Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Let Kiragi keep his tank, and get boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

This is a huge deployment group, which only leaves out Kaze and Felicia (Also Yukimura, but I saw that coming a mile away).

Oh, Arthur. I don't need saving! And, Effie...save your energy!
Oh, Arthur and Effie... Those are your retainers, aren't they?
Yep! They're the best!
They seem to think you're kidnapping me... Whoops! This is all my fault for sneaking out and running around with you. If you can get me over to them, I'm sure we can smooth this over.
OK, I'll give it a shot. But remember...this is still a battlefield. Stay close!

I am incredibly disappointed Elise isn't a temp unit you can control for this mission. You can even designate her as a "Oh noes, I've been too injured to continue!" clause.

I cannot get over how he literally goes into the tank and comes out of it for every single battle.

Soooo this map's gimmick is the single biggest reason why this mission is hard despite me being way overleveled. Camilla has unlimited use of Dragon Veins that deal 10 non-lethal damage flat to all enemies in a certain section. The only safe areas are the small in-between corridors.

This is the only time where having nine healers is incredibly useful. And Mitama is basically immune to this poo poo because she's the only one with Renewal.

Some clearing of garbage so the rest of the team can squeeze through this and reach Camilla.

What makes this the most interesting map in like forever is that enemies are coming from all angles, and reinforcements arrive each turn after a certain point. I have to balance out my attack forces while covering my tracks and die from Camilla's constant fireballs.

Also, HOLY poo poo I can use Sting Shurikens again!

Oboro counter kills for a bad HP/DEF only level.

Mozu bringing back the Beast Killer in style

And a free Moon Festal afterwards.

Hinoka finally hits 30 HP after the longest tease.

I just realized the tank is just a giant crossbow...but it still shoots cannon balls??

Hey Arthur, what up

I was so disappointed in myself when I heard you were missing.
Oh, Arthur. I just came down to get away from the castle for a while. And just to be perfectly clear—Corrin is not kidnapping me!
Oh. So there'll be no valiant rescue for me to perform today, I suppose...
Heehee! No, sorry about that, Arthur. I'm perfectly safe with Corrin.
I'm trying to help him gain an audience with Father, that's all.
Very well. I'll retreat the way I came. And I'll let Effie know as well.
However, there's nothing I can do to stop Lady Camilla at this point. I hope you understand, milady.
*sigh* I know. My big sister can be so stubborn sometimes...
Anyway, when this is all over, I'd like it if you came to my quarters for tea.
Erm...you mean it's not over...now?
There's one last thing I gotta help Corrin with! It's all up to me! Don't worry about me. I'll be perfectly safe with Corrin. And afterward we can celebrate a new era of peace with some tea! Heehee!
Nothing would please me more, milady. I shall await your triumphant return!
Yup! Thanks, Arthur. I'm lucky to have you as my retainer!
You kind words are much appreciated.

Cool, Arthur and Effie are now guest units under our command. And there's no penalty to losing them, so they're just fancy decoys.

Talking to Effie first does the same thing with similar conversation.

PSkill: Misfortunate-Enemies within a 2 tile radius have their Critical Evade reduced by 15, while the user’s Critical Evade is reduced by 5

Arthur is decent here, as he's got a Brave Sword with Swordfaire. His PSKill means he gets crit more often, but he himself crits more.

PSkill: Puissance-When user’s Strength is 5 or more points higher than the enemy’s Strength, damage +3 during battle

Effie here is far less useful, as she has piddly 23 strength with a defensive skill instead of Lancefaire.

TANKS IN THE SEWERS

About halfway through the map now, but there's quite a a few enemies in the way. Beruka and Selena are paired up, but they're not a threat at this point because of paralogue training.

I can't tell if the flip is making the 71% accuracy or I should admire him getting it that high because of it

Thanks Effie for blocking those Dark Knights!

Very important moment. Getting into Camilla's range will stop her from using the stupid Dragon Veins now.

Then Corrin will return, and Lady Camilla will smile again...

I see. Very convincing.

Welp, Arthur already has more kills than half the team.

That was a super bad level, but you actually seem upset unlike most others so I'll let you pass

How frustrating...

Thanks for the free Talisman

Well, the kid gloves are coming off this time! You're going down!

Not fair!

Life isn't fair. BOOYAH

(See you in Conquest, girl)

Hope you enjoy your baths stinky

Or is it stinky? They haven't actually said it's a sewer and by Nohrian backwards logic, it's freshwater

Good level, and Takumi picks up a Dragonstone+ which...why...does Camilla have that

Why am I questioning lore things in Fates

Dragonstone+-C rank, 25 mt, 75 hit, -10 avoid, Critical Evade +10, cannot make follow up attacks, Skill -5, Speed -4, Defence +9 and Resistance +7; after battle, stats are reduced *2

Basically a way more powerful and defensive stone, with Silver weapon penalties.

Anyways, the rest of the map is now just easy rout clearing and most of the party is way overleveled for that. So here's some custom Convos.

Corrin vs. Beruka

What are you doing? I'm not supposed to kill you. Just get out of my way, and I'll let you live.
Sorry, I can't do that. You'll have to get through me to get to my friends.
But I...I'm not allowed to kill you. This doesn't make sense.
You're exactly right! There's no need for us to fight.
Hmm. I can't disobey an order.
I suppose I'll just have to render you unconscious and then kill your friends.

Corrin vs. Selena

Ugh. You again.
Why do you seem so unhappy to see me?
We're about to fight, dummy!
Lady Camilla told me not to kill you, though, so I guess it's your lucky day.
Heh, so you're going to go easy on me, then?
Argh! Yes, but ONLY because Lady Camilla said so! Geez!
Anyway, I'm not allowed to kill you, but that doesn't mean I can't beat you up!
*sigh*

Corrin vs. Camilla

Oh, I'm so happy you're coming back to us, Corrin!
Camilla...I'm not coming back. I'm trying to end this war! I don't want to fight you, but I can't let you stand in my way.
Awww, I can't stand to see you upset like this. Come over here, and I'll just put you to sleep for a little while. I won't hurt you!
I just need you to stay calm while I kill these fiends...
You leave me no choice...

Oh, right. Arthur killed a second unit. He literally killed more units than most of the crew.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I'd ask why you didn't show off Camilla's stats... But you have Takumi, so her stats mean nothing. Also this whole map is the most interesting Birthright is really going to get design wise.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well yeah, its got Arthur in it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
One thing that Tae didn't mention in his post is that the music for this map, and most of the rest of the game, is called Alight.

And it's really drat good. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eqvM63tUz2Q

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

TheKingofSprings posted:

One thing that Tae didn't mention in his post is that the music for this map, and most of the rest of the game, is called Alight.

And it's really drat good. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eqvM63tUz2Q

Agreed, the improvement in the storm version (the version that plays when you transition to a fight scene) over the regular version is massive. I'd say that the regular version of the conquest equivalent is better than the regular version of Alight, but Alight (Storm) is easily my favorite song in the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

And now it looks like I'm losing my precious Elise, too...
Camilla. You're not losing anyone. Elise is just coming with us to help persuade King Garon and Xander.
Persuade them? Is it...possible?

If you just listened to us for one drat minute, we would've been there by now.

Well, we won't know until we try. We have to change their minds to stop the fighting! I'm just doing whatever I can to bring our family back together again.
It turns out we all want the same thing, Camilla! To be together again!
Oh, Elise...
Listen. When the war is over, I want to establish a peaceful alliance. If Nohr and Hoshido are on cordial terms, we don't have to be estranged.

"I mean, eventually Garon will stop trying to murder me. Right???"

Do you really think peace is possible? I'd love to be a family again...
What is the point of believing otherwise? We will either forge a peaceful future or die trying.
I see.
Well, I suppose it would be wonderful if we could all get along... I think I understand what you're trying to do. I hope you can make it happen.
Thank you, Camilla.

Join our team.

Yes...I can imagine it now. Xander, Leo, Elise, and...the Hoshidan Prince Corrin.
We could all have a picnic! And there would be games, and food, and...
dear...I'm feeling a bit woozy...

*Camilla faints*

Goddamnit. Goddamn you Yukimura for being our last party member.

Her pulse is strong, and she's breathing normally. I think she's fine. But she took quite a beating in that fight, and she must have been exhausted... No matter. We can take care of her. The rest of you are free to go.
Oh? You won't try to stop us?
Yeah! You heard what she said, right? We can't go against Lady Camilla's orders just because she's unconscious!
As much as I'd like to keep fighting...

Whatvever, Beruka! I'm tired—why don't you pick up Camilla and carry her back to her quarters.
Why me?
Did you not hear me? I'm tired! That's why you!
I see.
All right, Corrin. Get out of here before we change our minds! You just gave Lady Camilla hope... Don't go breaking her heart again!
Go ahead, Corrin. Hurry.
Right. Thank you.

This war is coming to an end...I promise!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ah, I see we're treating the plot with the gravity it deserves :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The orangutan arms were more than enough. This elevates it to another level.

Jesus theyre down to his (already really low) kneeees

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't wait until the final map description just says we beat Garon because it assumes so.

I'm beginning to worry that we made a wrong turn somewhere...
Believe it or not, I actually remember this part of the tunnel.
So I think we're getting close.
That's reassuring. Thank you, Azura.
Although...this looks an awful lot like a dead end.
No, look. There are stairs on one side. You just can't see them from this angle. The exit must be at the top.
So. The heart of Nohrian power is just above us. Perhaps a few of us should take a quick look. It might be reckless for all of us to burst into the palace at once...
Good idea. We're with you, Corrin.
Here goes nothing...

Welp, that was a wrong turn. Let's head back.

Yah! Hyah!
This isn't the throne room... Where are we?
It looks like a training facility. These soldiers are being put through their paces.
Well, at least we're in the castle.
Yes. But of all the places the tunnel could have led... We're surrounded by Nohr's most elite soldiers!

Why would the most elite soldiers still be here? I mean, I just assume they should either be at Hoshido's doorsteps or searching out for Corrin.

Gods! Maybe they haven't noticed us yet. We should keep quiet...
Look, someone's coming!

Oh hey, what up Hans

I want to see real blood! Get after it!
Yes, sir!
That's Hans! It seems like Garon must have given him a promotion...
Yes. If I had to guess, he's in charge of this entire group.
I'm not a vengeful person...but he killed Gunter right in front of me. I'd sure like to avenge his death.

He talks about avenging like he's deciding if he wants an ice cream flavor.

Dudes, why were you still standing there

Captain Hans! Some intruders are hiding behind the statue!
Great! Drag 'em out here—we'll use 'em for target practice.
Wait...that's Corrin!

*The enemy surrounds them*

Hello, Hans.
How the hell did you get in here?
I have nothing to say to a coward like you. I'd rather let Noble Yato do the talking.
Bahaha! You'd threaten me in front of my own battalion?
Oh, I'm going to enjoy this. Rip 'em apart, soldiers!
Haaaah!

The enemy attacks and promptly get defeated. Yes, one soldier straight up lost to Azura story-wise.

Hah!
Ugh...no...
Taste my steel!
Hyaaah!
Oof...

Cocky Corrin is back. Been a while.

drat it...
Don't be afraid of this pathetic child, soldiers! He's all talk! Sacrifice yourselves if need be. For King Garon's glory!
But, Captain...
What was that? Please, speak up, and I'll relay your comments to King Garon!
I'm sure he'll be sympathetic to you and your family.
Now SHUT UP and KILL THE INTRUDERS!
Urk!

*Corrin defeats another General*

Clearly the most elite soldiers in all of Nohr, Ryo

*huff* *huff*
Bwahaha! There's the pathetic crying baby I remember. Don't let up, soldiers! We've got him right where we want him.
I'll show you who's pathetic.
Ooh, look who learned to talk like a real soldier!

Nohrian soldier talk is like 1st grade trashtalking, got it

I'm King Garon's newest captain. Let me show you how I got my promotion. HAAAH!

*Hans runs at Corrin*

Corrin, look out!

Why is Corrin being caught off guard. Hans straight up yelled at you what he's gonna do.

Why was Lilith suddenly there

Oh no, Lilith

Lilith! NO! Talk to me, Lilith! ARGHHH!
Stupid bird! I'd have had him...

WHAT IS A BIRD IN NOHR

Never mind. I won't miss again.
I'll have your head off with the next swing—count on it!

Bench 2, top vote is out permanently: http://www.strawpoll.me/12720183

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
This feels like one of those moments where Lilith's stats would matter, but unlike Kaze's dumb sacrifice this can't be avoided.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Oh no Lilith I guess I should care about that

I always skip the cutscenes, and I never remember when Lilith kicks it, so I'm always a little surprised when I head back to the castle and it's like "wait, where's Lilith- oh, right. She's dead."

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
This game's story really needed an editing pass. Or several.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Must... Resist... Urge... to kill... IntSys... writers...

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

I had honest to god forgotten she even existed, was she following the group all this time? Or happened to teleport in at the right moment?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I wish I could say Fates tries to make you care with Lilith dies, but it really doesn't. Corrin gets choked up over the 100% random death of a non-character who said like three things at the beginning of the game and hasn't said anything since. Nevermind that Lilith was one of Corrin's servants who randomly turned into a dragon and nobody thought that was weird either.

it sucks because Lilith is hilariously adorable, but she's among the crappiest plot devices in Fates's writing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hey man, shes a suuuuper spooky ghost now. This is totally serious

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

inthesto posted:

I wish I could say Fates tries to make you care with Lilith dies, but it really doesn't. Corrin gets choked up over the 100% random death of a non-character who said like three things at the beginning of the game and hasn't said anything since. Nevermind that Lilith was one of Corrin's servants who randomly turned into a dragon and nobody thought that was weird either.

it sucks because Lilith is hilariously adorable, but she's among the crappiest plot devices in Fates's writing.
The fact that Lilith has critical/skill activation portraits in the code makes me think that she was somehow going to get back her human form in an earlier draft of the game, but then morphed into the wet fart of a My Castle gimmick for whatever dumb reason this game's developers pulled out of their asses. Like, the change from "potentially playable character" to "unimportant non-story gimmick that we kill off in the plot because shut up" had to have happened late in development for their to still be portraits and workable data to use Lilith in the game. Lilith's death is just another thing in the long, long list of things I want to ask the developers about and find out why they came to these decisions, because so many plot choices are so drat nonsensical and frustrating.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Are there any interviews with these guys?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Despite having beaten both Birthright and Conquest (and working on Revelation to see how deep the rabbit hole goes), I still forgot about Lilith, and the fact that she dies here.

I genuinely thought you'd found a hat I hadn't unlocked somehow and put it on Corrin the first time I saw that gif of Hans killing her off.

Also seriously Corrin you have weapon triangle advantage and he told you what he was going to do how the hell did this happen

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
Oh no the character we haven't interacted with since chapter... 3? 4? :geno:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The memorial of Lilith continues

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

One thing I really like about those 4-koma is how they show that (almost) all the flaws we've been picking out were perfectly visible to the original audience too. That's been nowhere near all of the Lilith comics, and there are like half a dozen mocking the face-rubbing minigame.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shura, Kaze is out. The pre-promote bias continues.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Also, Shura is just kinda bad as a unit. There are others that just do his job better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Lilith's death is just another thing in the long, long list of things I want to ask the developers about and find out why they came to these decisions, because so many plot choices are so drat nonsensical and frustrating.
Because writing a video game is freaking impossible. Pretty much every possible good idea you can have inevitably gets sacrificed for the sake of gameplay, or marketing, or whatever. Fates is just an incredibly egregious example, but even games I think are well-written have more than a few moments of filler, odd pacing, or half-finished ideas.

I don't really envy the writers, and I don't really blame them, either. Blame whatever chucklehead thought the three games gimmick was a good idea and that they also needed to get those three games out in under two years.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Endorph posted:

Because writing a video game is freaking impossible. Pretty much every possible good idea you can have inevitably gets sacrificed for the sake of gameplay, or marketing, or whatever. Fates is just an incredibly egregious example, but even games I think are well-written have more than a few moments of filler, odd pacing, or half-finished ideas.

I don't really envy the writers, and I don't really blame them, either. Blame whatever chucklehead thought the three games gimmick was a good idea and that they also needed to get those three games out in under two years.

This. This so hard. Which is why I love a few certain series (the Trails series, the Persona games, etc.) so much, because they manage to have great stories and stellar writing in the areas they focus on (World building in the former, characters in the latter).

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

I'm not sure I'd go quite so far as impossible, it just means that you have to work a lot of angles from the ground up, like how the skills that make for a good novel don't make for a compelling screenplay. Of course, it's worse because it's a young medium, without the cheat sheet films picked up from the stage, but there's starting to be ground mapped out.

Of course, Fates doesn't get the usual excuses like Uncharted, where there's decent writing, and decent gameplay, and they kind of totally fail to mesh. Fates pretty much entirely disconnects the gameplay and the narrative most of the time, and the story is still garbage even by videogame standards.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sorry, Shura. Failing to gain a level in two missions was apparently too much failure. And Kaze is out because I guess that chapter 15 thing was still stupid.

So there's two ways I can approach this mission. Camp out at the bottom and out-attrition the reinforcements and then slowly chew through the army to get to Hans.

The problem with that is that reinforcements spawn until like turn 21, also that's boring as hell. AGGRO TIME

Amazing, decent damage off of that useless ability!

Actually, despite like all this paralogue training, the enemies are super tough that I can't just plow through them without risk of dying. Fates operates on extreme stats: If you can't negate most of it, you will take most of it. 25 defense is not good enough to handle more than one enemy.

Kagero and Felicia wipe out the generals, but the latter gained a terrible +1 MAG level out of it. Venge Naginata is gotten.

This is true.

The magic turrets hurt a LOT, because the mages have super nova strength and maybe 3 of my units have more than 20 resistance.

Rinkah meanwhile baits out a Sorcerer to start the push on the right side/

Huh, I thought Rinkah capped out speed already.

In the process of clearing out the southern block, Kagero gets some needed speed. 24 speed isn't that great for a ninja.

Her target did drop 10k gold. Nohrians get paid pretty well?

Oboro and Silas act as the decoy weakeners for the next round of defense.

Some ambitious attacks to take out some tough targets, though Silas at least has a free defensive guard stored.

Oboro pushes more forward to the right, while the left became a little busy with a barrage of team-attacks.

Kiragi already at almost 30 strength and picks up Opportunity Shot.

Reinforcements are already starting to show up. The Wyvern Lords are going to spawn in a pair, while the ground ones will tend to come up solo.

The one weakness of Horse Spirit is that it's pretty low power. Does not matter at all if you're someone like Sakura.

The Dragon Veins put a mini-tornado on the corners of where the flier reinforcements show up, so they slow down considerably.

I know it's been a while, but how the gently caress do Dragon Veins work

Especially on pure building concrete in a city

Takumi pushes the pace, which then lets Scarlet hold in the bait territory with a nice Hammer in hand for those Generals.

Kagero gets a crit to get the oneshot, and slowly reclaims what she was before which was a speedy glass cannon.

She's honestly been struggling to double some mages.

Scarlet did her job, and was rewarded handsomely for it.

Takumi and Kiragi tag team on a Hero, and they're going to stick around that area for a while to deter the Wyverns. Rinkah continues to be the only unit to able to oneshot these massive zerkers.

That recent strength gain was really needed there, Kagero.

Oh hey, the first Wyrmslayer on this route.

The most useless weapons since bows were buffed and effective weapons were tripled in power.

"Is that a goddamn tank on the plat-BWLHARGH!"

Family Bonds are strong. Takumi gets to lvl 13, gaining SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF.

Hrm. Not too great.

His highest combat stat is speed....

This rematch with Xander is not going to end well.

That Sting Shuriken putting in extra work today. Also I forgot Sakura can one-shot zerkers. Forgive me for forgetting, her murder tendencies only show up in emergencies.

I kinda want Oboro to gain resistance instead of speed at this point. Anything that's fast enough to double Oboro is a physical attacker and she'll brush them off.

Felicia used to be arguably the speediest team member. What happened

Chakram-S rank, 11 mt, 95 hit, 10 crit, -10 avoid, Defence and Resistance -5, follow up attack speed +5, enemy’s follow up attack speed +5
[Strength/Magic/Defence/Resistance -6]

Chakram is a massively powerful shuriken weapon that-oh wait, only Kaze can potentially use it. Never mind.

I see, Hans. I see.

I'm going to burn you to the ground, Hans. When I'm through with you, your axe will be the only reminder you ever lived.

:stare: *slowly backs away*

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think the main problem is that video games hardly ever have good stories, because even a lot of critically acclaimed books and other media are kinda mediocre. I think a decent chunk have well told stories, which is by fair the more important thing (look at how many people actually like freaking Shovel Knight/Plague of Shadows' stories), and the big way Fates dropped the ball was by not making more of its story basic poo poo like showing why people would be okay with a literal tyrant like with Ashnard.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Of course, Fates doesn't get the usual excuses like Uncharted, where there's decent writing, and decent gameplay, and they kind of totally fail to mesh. Fates pretty much entirely disconnects the gameplay and the narrative most of the time, and the story is still garbage even by videogame standards.
uncharted has neither of those and the reason fates' story is garbage is, again, because of the ridiculous amount of writing they had to do and how slapdash that process was.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Last Celebration posted:

...the big way Fates dropped the ball was by not making more of its story basic poo poo like showing why people would be okay with a literal tyrant like with Ashnard.

If Garon's skills and stats (from way back in Chapter 12) are any indication, they put up with him solely because they have no choice due to him being literally invincible (I mean, the enemies are JUST NOW starting to approach his stats from then, and Tae's just beaten Chapter 24! On top of that, he's got his broken skills, one of which is enemy-exclusive, and probably gained like 5 points in every stat for no apparent reason since then). Not entirely sure how he actually has SUPPORTERS (willing ones, at least), but being invincible would certainly explain why he hasn't been assassinated yet, wouldn't it?

McGwee
May 1, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm going to burn you to the ground, Hans. When I'm through with you, your axe will be the only reminder you ever lived.

:stare: *slowly backs away*

...I've never killed Hans with Corrin so... This is far more :black101: than I would have thought for him.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Maybe it's just me, but saying you're going to burn a person to the ground just makes you sound stupid rather than threatening.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CptWedgie posted:

If Garon's skills and stats (from way back in Chapter 12) are any indication, they put up with him solely because they have no choice due to him being literally invincible (I mean, the enemies are JUST NOW starting to approach his stats from then, and Tae's just beaten Chapter 24! On top of that, he's got his broken skills, one of which is enemy-exclusive, and probably gained like 5 points in every stat for no apparent reason since then). Not entirely sure how he actually has SUPPORTERS (willing ones, at least), but being invincible would certainly explain why he hasn't been assassinated yet, wouldn't it?

But Ashnard is literally invincible tho too and rides a not-manakete like a yoshi. My point is that PoR actually has instances where the people look to him as a hosed up bizzaro savior to a degree because he only cares about power rather than dumb titles which means anyone can rise up. Where Garon...yeah.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

inthesto posted:

Maybe it's just me, but saying you're going to burn a person to the ground just makes you sound stupid rather than threatening.

Given the dude is a dragon he might be talking very literally

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

TheKingofSprings posted:

Given the dude is a dragon he might be talking very literally

Corrin doesn't have a breath-based attack at all, and judging from the bubbles he seems to be an aquatic dragon anyway. This, in turn, just swings it straight back into "stupid" territory.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The chapter title card was right, 'surprise' is a completely accurate description of my reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im fairly certain it is possible to burn a person. perhaps, by tying them to a lot of wooden things, and then setting those things on fire. i wonder if anyone has ever invented that.

• Locked thread