Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Wild Horses posted:

having a big love and solidarity festival a couple meters away from the place where people died and got wounded seemed a bit insensitive. Not even a day of mourning?
I guess i just want people to be a bit torn up, going on tv and smiling and being "together" strikes me the wrong way somehow.
People die every day bud. The difference this time is that some guy killed specifically to suppress our society by making a whole nation mourn 4 random strangers, to create fear by having it be the focus of the media 24/7, and to create hatred and mistrust among races and political parties who blame each other. Please don't judge other people for not following the script.

Mercrom fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

skipThings posted:

you know you are advocating for literal concentration camps, right ?

There's a hell of a difference between detention centers for people that's about to be sent back to where they belong and concentration camps that are designed to exterminate people. But I guess in leftist fantasy world they're all the same and everyone who wants to a responsible immigration policy instead of the current chaos are nazis.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Mercrom posted:

People die every day bud. The difference this time is that some guy killed specifically to suppress our society by making a whole nation mourn 4 random strangers, to create fear by having it be the focus of the media 24/7, and to create hatred and mistrust among races and political parties who blame each other. Please don't judge other people for not following the script.

yeah that. Or maybe people are just unable to cope with feeling sad for a couple of measly days.
Gotta push those feelings away, gotta be positive, these guys in charge said it was alright

also its not "every day" that innocents are killed in absurd islamic terror. It's actually a first in sweden

Wild Horses fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 9, 2017

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Beeswax posted:

The Stockholm Incident: a story so juicy it brings the dessicated corpse of Ligur back from the dead.

Yeah I thought it was him I had heard about so long ago. I'll keep my distance.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Wild Horses posted:

yeah that. Or maybe people are just unable to cope with feeling sad for a couple of measly days.
Gotta push those feelings away, gotta be positive, these guys in charge said it was alright

also its not "every day" that innocents are killed in absurd islamic terror. It's actually a first in sweden

No one is denying people the right to grieve. If you don't feel like going to a big peace & love rally or whatever, then no one is making you. Everyone deals with these things in their own way. It's not rocket science.

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 9, 2017

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

There's a hell of a difference between detention centers for people that's about to be sent back to where they belong and concentration camps that are designed to exterminate people. But I guess in leftist fantasy world they're all the same and everyone who wants to a responsible immigration policy instead of the current chaos are nazis.

Tha Nauru "detention camps" are very much concentration camps, not extermination camps, but the people there are forgotten and will die there, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about but in fantasy "law and order"land you are inhabiting, letting people suffer indefinitely for the crime of being born in the wrong place, is just fine

Nothing you are talking about is "responsible" taking responsibility for the displace people of the global south would look very differently

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Wild Horses posted:

It's the price of freedom. And globalism. Sweden can not be part of the same world as IS and not be affected by them. We have to live with terrorism in all it's forms until we find a solution, just like we have to live with cancer or automobile accidents.

The people in charge are not saying things are alright. The prime minister said this was an attack on the nation. But the only way one person can attack a whole nation by himself is if we make it true through paranoia.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Mercrom posted:

It's the price of freedom. And globalism. Sweden can not be part of the same world as IS and not be affected by them. We have to live with terrorism in all it's forms until we find a solution, just like we have to live with cancer or automobile accidents.

The people in charge are not saying things are alright. The prime minister said this was an attack on the nation. But the only way one person can attack a whole nation by himself is if we make it true through paranoia.

I guess somehow It's a justified reaction. And logical one i guess...
But i still feel disgust, especially when thinking about that girl. Killed in a stupid ideological war for no reason.
Seeing all those happy faces a couple days after the fact filled me with bile all the same

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Alhazred posted:

Cardiac's attempts to score political points isn't exactly less disgusting, only a little bit more subtle.

What did he say that was so disgusting? That people denied asylum should have no right staying in a country?

Wild Horses posted:

Victims of terrorist attacks this week:
Russia 13
Pakistan 11
Iraq 44
Somalia 41
Nigeria 7
Sweden 4
Egypt 43
Mali 5
Norway 0 (averted a bomb on the main station in Oslo)

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mordekai posted:

Norway 0 (averted a bomb on the main station in Oslo)

Our wonderful (not radical left) media told us he was Russian. The fuckers did not have the guts to tell us that he was Chechen. I wonder why...
I feel sick about the fact that we help such vermin. We should have let the Russians deal with him.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Our wonderful (not radical left) media told us he was Russian. The fuckers did not have the guts to tell us that he was Chechen. I wonder why...
I feel sick about the fact that we help such vermin. We should have let the Russians deal with him.

You're beyond insane if you think Norwegian news media is "radical left"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Sånn som Putin holder på er det bare et tidsspørsmål før vi alle er russiske, tovaritsh. Og du må gjerne dele på kildene som sier at han ikke er russisk statsborger.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Jeg er veldig usikker på om jeg gidder å lese Nyhetsspeilet eller Document eller hva faen

Livet er for kort til å kaste bort på nazinytt

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kopijeger posted:

How does he do that from beyond the grave?

Oh, that's right. Hard to keep track of all the vassals. Doesn't change my argument, though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Wild Horses posted:

having a big love and solidarity festival a couple meters away from the place where people died and got wounded seemed a bit insensitive. Not even a day of mourning?
I guess i just want people to be a bit torn up, going on tv and smiling and being "together" strikes me the wrong way somehow.

I feel the exact opposite. The terrormans want to see you cry and be miserable

It's way cooler if we all join hands and give the middle finger to the mongoloids who drive cars into crowds

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

It's way cooler if we all join hands and give the middle finger to the mongoloids who drive cars into crowds

That is nice and cute but I think you should rather do something about this http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/den-mistenkte-terroristen-fikk-asylavslag-og-forsvant-han-var-n-av-12-000-politiet-ikke-vet-hvor-er/67477174
instead of feel-good stuff. Do you really think the terrorists gives a poo poo? They want to kill infidels and that's it.

"Svensk politi har 12 000 navn på en liste over asylsøkere som har fått et utvisningsvedtak og deretter forsvunnet."

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heinz Hynkel posted:

That is nice and cute but I think you should rather do something about this http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/den-mistenkte-terroristen-fikk-asylavslag-og-forsvant-han-var-n-av-12-000-politiet-ikke-vet-hvor-er/67477174
instead of feel-good stuff. Do you really think the terrorists gives a poo poo? They want to kill infidels and that's it.

"Svensk politi har 12 000 navn på en liste over asylsøkere som har fått et utvisningsvedtak og deretter forsvunnet."

One thing does not rule out the other. A peace & love rally does not rule out trying to improve counter-terrorism routines.
I was going to say that you know this and are just parroting your usual garbage to get a rise out of people, but I suspect that you might actually be too god drat dumb to grasp the notion of doing a thing and another thing.

Seriously, your latest spate of posting makes some of the other right-wing spooks in here look like some sort of philospher kings by comparison.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Actual footage of Heinz Hynkel

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Beeswax posted:

One thing does not rule out the other. A peace & love rally does not rule out trying to improve counter-terrorism routines.

Well do that other thing then. You have not been doing it so far.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Well do that other thing then. You have not been doing it so far.

It takes time to pass a law.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Heinz Hynkel posted:

What's the average joe supposed to do about this. It's up to the politicians and police to figure that poo poo out

The average joe can give the middlefinger and thats it

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

What's the average joe supposed to do about this. It's up to the politicians and police to figure that poo poo out

The average joe can give the middlefinger and thats it

You got a vote and can use that. About that middlefinger; push it up the arse of your useless politicians in power. Then force them to smell it.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

It takes time to pass a law.

Should have been done a long time ago and that is the problem. Swedish politicians and media has pretended that all is well but it is not.
We got the same problem in Norway but far less of it. I guess we should be thankful for the Swedes to show us what happens if you ignore
immigrant/asylum problems. Not talking about that awful terror attack.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thank god we have an intellectually challenged Norwegian to lecture us, random nerds on the internet, about what our politicians should do. We'll get right on that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well I mean they didn't ignore teh asylum thing, they correctly identified this individual as a risk. The failure was in the procedures thereafter. Clearly they need better procedures for making sure these people don't just kind of hang around but actually leave once they've been rejected

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Well I mean they didn't ignore teh asylum thing, they correctly identified this individual as a risk. The failure was in the procedures thereafter. Clearly they need better procedures for making sure these people don't just kind of hang around but actually leave once they've been rejected

Need to put rejected people in camps (no, not death camps or anything silly like that) until they can be sent out. I really don't understand why the Scandinavian countries has not done that already.
You can also putting a tracker on them, like we do with criminals that get to be home instead of prison. Its nothing inhumane about either of those methods.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Beeswax posted:

Thank god we have an intellectually challenged Norwegian to lecture us, random nerds on the internet, about what our politicians should do. We'll get right on that.

No problem. Happy to help. Its clear that your politicians badly needs help. They have done an awful job with immigration and the refugee crisis.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Beeswax posted:

Actual footage of Heinz Hynkel

That's amazing

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heinz Hynkel posted:

No problem. Happy to help. Its clear that your politicians badly needs help. They have done an awful job with immigration and the refugee crisis.

Good thing you've picked this, the most useful of channels, to relay your wisdom to them.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Beeswax posted:

Good thing you've picked this, the most useful of channels, to relay your wisdom to them.

I cannot do that, the Swedes need to do that.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mordekai posted:

What did he say that was so disgusting? That people denied asylum should have no right staying in a country?

This is by the way the Swedish law, if you have no legal right to be in Sweden, you should by law be expelled.
But I guess the idea that someone should follow the law is controversial.

The way I see it, we have probably the most generous asylum system in the world with a significantly higher ratio of accepted asylum applications per capita than any other comparable country.
People are granted asylum not just based on whether they are refugees as deemed by UN, but also based on our own defined standards for humanitarian need, which is also very generous.
Asylum seekers also have multiple attempts to appeal a rejected asylum application.
As for the reapplications of asylum, you can avoid the police for long enough time to reapply while still getting access to healthcare and schools.
Hiding doesn't disqualify for a later reapplication, but might strengthen it since you can get closer connections to Sweden through your children.

This basically tells me that if you are rejected asylum in Sweden, you have passed through so many tests that you almost certainly have no valid reason for asylum.

To exemplify this, one of our largest groups of asylum seekers are people from former Yugoslavia (like Kosovo), who have a very high rejection rate in their asylum requests (since being poor is not a reason for asylum), but they go into hiding upon rejection since we have large populations of former asylum seekers from these countries and thus there are ways for these to stay in Sweden by relatives living here.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Cardiac posted:

This is by the way the Swedish law, if you have no legal right to be in Sweden, you should by law be expelled.
But I guess the idea that someone should follow the law is controversial.
Yes, it is so controversial that the reason they're not being expelled is that the police is bound to follow certain other laws. I know you're trying to play dumb here, but the joke is that you are actually even dumber than you're trying to pretend to be.

See here for example. "Looking like a swarthy foreigner" isn't probable cause to detain someone to verify their identity, it's racial profiling, and that's not legal. Outsourcing torture or capital punishment by expelling people to countries which are likely to do that to them is also illegal (probably unconstitutional, in fact - yes I know there's precedent with Anna Lindh's infamous Egyptians, but cabinet level geopolitical fuckery is what it is). Expelling people to countries who will not accept their own citizens back isn't really practically doable at all but even if it was it'd effectively be making them stateless, which is, guess what, illegal too (by international convention, no less). Uzbekistan is one of the countries to which we do not expel people by force, for these reasons.

Sending the police to deliver the message that right of residence has been denied and taking the poor schmuck into custody immediately instead of letting them go underground is an obvious thing that was already proposed as a law change last year, but I'm unsure of its status as of right now.

So, what do? It's either put them in camps/prison forever - which is a braindamaged and expensive non-solution even from a purely practical standpoint, basic loving human decency notwithstanding - or give up and let them stay if expelling them is not possible (but merely going underground is just delaying it, not making it impossible). Indefinite detainment or this limbo state where they can neither leave nor stay legally are just very good ways of creating future problems, so the only pragmatic solution is to let them stay and hopefully become productive members of socitey. Being impossible to expel because your home country is a shithole isn't even your fault, so it's not like you even broke the law.

This solution is currently under investigation, by the way.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 10, 2017

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
You talk a lot of sense for a seagull. Good post!

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Nevermind it's utterly pointless arguing with left wingers who will lose next election anyway when reality continue to catch up to Sweden.

Pump it up! Do it! fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 10, 2017

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Nevermind it's utterly pointless arguing with left wingers who will lose next election anyway when reality continue to catch up to Sweden.
Since you proposed Aussie-style concentration camps for assylum seekers before wimping out, I'll point out to you, again, that those are horrible inhuman places where abuses in all shapes and forms runs rampant.

You're just a FYGM thinker but can't even admit that much.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 10, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

We would take you more seriously if your example of a proper policy solution wasn't Australia's, drowning in human rights abuses I might add, literal concentration camps.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

What a bunch of utter bullshit, idiotic arguments like that will only keep Sweden unsafe and all but guarantee that SD will become the largest party. The obvious solution is to just have refugee centers outside the EU and have the same rules as Australia, nobody that goes to Europe with boat gets to stay instead only people who gets asylum at local refugee centers. This will also stop the massive streams of people coming in. Your retarded solutions only continue to encourage mass migration of economic immigrants that have nothing at all to do here like this terrorist Uzbeki. Also Reva needs to be restarded again, the "racial profiling" argument is utter bullshit since guess what most illegals don't look like Swedes.

quoting the text that was there before the edit

yes, we understand that you are incredibly racist and really like the idea of putting people in camps, thank you
no, this still isn't a practical solution at all no matter how much you jerk off to imprisoning people indefinitely for no really good reason, since these people won't just disappear unless you're arguing for literally gassing them

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though, gently caress anyone who actually thinks that we should look to motherfucking Australia when it comes to how we should treat refugees

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

BUT THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE SWEDES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

BUT THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE SWEDES

Good for them:colbert: