.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I get the black boxes occasionally but I haven't noticed any consistency to when they pop up other than I've been using the app fairly long before it happens I think.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

carry on then posted:

Unfortunately I can't reproduce either the sub forum crash or the black boxes. Let's try for the disappearing post.

R.e. The sub forum crash: I noticed that I have a bunch of other forums at the bottom of the list that I can't go into, like the mod forum and Apps In Development States, dunno if that's a red herring

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

carry on then posted:

Designing for probed users is hard because one of us would have to eat a probe every time we needed to check on something. Could put it on the list in case it does happen though. :)

Can't you just make a sock account and politely ask Lowtax or ZDR or FAU or somebody to just hit it with a 100,000 hour probation for testing purposes? Only thing it would require admins to do is probate a single account to be shared that can't post anyway

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nice new thread tags 😍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Hell I can make an account and just have it be probated

The dream~

• Locked thread