Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hm, Loki's there with Thor and Hulk? Wasn't expecting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Goddamn, that's amazing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddamn that trailer is amazing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Huh. So this is what it feels like to be interested in a Thor movie. It honestly looks better than GoTG2.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Immigrant Song is an obvious pick, but I still love everything about that trailer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My favorite part is the dude behind Jeff Goldblum dressed like a Celestial because why the gently caress not. Also the art on that room has to be Kirby.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My favorite part is the dude behind Jeff Goldblum dressed like a Celestial because why the gently caress not.

Cosplay: it's not just for fans anymore!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Holy poo poo Cate Blanchett.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I totally did not expect to get a big grin on my face from a Thor trailer, but here we are. Also, having just read Gaiman's version of Norse mythology my mental idea of these characters is all jumbled up now.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That trailer is fantastic. That ending actually got a nice laugh out of me. With all of that crazy stuff going on (seriously, those were some nice visuals) I'm really curious as to where Strange fits in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It feels lazy to use a classic rock/Zep song on a trailer these days, but Immigrant Song is actually pretty apt for this.

But holy poo poo that is amazing in every way! Blanchett looks so perfect as Hela, and Hela looks like she's a real threat.

No shots of Strange in the trailer, so hopefully they'll keep that under wraps so only us turbonerds know he's in it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They literally showed one of his scenes from this movie after the credits of his own movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know last time we had a eyeblacked villain catch the hero's signature weapon in the trailer, it was a really good movie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

That trailer is fantastic. That ending actually got a nice laugh out of me. With all of that crazy stuff going on (seriously, those were some nice visuals) I'm really curious as to where Strange fits in.

My guess? Loki's wiped or altered Odin's memory and banished him to Earth where he's living as a hobo. I think that much is confirmed. Thor and Loki go to Earth to get Odin back so he can help them fight Hela and restore Asgard. They need Strange's help to find and restore Odin.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo that was good.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Stolen from reddit, yessss:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

holy poo poo I'm excited for a Thor movie

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Looks awesome and so much fun.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SonicRulez posted:

According to some of the news stories when Doctor Strange first came out, the stinger with Thor at the end of Strange was a clip from Ragnarok.

Strange is in the beginning of the movie because he is the Sorcerer Supreme now and finds out that Loki is on Earth. He confronts Thor about why he allowed Loki to come to Earth and Thor tells him that he and Loki need to find Odin, who is wandering around Earth as a powerless hobo. Strange tells Thor that he will help him and Loki find Odin, but that in exchange Thor has to take Loki back to Asgard, never return, and make sure that Asgard never interferes with Earth again.

I'm guessing that they come to find Odin because of Hela and Loki comes clean about impersonating Odin.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Stolen from reddit, yessss:

Just another beautiful thing in an already beautiful trailer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why is a bald dude with a machine gun so hype, and why is he in a Thor movie?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

parallelodad posted:

He is a character from an iconic Thor comic.

There is a major event that happens associated with him that is not shown in the trailer, but his brief scene in the trailer pretty much confirms that they are going to be recreating this scene.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That's no bald dude, that's Karl Urban.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pretty sure Karl Urban doesn't have face tattoos and also has hair.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

irlZaphod posted:

That's no bald dude, that's Karl Urban.

For reference: a bald Dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A whole lot of people seem to be confusing Skurge and Ares, I've seen numerous people posting about how the Sentry will probably show up and murder him and I'm like, what?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Hela looking good.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I LOVE THE TYPE TREATMENT

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

parallelodad posted:

That's The Executioner, Enchantress' muscle, played by awesome dude Karl Urban.

He's basically :black101: come to life.

Edit: Speaking of Enchantress, is she in this movie, or did they combine her and Hela into one character?

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 10, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are bullets the Hulk and Thor's one weakness?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

parallelodad posted:

If it's anything like the source material by that point Skurge is on their side, anyways.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

parallelodad posted:

If they are doing the famous comic scene he's not shooting at Hulk/Thor.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
That looks fantastic.

One question: Who crushed Mjolnir? Was that Hela without her helm?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

pubic works project posted:

That looks fantastic.

One question: Who crushed Mjolnir? Was that Hela without her helm?

Yes.

Also, still no announcement of who Sam Neil is playing or footage of him in the trailer.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

parallelodad posted:

Just in case you are serious and don't know about it, the scene that likely inspired the one on the trailer and why everyone is raving about it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yes.

Also, still no announcement of who Sam Neil is playing or footage of him in the trailer.

Rumor is he's playing one of the Elders of the Universe, who also include The Collector, The Grandmaster, and Ego. The theory is that Marvel is setting something up with them as future villains.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm gonna be pissed if they kill him off in his first film appearance, Karl Urban is too good to squander like that.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna be pissed if they kill him off in his first film appearance, Karl Urban is too good to squander like that.

They should have cast Sean Bean then.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yes.

I just realized I had Sam Neil and Sam Elliott confused, and am going to be very disappointed when Thor and Hulk don't fight a cowboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

pee out my butt posted:

I just realized I had Sam Neil and Sam Elliott confused, and am going to be very disappointed when Thor and Hulk don't fight a cowboy.

No, but they're gonna fight a vampire palaeontologist with no eyes, so...

• Locked thread