Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Baronjutter posted:

Thanks, also your mod looks cool and is akin to the sort of projects I wanted to do. What does an urban world do?

I haven't settled the exact details yet, but basically, the planet will get a modifier that gives a significant boost to energy credits, science, and unity, a moderate penalty to mineral production, and a severe penalty to food production. I may also increase the food consumption of pops on the planet, so that food basically has to be shipped in from other planets.

Here are all of the various modifiers that may or may not be involved, depending on what I decide to do.
code:
tile_resource_energy_mult =
tile_resource_minerals_mult =
tile_resource_food_mult =
tile_resource_unity_mult =
tile_resource_physics_research_mult =
tile_resource_society_research_mult =
tile_resource_engineering_research_mult =

planet_migration_all_pull =
planet_building_cost_mult =

pop_consumer_goods_mult =
pop_food_req_mult =
pop_happiness =
pop_environment_tolerance =
pop_growth_req_mult =
pop_government_ethic_attraction =
I already posted a work-in-progress picture of the planet itself here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806554&userid=189157#post471054273

VirtualStranger fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilliman
Apr 5, 2017

Animal went forth into the future and made worlds in his own image. And it was wild.
Uh I am losing my mind.

I'm missing something really dumb here but does anyone know how I can do the following as a gamestart event:

Check every solar system
if it has a star with the has_star_tag = sol
do every planet and clear modifiers.

I have tried numerous ways based on already existing events. I'm really dumb because I think I'm misusing the any_planet any_solar_system scopes.

the last thing I tried:
code:
	immediate = {
		if = {
			limit = { any_system = { has_star_flag = sol } }
			any_planet = {
				if = {
					limit = { has_modifier = mineral_rich_2 }
					remove_modifier = mineral_rich_2
				}
			}
		}
	}
I've tried a mix of every_planet -> solar sytem -> any_planet and nothing seems to work.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is there a console command to add/remove ascendency perks? I grabbed the wrong one somehow. Tried to edit the saved game but I just get a BROKEN SAVED GAME at the top of the list instead.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

Guilliman posted:

Uh I am losing my mind.

I'm missing something really dumb here but does anyone know how I can do the following as a gamestart event:

Check every solar system
if it has a star with the has_star_tag = sol
do every planet and clear modifiers.

I have tried numerous ways based on already existing events. I'm really dumb because I think I'm misusing the any_planet any_solar_system scopes.

the last thing I tried:
code:
	immediate = {
		if = {
			limit = { any_system = { has_star_flag = sol } }
			any_planet = {
				if = {
				}
			}
		}
	}
I've tried a mix of every_planet -> solar sytem -> any_planet and nothing seems to work.

You could go into the "prescripted_species_systems.txt" file and add
code:
modifiers = none
to every object in the Sol System.

Guilliman
Apr 5, 2017

Animal went forth into the future and made worlds in his own image. And it was wild.

VirtualStranger posted:

You could go into the "prescripted_species_systems.txt" file and add
code:
modifiers = none
to every object in the Sol System.

The problem is I want to overwrite as few vanilla files as possible. Plus I want to keep specific modifiers and remove any that don't make sense.

This works but it's a real roundabout inefficient way to do it:
code:
	immediate = {
		every_planet = {
			limit = { 
				if = {
					solar_system = { has_star_flag = sol }
				}
			}
			if = {
			}
		}
	}

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

VirtualStranger posted:

I haven't settled the exact details yet, but basically, the planet will get a modifier that gives a significant boost to energy credits, science, and unity, a moderate penalty to mineral production, and a severe penalty to food production. I may also increase the food consumption of pops on the planet, so that food basically has to be shipped in from other planets.

Here are all of the various modifiers that may or may not be involved, depending on what I decide to do.
code:
tile_resource_energy_mult =
tile_resource_minerals_mult =
tile_resource_food_mult =
tile_resource_unity_mult =
tile_resource_physics_research_mult =
tile_resource_society_research_mult =
tile_resource_engineering_research_mult =

planet_migration_all_pull =
planet_building_cost_mult =

pop_consumer_goods_mult =
pop_food_req_mult =
pop_happiness =
pop_environment_tolerance =
pop_growth_req_mult =
pop_government_ethic_attraction =
I already posted a work-in-progress picture of the planet itself here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806554&userid=189157#post471054273

Thats a cool idea to sort of work-around representing the planet having a way higher population and productivity by increasing food consumption. Is that possible? Would probably want to do the same for robot upkeep. So you get something like double the production but also double the upkeep/food.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is there a console command to add/remove ascendency perks? I grabbed the wrong one somehow. Tried to edit the saved game but I just get a BROKEN SAVED GAME at the top of the list instead.

There probably is but no one has updated the wiki yet for Banks/Utopia.

I'd definitely do that with save editing - be sure to use something more like wordpad or notepad++ or similar to preserve the line endings.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Man. I think the selected lineages/capacity boosters weighting needs a once-over. I've been pouring everything into society research because I've got an Imperatrix getting up in years I really don't want to die, and these weights don't make sense at all.
code:
	weight_modifier = {
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.50
			NOR = {
				research_leader = {
					area = society
					has_trait = "leader_trait_expertise_biology"
				}
				research_leader = {
					area = society
					has_trait = "leader_trait_curator"
				}
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0
			OR = {
				has_ethic = "ethic_egalitarian"
				has_ethic = "ethic_fanatic_egalitarian"
			}	
		}		
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			has_ethic = ethic_authoritarian
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.25
			has_ethic = ethic_fanatic_authoritarian
		}			
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.50
			research_leader = {
				area = society
				has_trait = "leader_trait_spark_of_genius"
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.50
			OR = {
				has_ethic = ethic_egalitarian
				has_ethic = ethic_fanatic_egalitarian
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.10
			OR = {
				has_ethic = ethic_authoritarian
				has_ethic = ethic_fanatic_authoritarian
			}
		}
	}
Particularly, 0 weight modifier for egalitarians, followed by *1.5 weight modifier for egalitarians. And then, annoyingly for me, a weight increase for authoritarian followed by a decrease to 10% for authoritarian. Seems like something left over after the change from individualism to egalitarianism.

Also, based on my experiences, I'm not sure that governing ethics attraction really does anything anymore. Even with a shitton of it on my homeworld my pops there still gladly flip to other ideologies.

Guilliman posted:

The problem is I want to overwrite as few vanilla files as possible. Plus I want to keep specific modifiers and remove any that don't make sense.

This works but it's a real roundabout inefficient way to do it:
code:
	immediate = {
		every_planet = {
			limit = { 
				if = {
					solar_system = { has_star_flag = sol }
				}
			}
			if = {
			}
		}
	}

You shouldn't need the if lines for the removal of modifiers - just use remove_modifier. If the modifier isn't there, it doesn't do anything.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 10, 2017

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

ulmont posted:

There probably is but no one has updated the wiki yet for Banks/Utopia.

I had a quick look and there are no tab-complete options for "add" or "remove" that fit. There may be something else, but I can't think off the top of my head what it would start with.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Thats a cool idea to sort of work-around representing the planet having a way higher population and productivity by increasing food consumption. Is that possible? Would probably want to do the same for robot upkeep. So you get something like double the production but also double the upkeep/food.

That was actually sort of the idea. It's a roundabout way to get around the game's 25 tile cap on planets by making a single pop on the planet represent multiple pops.

Now that 1.5 is out, I also thought of increasing the amount of consumer goods that each pop on the planet consumes in addition to food.

I never actually thought of the robot upkeep thing. I'll have to track down that multiplier.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GotLag posted:

There's a tool for nabbing specific systems, it's called a "frontier outpost".

That's kind of silly though when the specific system is on the edge of one of your existing planets and you're claiming a massive swathe of useless poo poo with your border push instead of this one actually useful system that's along your FTL path.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

VirtualStranger posted:

That was actually sort of the idea. It's a roundabout way to get around the game's 25 tile cap on planets by making a single pop on the planet represent multiple pops.

Now that 1.5 is out, I also thought of increasing the amount of consumer goods that each pop on the planet consumes in addition to food.

I never actually thought of the robot upkeep thing. I'll have to track down that multiplier.

I'd keep minerals and food production just the same though, not a penalty. The penalty is not using the land optimally to take advantage of the city world bonuses. That mine or farm is still producing the same, but you're paying more upkeep for the people doing the work without getting a bonus, that's more than enough reason to replace them with power plants or labs.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
If it's a contested border you're not getting much beyond the outposted system, and if it's not contested why wouldn't you want the extra territory?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Soooo, I put my slaves on birth control but their partially grown child pops still hang around like a bad pierogi on a plate. Is this WAD? Do I have to live with a wasted tile on every planet forever?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

When is the ETA for the post-patch bugfixes

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

ZypherIM posted:

Cool diplomacy request: I'd like to be able to ask someone to close their borders to another empire. If I could isolate people from some of their allies by getting third parties to just say "you can't come through" it'd be really handy.

Edit: weird on your relations numbers. Mine for the holy guardians are -40 for materialistic fools and -60 for soulless machines.

No, you're right. I also have -40 for Materialistic Fools and -60 for Soulless Machines. I do have +15 for Charismatic Ruler though, which keeps my relations at -85.

Which is strange. Because I just realized that even though I went full synth, my ruler is still a space gecko (with Charismatic).

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Going into Stellaris on my laptop I'm reminded that the Empires made on my PC and Laptop don't get transferred between each other through the cloud like the saves. Is there an option I'm missing to make that happen, or would that have to be a potential future update?

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I'd keep minerals and food production just the same though, not a penalty. The penalty is not using the land optimally to take advantage of the city world bonuses. That mine or farm is still producing the same, but you're paying more upkeep for the people doing the work without getting a bonus, that's more than enough reason to replace them with power plants or labs.

That's probably a good idea.

One thing I have to keep in mind is that I don't want to make this one planet modifier do too many things at once. I have to keep it somewhat simple.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Vadoc posted:

Going into Stellaris on my laptop I'm reminded that the Empires made on my PC and Laptop don't get transferred between each other through the cloud like the saves. Is there an option I'm missing to make that happen, or would that have to be a potential future update?

You have to toggle cloud saves on a per-game basis. Once you do it should sync up.

Unrelated edit: there absolutely should be diplomacy options of "break treaty/make treaty with 3rd party empire". Also not being able to transfer just one planet in a system is frustrating; I had a slave pop offer to join my empire but they're deep in their former masters' territory. Later that game my allies and I liberated the homeworld of the slave pop, but because the world I'd gained was still a contested system, I couldn't transfer it to them.

The Muffinlord fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 10, 2017

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

The saves are there, but I meant when we create an Empire and have it in the Empire list to select from when starting a new game.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Fellblade posted:

No matter who I play I seem to get the same result, played one race a few times and got killed by my premade fanatic purifiers 3 times. Then decided to make some tech focused birds to try and get ahead in weapons instead of numbers, then got killed by my former race from the previous game.

Started a new game trying to go for the cool shroud stuff that's been mentioned, this time the same former race attacked me with double the fleet strength (I had 500, they had over 1k) despite me only spending money on ships since I discovered them. I was desperately trying to get a defensive pact with two other empires but no dice before the war.

This was at 2230, is there a guideline on rough fleet strengths you need to have by certain points (I guess 1k)? I was only making like +10 minerals a turn so that seems really tough without playing a mineral focused empire.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Try to keep capped out on fleet after the first colony or so. Keeps you from meeting a fanatic xenophobic militarist who pushes your poo poo in while you're desperately building your navy.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Um, is anyone else getting a bug whereby if you have auto-upgrade switched on all ships get upgrades as soon as a tech is discovered without you having to manually upgrade them?

Because that's incredibly broken if so.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

The Muffinlord posted:

Unrelated edit: there absolutely should be diplomacy options of "break treaty/make treaty with 3rd party empire". Also not being able to transfer just one planet in a system is frustrating; I had a slave pop offer to join my empire but they're deep in their former masters' territory. Later that game my allies and I liberated the homeworld of the slave pop, but because the world I'd gained was still a contested system, I couldn't transfer it to them.

I had a similar problem when I had a world in a contested system, I was unable to give it away via trade. There is a solution using the console, if you're interested:
  1. Enter debugtooltip in console to turn on, well, debug tooltips.
  2. Mouse over the territory (or flag icon) of the empire you want the planet to go to, and take note of the Index, in this example 35
  3. Type play 35 in console, this will switch you to controlling the selected empire
  4. Mouse over the planet you want to transfer, and note the ID, in this example 1102
  5. Type own 1102 to take over the planet in your current empire's name
  6. Type play 0 to return to controlling your empire (in singleplayer, the player empire is always index 0)
  7. Type debugtooltip once more to turn it off

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hey can having a Curator scientist spawn the Psionics theory technology? ive tried it for like 4 technologies and now i have doubts.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I could be wrong but as far as I know they'll only increase the drop chance if their specialty is psionics.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think curators function basically to remove the chance restrictors on every rare tech, including psionics, but obviously with Utopia that may have changed.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

OwlFancier posted:

I think curators function basically to remove the chance restrictors on every rare tech, including psionics, but obviously with Utopia that may have changed.

If I remember what Wiz wrote right:

1. With Utopia, you either have Spiritualist or you can't get Psionics, period.

2. With just Banks, you can still get Psionics with maniacs, psionic researchers, or Curators.

EDIT: I was wrong.

quote:

Psionics
First, before we start digging into the way psionics will work Utopia, we should clarify that we are not removing any features from the free version of the game. If you have the Banks update but do not own Utopia, psionics will continue to work the same way they currently do: As technologies that you unlock. The only difference is that psionics can now only be researched by Spiritualist empires, though it is entirely possible for an empire that does not start out as Spiritualist to acquire psionics by shifting their empire ethics to Spiritualist over the course of the game, and once you start down the Psionic path it is possible to continue along it even if you stop being Spiritualist. This Spiritualist requirement applies whether or not you own Utopia.

If you *do* own the Utopia expansion, most of the psionic features will no longer appear as technologies. Only Psionic Theory, the very first psionic tech, is still researchable. To get access to the rest of the psionic path you will need to pick the 'Mind over Matter' Ascension Perk to start your empire on the Psionic Ascension Path. Picking this Ascension Perk will unlock latent psionic abilities among your primary species. A certain percentage of your leaders will have the 'Psychic' trait that grants a variety of advantages for the different leader classes, you will get access to Psionic Armies and also the special Psi Corps building. As with all Ascension Paths, you will need to have at least two Ascension Perk slots unlocked to pick 'Mind over Matter'.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-60-psionics-and-the-shroud.998827/

ulmont fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 10, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wiz mentioned a new project lead on twitter for the next patch. Does this mean wiz isn't the space-boss anymore or it's just for this patch or I don't know what any of their titles really mean?

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Baronjutter posted:

Wiz mentioned a new project lead on twitter for the next patch. Does this mean wiz isn't the space-boss anymore or it's just for this patch or I don't know what any of their titles really mean?

Wiz posted:

Yes, I've never been Project Lead for Stellaris. We have three leadership positions in each team: Game Director is creative lead, Project Lead is production lead, Technical Lead is... technical lead.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

ulmont posted:

If I remember what Wiz wrote right:

1. With Utopia, you either have Spiritualist or you can't get Psionics, period.

2. With just Banks, you can still get Psionics with maniacs, psionic researchers, or Curators.

EDIT: I was wrong.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-60-psionics-and-the-shroud.998827/

Aww man I dont wanna be all spiritual. My space goats like to materialist it all up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hihohe posted:

Aww man I dont wanna be all spiritual. My space goats like to materialist it all up.

One of the promoters of materialism is having "natural scientist pops in empire" which means if you pick a natural proficiency for a science field, you should be able to get some ethical push towards that even in a spiritualist empire, which then means you should be able to foster a faction which promotes materialism and shift your culture over to that after getting psionics.

Note however that researching psionic tech also gives your empire a spiritualist bias, so you may have a lot of trouble with spiritualist factions if you try to make an officially materialist psychic empire. Having literal magic powers and talking to godlike spirits in the netherworld kind of makes people embrace the esoteric, turns out.

On a not very related note, I intended to do some 40k shenanigans but, well, the Worm came calling, so now my "humans" look like moon men, are latent psionics, and gained the very intelligent trait. Guess I'm going full extradimensional horror this game.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 10, 2017

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I've been lost in space ever since Utopia came out, something along the lines of 30 hours in already. Had to catch up on the thread.

Discovered that I can win a domination game by building a million habitats. Materialism works!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Luigi Thirty posted:

Add yes, remove no.

activate_ascention_perk [id] - IDs don't show up in debug tooltips but can be found in \Stellaris\common\ascension_perks\00_ascension_perks.txt and are of the format ap_perk_name, eg ap_galactic_force_projection

There's also the command activate_tradition and while it works, the traditions GUI does not appear to update correctly. It may be easier to use the unity [amount] command to just give yourself unity points and unlock stuff that way.

GotLag fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 10, 2017

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Aethernet posted:

Um, is anyone else getting a bug whereby if you have auto-upgrade switched on all ships get upgrades as soon as a tech is discovered without you having to manually upgrade them?

Because that's incredibly broken if so.

I was coming here to post this. Also I don't think it charged me either. It just updates the design and upgrades the ships.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Hive mind of bugs loving rules, eating everyone is hilarious. :black101:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Hihohe posted:

Honestly, yeah.

Going back to the whole 'Distinct Paths' bit, I get it, and I agree, if you go after Psionics, you shouldn't be able to have robots and vice versa, you don't want everyone being everything. I get it. That said, I would like different flavors of the ascendancy paths, as others have said, Materialists looking at the Shroud as a thing to study is very intriguing, as well as Spiritualists going for a 'machine enlightenment,' et cetera. What's more I think you can still do that without giving up the distinct paths. You'd just have to lock off certain techs if you research other techs. I.E. if you start down the Psionics path, robotics just doesn't show up for you, and vice versa.

So, mutually exclusive, but not tied to Ethos. So you can still get them while being the empire you want to play as, not as the one the game wants you to play as.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 10, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BenRGamer posted:

Honestly, yeah.

Going back to the whole 'Distinct Paths' bit, I get it, and I agree, if you go after Psionics, you shouldn't be able to have robots and vice versa, you don't want everyone being everything. I get it. That said, I would like different flavors of the ascendancy paths, as others have said, Materialists looking at the Shroud as a thing to study is very intriguing, as well as Spiritualists going for a 'machine enlightenment,' et cetera. What's more I think you can still do that without giving up the distinct paths. You'd just have to lock off certain techs if you research other techs. I.E. if you start down the Psionics path, robotics just doesn't show up for you, and vice versa.

The ascendency paths already lock each other out so you probably could decouple it from ethics too. Same reason I wish purifiers were less ethics locked.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Fellblade posted:

Started a new game trying to go for the cool shroud stuff that's been mentioned, this time the same former race attacked me with double the fleet strength (I had 500, they had over 1k) despite me only spending money on ships since I discovered them. I was desperately trying to get a defensive pact with two other empires but no dice before the war.

This was at 2230, is there a guideline on rough fleet strengths you need to have by certain points (I guess 1k)? I was only making like +10 minerals a turn so that seems really tough without playing a mineral focused empire.

Even when focusing on other stuff remember you need a solid base to start off of. Going for cool shroud stuff shouldn't mean you're forsaking your mineral income, especially early game. If you're expecting a war despite that, you can try dropping a station by a planet you expect them to attack. Station+shipyard+your fleet should be able to handle an early attack unless you've been completely skimping (if you have the tech and are desperate throwing the sync defenses module on is another thing you can do).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

OwlFancier posted:

The ascendency paths already lock each other out so you probably could decouple it from ethics too. Same reason I wish purifiers were less ethics locked.

I'm pretty sure the only reason it's tied to ethics in the first place is that they explicitly want robots and psionics mutually exclusive--hence spiritualists being 'outlaw robots.'

I just think you can do that without tying it to ethics.

• Locked thread