Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
rawket lawnchair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 24, 2014

InFlames235 posted:

Guys, what do I do? I can easily go beat Ganon right now but don't want Zelda to be over :(. I am about to get level 4 barbarian gear, don't rly care to 100% the shrines or Korok seeds cuz Link already feels OP without that. I'm down to get the Hylian shield but other than that, I'm pretty much at the end. Do I just suck it up and kill the fucker? I guess Mario Kart is out in a couple short weeks...

You could just finish shrines and just not get heart containers, etc. (Or you can sell them).

If you don't like the shrines obviously you don't need to do it, but the upgrades are optional afaik.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

InFlames235 posted:

Guys, what do I do? I can easily go beat Ganon right now but don't want Zelda to be over :(. I am about to get level 4 barbarian gear, don't rly care to 100% the shrines or Korok seeds cuz Link already feels OP without that. I'm down to get the Hylian shield but other than that, I'm pretty much at the end. Do I just suck it up and kill the fucker? I guess Mario Kart is out in a couple short weeks...

just do the shrines IMO but dont turn them in :)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

226 posted:

You could just finish shrines and just not get heart containers, etc. (Or you can sell them).

If you don't like the shrines obviously you don't need to do it, but the upgrades are optional afaik.

Sell what :catstare:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

At the cursed statue in Hateno. She gives you rupees for heart/stamina containers, and you can either trade one for the other or just keep the money.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Kazy posted:

At the cursed statue in Hateno. She gives you rupees for heart/stamina containers, and you can either trade one for the other or just keep the money.

I love that music.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there anyway to get the Joycons working as a single controller on the PC? I know they work separately but I'd like to use them as a pair like on the Switch. Is anyone working on a driver wrapper to do that?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Atomicated posted:

The last I heard the digital price being same as physical was a mistake. and should still be $10 cheaper.

lol, zelda in Nintendo eStore: £59.99, zelda literally everywhere else £47-£50.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The physical version of Puyo Puyo Tetris comes with a set of keychains I'll end up never taking out of the box, so the $10 price difference is fine and makes sense.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Popped my Switch into a dock and nothing happened. Ok maybe the power is bad..nope works fine directly into the machine. Take it upstairs to the other dock and it links up just fine, ok so I got a bad dock maybe?

Take the "good" dock downstairs to the same wiring and it also doesn't work. Ok so now maybe the wire or port on the TV fried...cept they work when connected to something else.

Plug it all back into one of the docks and now it works? Sure ok whatever. :nintendo:

Edit: in the time it took me to write this it charged 5% while docked and on standby. Incase anyone else was wondering what the recharge time was like.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 10, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

Popped my Switch into a dock and nothing happened. Ok maybe the power is bad..nope works fine directly into the machine. Take it upstairs to the other dock and it links up just fine, ok so I got a bad dock maybe?

Take the "good" dock downstairs to the same wiring and it also doesn't work. Ok so now maybe the wire or port on the TV fried...cept they work when connected to something else.

Plug it all back into one of the docks and now it works? Sure ok whatever. :nintendo:

I've had that happen, I feel like whatever triggers it to connect and charge and feed video and stuff sometimes doesn't decide right. Plugging it back in a few times or power cycling the console seems to work.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/851162229210611712

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don't like this cover but doing different covers for different runs is a cool idea that more devs should do more often. Does it still come with the rad instruction manual?

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Since Nintendo is monitoring this thread because we all know what's best for them, make a Wario Ware game for Switch. It's the platform that series has been waiting for.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I guess that also means their first run sold really well?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Since Nintendo is monitoring this thread because we all know what's best for them, make a Wario Ware game for Switch. It's the platform that series has been waiting for.

If it comes, I hope it somehow makes snapping the joycons on and off into a game. That poo poo is still satisfying to do a month in.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't like this cover but doing different covers for different runs is a cool idea that more devs should do more often. Does it still come with the rad instruction manual?

Nope suck it

(Probably not, it was touted as a first print bonus.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Great news, can't wait until the first run editions start going for wild prices on eBay. Very rarely do early adopters get any benefits.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Great news, can't wait until the first run editions start going for wild prices on eBay. Very rarely do early adopters get any benefits.

What benefit is that?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nephzinho posted:

What benefit is that?

The benefit is a game I bought will sell for more money when I am tired of it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A second run? can we loving get it in Aus you fucks

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

bowmore posted:

Uh you guys play BoI everyday dodging every thing that wants to kill you on your hellscape of a country

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Spacebump posted:

The benefit is that you got the game, early

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

bowmore posted:

Living there means you're always playing a roguelike.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Living there means you're always playing a roguelike.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Uh you guys play BoI everyday dodging every thing that wants to kill you on your hellscape of a country

:eyeroll:

yes and americans don't need to play zelda because they already live in a cursed hellscape ruled by a pig monster

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

well why not posted:

americans don't need to play zelda because they already live in a cursed hellscape ruled by a pig monster

True

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

well why not posted:

yes and americans don't need to play zelda because they already live in a cursed hellscape ruled by a pig monster

Lol why are you saying that like it isn't true

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

well why not posted:

Yes but in Zelda we can lust over a fish man.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I bought a Switch last week and I love it so far. I got it in grey but I picked up some neon joycons today to prepare for Mario Kart - they're already really hard to find in stock here in Australia so I reckon it will be just about impossible to get them once Mario Kart launches.

I just ordered the Butterfox case with the velcro too. This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WVCWY41/

Someone mentioned wanting it a couple of pages ago and it looks good. Anyone actually got it? Did I make a good choice?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oh that looks like a really nice case. i just recently ordered a slightly cheaper yztree one but i might return it and get that instead

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That looks like a really nice case. It's similar in design to the official deluxe case I bought ( https://www.amazon.com/Industries-Nintendo-Switch-Traveler-Deluxe-Travel/dp/B01MY9JB2U ) but if there's complaint it's that there's very little extra room apart from the tiny zipper pocket. That case OTOH has a separate pocket that seemingly fits extra Joycons and cables.

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

monkeu posted:

I bought a Switch last week and I love it so far. I got it in grey but I picked up some neon joycons today to prepare for Mario Kart - they're already really hard to find in stock here in Australia so I reckon it will be just about impossible to get them once Mario Kart launches.

I just ordered the Butterfox case with the velcro too. This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WVCWY41/

Someone mentioned wanting it a couple of pages ago and it looks good. Anyone actually got it? Did I make a good choice?

How did you get that shipped to Australia? I just tried and no dice?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

http://wccftech.com/snake-pass-running-switch-seven-days/

Apparently Snake Pass was really easy to port and future ports should be even easier. Impressive given how good of a port it is, a lower resolution compensated with good AA, and 30fps(same framerate as X1 and PS4) with some minor frame pacing.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, snake pass bodes pretty well for the future of ports to the switch. like it won't be my #1 choice to get a multiplatform game 9 times out of 10 but it's cool that the hardware seems to be as easy to port and develop for as nintendo said.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's definitely my number one choice, because every night I put my kid to bed and he likes to fall asleep to video game music and sounds. So I can play all of these while he falls asleep.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

thats sweet, i totally get it from that perspective haha. i don't have kids and have a decent pc so that's always my first choice if the option is there

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Snake pass is pretty good and perfect to play in small chunks in portable mode. I don't think I would have bothered with it on PS4.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That last stage of Snake Pass is a drat gauntlet though. Took me an hour or two just to do that one getting all the trinkets.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is snake pass really good? And how is has been heroes? I'm hungry for more games now that I'm about done with zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/851434613343895552/

• Locked thread