Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

That's not a very nice name for a dog

It's full of energy!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

That's not a very nice name for a dog

lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Makoto Ogino used many religious references in Peacock king, including Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism. The Bible is referenced multiple times, including Jesus, The Holy Grail, Satan, 666, Lucifer. In the manga, the Holy Grail is the skull of Jesus Christ, if it is filled with blood from Peacock King or Snake Queen, it would give birth to the dark Buddha. In Christianity, the general belief is Lucifer the fallen Angel became Satan. Lucifer, Peacock King and Snake King were fallen angels. Satan was reincarnated by another demon hunter from Ura-Koya, named Hōō.

Zoglin pls

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

(it's a cover from this)

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 10, 2017

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

hōō dis

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ahhhh it's so good
I'm re-reading the second volume since it's been a while, every panel is so lively and full of character :3:

I kinda want to re-read the whole thing from the start of the previous series but may save that for when it's done.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I ... may need to watch idols now.

Where are these idols from?

You won't find those ones outside of the mobage, at least for now

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

that's cute

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Caught Your Name in theaters this weekend and was pleasantly surprised how good it turned out. I was prepared for the emotional roller coaster that is Shinkai's works and was really hoping for a non-depressing ending. Visually it was amazing in every way and they had a great cast of characters. Will probably pick up the bluray when it comes out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I ... may need to watch idols now.

Where are these idols from?

they're from cinderella girls but they only make brief cameos in the anime, sorry

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Polsy posted:

You won't find those ones outside of the mobage, at least for now

:(
I shall wait patiently. Maybe I'll be older than then before I get to watch them.

Is that creepy? That seems creepy.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

~it doesn't matter~

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:(
I shall wait patiently. Maybe I'll be older than then before I get to watch them.

Is that creepy? That seems creepy.

I agree, old men are creepy.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Revolver Bunker posted:

Caught Your Name in theaters this weekend and was pleasantly surprised how good it turned out. I was prepared for the emotional roller coaster that is Shinkai's works and was really hoping for a non-depressing ending. Visually it was amazing in every way and they had a great cast of characters. Will probably pick up the bluray when it comes out.

Saw this last night, it starts out in the first quarter like Anime Freaky Friday, but goes off into wildly different directions afterwards, with plenty of genuine surprises. If you liked Shinkai's other stuff or if you liked Summer Wars, check it out.

I enjoyed that when the girl is in the boy's body, she walks differently, but the movie doesn't call attention to it, it just happens and you have to be looking for it.

Also, that this has been happening for centuries, but nobody remembers because none of them had talismans to help them remember. Taki has been wearing the ribbon for years and they're able to remember more because of the bond, once he gives it back their memories get way worse.

Probably going to be worth a rewatch, there's a lot of nuance and details to absorb.

As a guy who's normally into robots and laser guns, I actually enjoyed this YA high school magical realism chick flick.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 10, 2017

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

*eyes half of this thread suspiciously*

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Saw this last night, it starts out in the first quarter like Anime Freaky Friday, but goes off into wildly different directions afterwards, with plenty of genuine surprises. If you liked Shinkai's other stuff or if you liked Summer Wars, check it out.

I enjoyed that when the girl is in the boy's body, she walks differently, but the movie doesn't call attention to it, it just happens and you have to be looking for it.

Also, that this has been happening for centuries, but nobody remembers because none of them had talismans to help them remember. This probably explains why Mitsuha's dad left the mom, she was acting weird because she was body-swapping and couldn't explain it because her memory was foggy. Taki has been wearing the ribbon for years and they're able to remember more because of the bond, once he gives it back their memories get way worse.

Probably going to be worth a rewatch, there's a lot of nuance and details to absorb.

And the reason there's no records is because that one dudes toilet fire burned down the shrine a few hundred years ago

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mitsuha's mom died, they didn't separate.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Motto posted:

Mitsuha's mom died, they didn't separate.

Ah poo poo, yeah my memory's foggy (cough)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What do you think the Miyamizus were named before Hitoha

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

As a guy who's normally into robots and laser guns, I actually enjoyed this YA high school magical realism chick flick.

What's your favorite anime robot?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

dont say chick flick

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

popc

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
post ur favorite chicks

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Is that heaven?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

dont say chick flick

What do I say

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

What do I say

im gay

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

this bitch picture is hysterical

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In the pink jacket Lupin finale, I learned that the CIA works hard and plays hard at the same time

https://my.mixtape.moe/anaufm.webm

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

post ur favorite chicks

X

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

post ur favorite chicks

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gonna be streaming Humanity Has Declined tonight at 7 PM CST. Same place as usual.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

littleorv posted:

What do I say

lady reel

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:fastwitch:

:touhou:

:thegoodidol:

:robot

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Nice robot!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

happy gundam day

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just realized I forgot to burn in the subs for Humanity Has Declined, and I'm too lazy to get that set up for tonight, so we'll start that stream on Wednesday instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Steve Yun posted:

Also, that this has been happening for centuries, but nobody remembers because none of them had talismans to help them remember. Taki has been wearing the ribbon for years and they're able to remember more because of the bond, once he gives it back their memories get way worse.

The mannerism differences are really good and I do like that both Taki and Mitsuha's friends react accordingly to it. Though there are some spots that confuse me a bit like when Taki goes to the body of the god as Mitsuha and crosses into the "underworld" the grandmother says that you have to leave something behind when you visit. But then when he returns as himself 3 years later and goes to the same place what does he leave behind? Mistuha left the kuchikamizake then. The only thing I can think of is that Taki left his backpack there. I also wonder if Taki touches or wears the cord again from Mitsuha if he'll gain some of those memories back.

• Locked thread