Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I'm beginning to think I don't like Mike or Nick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
I think I'm probably autistic but nick's californian vocal fry on some words drives me insane. The way he says "mmkay, mmkay" when guests are talking sounds like the publizity characters from kroll show

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Nick's accent drives me nuts but on the opposite side: I've lived my whole life in LA and have never heard a local sound like him. If Mitch ever takes a swing at him, I feel like his head will pop off revealing a bunch of fizzling wires.

Also, he pronounces crazy as "cwazy"

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
I'm from NZ so just assumed it was a cali thing. His voice is so weird sometimes, I can't quite describe it but occasionally it sounds like he's gargling his words or speaking from the bottom of his throat or something. It's not great for an audio only medium

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nick's really didn't bother me until the Hollywood Handbook guys came on a second time and one of them was driving me nuts with it and then I finally noticed Nick's.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Favorite accent on the show so far is the Dave & Busters ep with Molasses Boy

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
I hope molasses boy is back on one day. Mitch imitating his accent in that episode was really funny

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Man i love the Simpsons and i have really low standards for what constitutes a good Doughboys guest but Matt selman is pretty rough

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Big fan of Mitch taking exception to Wiger calling Bostonians whiny and insecure and proceeding to offer the whiniest, most insecure defense imaginable

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

As a member of an obnoxious (collegiate) sports fandom it's hard to not identify with Mitch

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Does Dylan Gelula know how to have fun?

I don't even mean that in a mean-spirited way, I am genuinely concerned.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
She's that special kind of annoying vegan that have just defaulted to it because they're afraid of all food.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
This girl is a crappy guest and has a crippling eating disorder.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
https://twitter.com/BDayBoysMitch/status/850089449677406209

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/850090478603124736

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would enjoy this show a lot more if they somehow got armen in every episode

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Remember that Podcast Pilot where it was Mitch and Armen talking about basketball.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Remember when Armen cohosted Who Charted for a week and then Matt Besser destroyed him at the end.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

i would enjoy this show a lot more if they somehow got armen in every episode
same but bug mane

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean they are the same person, armen said "bzz bzz"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
After the spoonman and Lil wiges kill themselves armen and bug mane should takeover the show.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Armen sucks.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Armen is probably one of the funniest people alive right now and its really funny that every time he is on a podcast the hosts are desperately trying to explain to the audience that "no this guy is actually funny please believe me" as he wrecks the podcast around him

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Snooze Cruise posted:

Armen is probably one of the funniest people alive right now

so I'm only aware of him as a neurotic podcast guest, has he done outstanding acting or standup, or are you just really into his type of podcasting? not razzing you btw, I think he's really funny but I'm always a little confused when he's introduced as one of the most talented comedians

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's one of the masterminds behind that magnum opus of experimental theatre Bread, where he and Harris Wittles threw slices of bread at the audience.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
just listened to the munch madness finals and had a lot of laughs. I wish Evan Susser would go on more podcasts and attempt to derail them as much as possible

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
still can't believe mitch didn't know what an elbow was

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Nick revealing he got Carl's Jr. in response to 9/11 is this show's peak

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Nick revealing he got Carl's Jr. in response to 9/11 is this show's peak

This week's Doughboys Double should make every Doughboys fan spend $5 a month. I love Mitch's paternal (or really maternal) love of Yusong.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

HolePisser1982 posted:

so I'm only aware of him as a neurotic podcast guest, has he done outstanding acting or standup, or are you just really into his type of podcasting? not razzing you btw, I think he's really funny but I'm always a little confused when he's introduced as one of the most talented comedians

Mostly his podcast stuff, but whenever I see him on something like Another Period or the random internet video thing he tends to hit it out of the park there.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This is the most wack opinion ever expressed on Doughboys.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Probably bad that I instantly thought of Doughboys when I read this https://twitter.com/nypost/status/854399913228152832

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GraPar posted:

Probably bad that I instantly thought of Doughboys when I read this https://twitter.com/nypost/status/854399913228152832

Ehh, given the tone of the show I have to imagine this will come up at some point in the near future. Why, I can hear it now...

"Those will probably be your last words as well, huh, Mitch?"
"...WHAT THE gently caress [4 minute overly defensive rant that somehow involves Boston and the Patriots] And I'm done, I hate this show, this sucks."
"OK. Wow."
"I will say, the McNugget is very, very gud though."
"Yeah, McNuggets are great."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
"It's the uh, e-e, uhh what's the, what the-what the gently caress the uh, uh, it's the

- "...What are you trying to say"

"I'M NOT DUMB!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

GraPar posted:

and just in time...

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/854726773010964482

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Nicole Byer AND Gabrus tagged in that tweet - my expectations are pretty high now.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Those are obviously not McNuggets, but it is a random stock photo so they probably are reviewing McDonalds.

I'm guessing Keven will not be satisfied if they end up only reviewing McNuggets instead of completing a full restaurant review.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Nicole Byer AND Gabrus tagged in that tweet - my expectations are pretty high now.

That's a solid tag team

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Oh my God, they're doing it

:siren: NUGGET POWER HOUR :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Oh my God, they're doing it

:siren: NUGGET POWER HOUR :siren:

I might have to skip this episode this sounds like a terrible audio experience. Wait that describes the Podcast.