Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

parallelodad posted:

Did you just conflate David Spade and James Spader

👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Counterpoint: Max Landis just takes other people's scripts and slightly changes them, Sandler at his absolute best is basically Affleck at his worst, and Bay's entire gimmick is just moving the camera to give incredibly boring poo poo a sense of importance.

Their powers combined would just be a Zack Snyder movie with brighter colors.

What the gently caress does Adam Sandler have to do with Ben Affleck?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love = Ben Affleck in Gigli

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

I assumed he meant Casey Affleck. I can definitely see him playing Sandler's role in Punch Drunk Love, and if I squint I can kind of see Sandler playing the lead in Manchester by the Sea.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

parallelodad posted:

If James Spader did a Sandler film I honestly wouldn't know how to feel. My love for Alan Shore is strong

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

parallelodad posted:

Call a Spade a Spader.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

khwarezm posted:

Call a Spade a Spader.

:boom: well done

naem
May 29, 2011

Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore and Fifty First Dates are three of my favorite movies of all time

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Jay on the pre-rec

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

naem posted:

Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore and Fifty First Dates are three of my favorite movies of all time

Hello, everyone's cousin that thinks Olive Garden is fancy and KISS rules.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

turn your monitor on

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!

I'll pass on Happy Gilmore and 50 First Dates. However, Billy Madison is one of the greatest comedies ever made.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Rich scratched his balls on Pre Rec. It was good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
NICE

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Space Taxi posted:

Rich scratched his balls on Pre Rec. It was good.

Hlel yeah

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Imagining this is harder than trying to imagine 4 dimensonal hypercubes.

The people who made Cube2 sure couldn't. They were educated stupid on what makes a compelling thriller narrative.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

TheBigAristotle posted:

If James Spader did a Sandler film I honestly wouldn't know how to feel. My love for Alan Shore is strong

Adam Sander in talks to remake Crash (the sex in car crashes one, not the racism-is-bad one) but this time as a comedy

Actually i'm not sure which would be worse, Sandler remaking Crash as a comedy or trying to do it seriously

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That Demolition Man review is weird. Rich complains that the title has nothing to do with the movie, despite the fact that the movie is about Sylvester Stallone interacting with and in doing so demolishing the future world. And they both complain about the Taco Bell stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've become more and more convinced Taco Bell would win the fast food wars. It's the best.

I was surprised they thought McDonald's would just waltz on through. They are on a huge decline and have been for a long time. McDonalds is so desperate they broke the emergency glass case of "all day breakfast" and it only provided temporary gains. Their reputation is in the toilet and no one actually likes their food. They just go there cause it's closest.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How long until they do all year shamrock shakes

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Who the gently caress actually likes the Shamrock shake? What they really need to do is the all year McRib.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's just a vanilla shake with peppermint. It's good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

parallelodad posted:

I've become more and more convinced Taco Bell would win the fast food wars. It's the best.

I was surprised they thought McDonald's would just waltz on through. They are on a huge decline and have been for a long time. McDonalds is so desperate they broke the emergency glass case of "all day breakfast" and it only provided temporary gains. Their reputation is in the toilet and no one actually likes their food. They just go there cause it's closest.

McDonalds in the franchise wars would be much like Britain in WW2. They'd survive, but they'd no longer be considered a superpower by the end of it.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I rather liked the Taco Bell product placement in Demolition Man. It was just so ridiculous and over the top it worked out to be a pretty funny gag. Stallone plays it perfectly with his reactions every time and Sandra sells the normality of everything.

I wish there were more movies like this as they are just so drat fun violence. gently caress some master plan, just have assholes go at it full of crazy pills.

And no the Expendable don't count as they suck balls on every level and aren't remotely fun. I have no idea what the gently caress Stallone was thinking when he made those.

I have never eaten Taco Bell and I never will god willing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who let jack and rich talk about a movie

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Taco Bell is honestly the second best nation-wide fast food chain and anybody that thinks differently needed more spankings growing up

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trunko posted:

Taco Bell is honestly the second best nation-wide fast food chain and anybody that thinks differently needed more spankings growing up

What's number one?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Wendy's but that goes without saying g

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The best fast food is the food you make urself.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I take forever to make food because I'm meticulous about not making a mess.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
endless trash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Marvel Trash is high quality. It tastes like they know what they're doing.

naem
May 29, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Who let jack and rich talk about a movie

It was really good, it was mike and jay good

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I despise this.

naem
May 29, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I despise this.

Uh, yeah it looks awesome?

Also kate blanchette is still way at the top of my boner list

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thor 2 is the only marvel movie i've ever turned off out of sheer boredom, it loving sucks mega dick. the trailer for this new one looks fine, the usual generic marvel crap but nowhere near as bad as anything DC will poo poo out this year.
i wonder how long before we get a recut Wonder Woman trailer in reaction

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I want to find the guy who decided that hitching an entire mutli-billion dollar movie franchise on the skills of Cinematic Terrorist Zack Snyder was a good idea and get my hands on some of the cocaine he was snorting at the time, because drat

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Thor will fight Hulk! Who do you think will win? It's going to be EPIC!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i wonder how long before we get a recut Wonder Woman trailer in reaction

The Wonder Woman trailer recut with Another One Bites the Dust and California Dreamin' and a bunch of quippy one-liners by the side characters shot at the last second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember when Thor fought Iron Man? It's going to be like that, but only more EPIC!

• Locked thread