Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lol if you ever travel or go anywhere ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol united

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

lol if you ever travel or go anywhere ever

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Well imagine my shock that this is what happens when you leave ur house

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

That guy writes a heck of a fun article. :thumbsup:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
So I was listening to Chapo Trap House and they were talking about "Federal Risk Corridors" where apparently the Federal gov't pays (is supposed to pay?) insurance companies a whole bunch of money to assume the risk of them setting up shop in places where there's been little-or-no healthcare ever, because the expectation is that once people who live in West Virginia get access to healthcare for the first time, that they'll suddenly use it a lot since they need it. It should drop off as preventative care kicks in, but in the meantime the Federal gov't needs to essentially bribe insurance companies to withstand the first wave.

Is this the part where there's currently a legal case about the companies demanding their money, and Obamacare is still in limbo and potential big trouble if the Sessions DOJ simply refuses to fight the case and fucks over the insurance companies?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Donald Trump secret tape revealed: Is it a sexy piss tape or a pissy sex tape? Found out more at noon!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

eonwe posted:

lol united

Did you know? "united" anagrams to "untied"!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

suburban virgin posted:

Why the gently caress would you drag people off and not just offer some loving money don't you realise people have cellphone cameras you idiots

They offered money, and then when they didn't get enough takers started volunteering people. United is poo poo.

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

triple sulk posted:

also their award chart is comically bad

What

Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

So I was listening to Chapo Trap House and they were talking about "Federal Risk Corridors" where apparently the Federal gov't pays (is supposed to pay?) insurance companies a whole bunch of money to assume the risk of them setting up shop in places where there's been little-or-no healthcare ever, because the expectation is that once people who live in West Virginia get access to healthcare for the first time, that they'll suddenly use it a lot since they need it. It should drop off as preventative care kicks in, but in the meantime the Federal gov't needs to essentially bribe insurance companies to withstand the first wave.

Is this the part where there's currently a legal case about the companies demanding their money, and Obamacare is still in limbo and potential big trouble if the Sessions DOJ simply refuses to fight the case and fucks over the insurance companies?

My employer is the only insurer on the exchange in WV and has lost over $700m there due to exactly what you describe here.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

They are hosed even if they give the money.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

i like this one because you can see his liver trying to escape

hes a sentient tumor

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

suburban virgin posted:

Why the gently caress would you drag people off and not just offer some loving money don't you realise people have cellphone cameras you idiots

They offered them 800 bucks and a hotel room.

Unfortunately that guy was a doctor and needed to do rotations the next day. so of course they brought in a knuckle dragger to brutalize him for the world to see.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

How do you sit like this and still be able to breath

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Domestic first class is bullshit these days anyway. If you really want to enjoy flying, you gotta do it internationally, and this includes coach.

if you're on a 4+ hour flight it's not as bad because you're probably on a larger plane but yeah

and even int'l first class is loving awful at this point not because of the experience but the cost, and unless you go down the horrid rabbit hole of points abuse you aren't getting a decent award redemption

first class isn't really even "first" on some airlines

i present to you "the apartment" which you can enjoy for a mere ~$20k, one way:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

"where is my nephew feyd-rautha?!"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
LOL at chumps that don't charter a private plane and are too poor to own their own jet.

:smugdon:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Joementum posted:

can you imagine bannon sitting like that naked and next to you

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FizFashizzle posted:

Unfortunately that guy was a doctor and needed to do rotations the next day. so of course they brought in a knuckle dragger to brutalize him for the world to see.

i bet it'll end up costing them a good deal more than 800 dollars lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I used to date a flight attendant and that is a sweet gig.

First class international for like 300 bucks.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
american healthcare reminds me a bit of uk energy companies

like this market based idea of free choice, for something people don't really care about choosing

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

skin pigmentation was a bit off and the law enforcement officers were forced to use department approved takedown techniques to remove the disturbed passenger.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

downside is that you were definitely getting cucked while they were away

Apr 7, 2003

financially racist posted:

This is why we need to return to the era of strictly defined clothing by social class, these modern relaxed dress codes make it too easy to accidentally brutalize someone with the money to hold us accountable

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

You mean cost him

I wonder how long he had to spend in jail after they pulled him off

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Where the gently caress were you going bitch

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i can't believe i'm saying this but i hope trump tweets something negative about united and their stock plummets

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

god drat 2017 has broken my brain

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

a.lo posted:

can you imagine bannon sitting like that naked and next to you

when he was running breibart he would do video conferences wearing a bathrobe

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

triple sulk posted:

I think that is accepted as part of the deal. 300 first class!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

triple sulk posted:

this has got to be some emirates poo poo

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah but otoh you have to deal with people all day and stay in motels and poo poo all the fuckin time and you're never home

gently caress that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
banmon was the weird fat kid in school nobody liked

guaranteed he has never had a genuine friend

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

if you're on a 4+ hour flight it's not as bad because you're probably on a larger plane but yeah

and even int'l first class is loving awful at this point not because of the experience but the cost, and unless you go down the horrid rabbit hole of points abuse you aren't getting a decent award redemption

first class isn't really even "first" on some airlines

I can't say I worked on "The Apartment," but I used to design the routing of wiring systems for aircraft in-flight entertainment. They're pretty much customized by each carrier for each type of plane they order. In the 2.5 years I did that I never once saw one for a US domestic carrier.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this has got to be some emirates poo poo

yeah but otoh you have to deal with people all day and stay in motels and poo poo all the fuckin time and you're never home

gently caress that

close, it's etihad, but emirates has something equivalent i think

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I will be bannons friend and he will give me 3 million dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Has anyone ever seen a sober person being dragged out of a place of business like that?

• Locked thread