Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Then call it like a half end or whatever weird rear end positions they had in the 1920s where shula gets his inspiration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Josh Dobbs is gonna go within the first 100 picks and have a successful NFL career.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Tyus Bowser LB from Houston is interesting. This is from a Lions' writer who uses his own system similar to mockdraftable (higher # = better):
https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/850103413140590593

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Josh Dobbs is gonna go within the first 100 picks and have a successful NFL career.

I love the guy but lol

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Joey Freshwater posted:

I love the guy but lol

He is the only guy I have heard of who passes the "Parcells Test" for drafting a QB in this class, so maybe.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly surprised he wound up going to the draft instead of going to build rockets and poo poo. I hope he does well but I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm honestly surprised he wound up going to the draft instead of going to build rockets and poo poo. I hope he does well but I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

He can always do that later. Go try out the NFL for a couple years and get paid some money, if he washes out he gets to go to NASA. Not a bad deal.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i would literally rather the panthers pick mitch trubisky than dalvin cook

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
my final KC draft board for the 1st round

1. Haason Reddick
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. best QB available

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a hard on for all the skill positions in this draft blowing up for the Chiefs but I really do think it is trending that they are going to get extreme pressure to take a QB. Mahomes or nothing in my opinion.

edit: also Mel thinks Reddick won't slip past 11 so keep dreaming.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

He can always do that later. Go try out the NFL for a couple years and get paid some money, if he washes out he gets to go to NASA. Not a bad deal.

Assuming he doesn't get his brains scrambled in the process. It's not like he couldn't make good money working for NASA or Pratt & Whitney, who he's interned for the past couple years.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So does the 49ers losing Brock mean they're more likely to pick Lattimore at number 2?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

zimbomonkey posted:

So does the 49ers losing Brock mean they're more likely to pick Lattimore at number 2?

Or Hooker, and keep Ward at corner. Almost certainly a DB from Ohio State at this point, yes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did we talk about this? Something to add to the weird things teams ask prospects to do file if not. D2 (Kutztown?) OL guy who I guess is expected to go in the mid rounds Jordan Morgan:

quote:

"They were just getting to know me and what I knew about football," Morgan said. "The strangest thing I had asked of me at the combine was how long I could have my eyes open in a staring contest. I thought it was weird, but it's one of those things you don't question on the spot.

"I didn't blink at all. He told me I could stare at anything. I just focused on a water bottle. I don't know how long it was, but it was pretty long. My eyes were fogging up. I couldn't see after. He was just like, 'I got what I need. You can stop now.'"

Now there's some useful info to get about a guy.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Sounds like one of those generic questions that just get asked to see if the dude will do it without questioning the reason

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I have a hard on for all the skill positions in this draft blowing up for the Chiefs but I really do think it is trending that they are going to get extreme pressure to take a QB. Mahomes or nothing in my opinion.

edit: also Mel thinks Reddick won't slip past 11 so keep dreaming.
I think the furthest Reddick makes it will be to the Colts. McCaffrey will also be gone and would be somewhat redundant here.

I'd be fine with Mahomes, Trubisky (prob not likely, but this class is so hard to determine) or Kizer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/joe_w_dolphins/status/850735981896531968

https://twitter.com/joe_w_dolphins/status/850736115946487808

This guy posts this every year. Highlighted players are guys Miami has visited with. In years past Miami drafts highlighted names more than 50% of the time so this gives you a good idea of who we're probably gonna draft.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I bet you could build a semi-decent mock if you tracked all the player visits. I know that the Giants almost exclusively pick guys they had in for a visit.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Giants are one of the easier teams to peg because they always tip their loving hand to their beat writers several days prior.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

corn on the cop posted:

The Giants are one of the easier teams to peg because they always tip their loving hand to their beat writers several days prior.

We knew about the Eli Apple rumors a week before the draft but I was in complete denial

Also, for instance, our dumb rear end GM has pretty much let everyone know we're targeting Zach Cunningham.

Doltos fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 9, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

I bet you could build a semi-decent mock if you tracked all the player visits. I know that the Giants almost exclusively pick guys they had in for a visit.

Yeah I was thinking most teams are probably similar to Miami with regard to drafting players who visited.

I don't know of any place you can easily get that info, unfortunately. This guy puts together his info through various beat reports and whatnot.

That would be a cool experiment to try one year.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

100%, and it makes 0 sense to me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SECbooger/status/851452489337581569

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

NO ONE CAME TO HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY DON'T DRAFT HIM

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

NO ONE CAME TO HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY DON'T DRAFT HIM

"Okay, we need something that makes Bo look like he has off-field issues, but without turning him into a scumbag"

To be fair the movie was probably an accurate look into how bad front offices evaluate players.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
"He has an ugly girlfriend" has literally been a knock against players before.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

I think the furthest Reddick makes it will be to the Colts. McCaffrey will also be gone and would be somewhat redundant here.

I'd be fine with Mahomes, Trubisky (prob not likely, but this class is so hard to determine) or Kizer.

There was a guy from Pro Football Focus on the radio that said the Chiefs won't draft Kizer because of his inaccuracy in short routes which is like our whole offense.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hope Garrett's one of those guys who completely gets thrown off his game due to poo poo talk like Ryan Leaf

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

I said a dumb thing about Wilfork's wife and then someone showed me the article about them as a couple and I felt really bad.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

I hope Garrett's one of those guys who completely gets thrown off his game due to poo poo talk like Ryan Leaf

I think there were some other things that were working against Ryan Leaf, weren't there?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

I remember it being a thing in moneyball and they had irl scouts at their round table so it doesnt surprise me.

Best way to know if the Panthers are going to draft someone is if something leaks about a prospect theyve been linked with.

The leaks about a possible heart issue with Star - panthers doctor did the eval.
Kelvin being late to a meeting with a team - it was carolina and it was false.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
What a great franchise run by great people

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kelvin was just late because the line at the golden corral chocolate fountain was really long. he explained it was just a misunderstanding.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_Draft/status/851882942615998465

https://twitter.com/LukeEasterling/status/851887776677203970

lol

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

oh god drat it Gettleman will totally trade up to 2 for Fournette if he thinks that's what he has to do to get him

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Yeah I was thinking most teams are probably similar to Miami with regard to drafting players who visited.

I don't know of any place you can easily get that info, unfortunately. This guy puts together his info through various beat reports and whatnot.

That would be a cool experiment to try one year.

Going back to this the Chiefs have met with just about every draftable quarterback in the first 3 rounds (and some who probably won't go that high like Josh Dobbs) in their 30 official visits. The only one they haven't met with is Davis Webb I think.

It may not be first round but it seems like they're definitely drafting someone this year.

e: Oops forgot to mention the reason I thought of this, they brought in Chad Kelly for a visit who I pretty much do not want at all unless he's still around in the 5th or 6th round after they whiff on everyone else.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 11, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Going back to this the Chiefs have met with just about every draftable quarterback in the first 3 rounds (and some who probably won't go that high like Josh Dobbs) in their 30 official visits. The only one they haven't met with is Davis Webb I think.

It may not be first round but it seems like they're definitely drafting someone this year.

e: Oops forgot to mention the reason I thought of this, they brought in Chad Kelly for a visit who I pretty much do not want at all unless he's still around in the 5th or 6th round after they whiff on everyone else.
I think you could make a case for the Chiefs doubling up on QB. They could also stand to do better than Tyler Bray at back up, who will be a FA next season.

Take Kelly in the late 6th and stash him on the IR for 2017.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah if they keep all 10 picks and get Mahomes in the first somehow then I think using one of the other picks on QB as well is completely plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I really have no clue where any QB is going this draft. My gut keeps telling me Kaaya and Kizer are the two most legitimate QB prospects but watch Kaaya fall to the third and Kizer go as the third QB or something behind Webb and Watson.

• Locked thread