Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Reality TV show President, circus-act citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Quoting myself, because lol

https://twitter.com/PRWeekUS/status/842484619744178176

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

i'm not trying to defend United or the practice of overbooking but if the dude refuses to get off what are they to do

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Keep asking more dudes, and offering bigger incentives.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i'm not trying to defend United or the practice of overbooking but if the dude refuses to get off what are they to do

Not drag a bloodied man off an airplane.

There is a peaceful, reasonable solution here that went over the heads of everyone involved. Make a better offer to get someone off the flight.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
If I get bumped before boarding, I won't be happy, but that's the way to goes.

If I'm on the flight and I'm told I have to leave because they need to deadhead staff, or because they don't have enough seats for a priority passenger, they can drag me from seat kicking and screaming like a 2 year old.

HOT TAKE: Maybe Airlines have a responsibility to treat passengers with a little bit of respect.

Also I'm pretty sure the dude was a doctor that had surgeries scheduled for the AM?
Not sure if that means much, but maybe it should?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bengy81 posted:

HOT TAKE: Maybe Airlines have a responsibility to treat passengers with a little bit of respect.

As in life, if you're not first class you don't get poo poo from corporations unless they gently caress up visibly in public and there's a lot of outrage. Otherwise you're just so much luggage.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It shouldn't mean anything. That sets a precedent that some passengers have more incentive to be there than others. A paid ticket is a paid ticket.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

bengy81 posted:

Also I'm pretty sure the dude was a doctor that had surgeries scheduled for the AM?
Not sure if that means much, but maybe it should?

How poor were the patients?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I know how things should work, but this is America. Where corporations are people, politicians are corrupt as gently caress and held by the purse strings of corporations, nothing loving matters and gently caress the poor.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Welp, once again:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/851495592140447752

:smith:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Word is it was a murder-suicide so don't expect a big body count

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

New CA gun legislation in 3...2...1...:shepicide:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Word is it was a murder-suicide so don't expect a big body count

Yeah, sounds like 4 being treated plus the shooter. So while still bad, it could be so much worse.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

New CA gun legislation in 3...2...1...:shepicide:

No thread, pull up.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Laranzu posted:

No thread, pull up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HFc6x_AtWs

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Mike-o posted:

I know how things should work, but this is America. Where corporations are people, politicians are corrupt as gently caress and held by the purse strings of corporations, nothing loving matters and gently caress the poor.

EDIT: how the gently caress did I end up quoting that post? Brb committing seppuku and leaving this as evidence of my idiocy

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 10, 2017

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

So apparently Dickhair was spared the Magic Needle, I guess it was to spite him since that poor son of a bitch seemed to really want a ticket off this shitheap?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Actually wait a minute. If they just wanted room to fly some employees they were not actually overbooked.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
United is just acting Presidential imo.

There's actually zero sarcasm in that statement. 2017 rules.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If they would've stretched to an even g, first class next day and a hotel you'd have to fight me not to get off that flight.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

not caring here posted:

If they would've stretched to an even g, first class next day and a hotel you'd have to fight me not to get off that flight.

There's a point in which one passenger would have given up his seat. That point is where the hassle of having to stay one more day and having to readjust your week and loving with security again is outweighed by the reward of giving up that flight. United low balled the people on the Plane, didn't decide to up the offer, and got burned for it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

KildarX posted:

Oh well that's dumb. Why not throw fabulous riches at the Passengers. Refund + first class +....

And have a filthy poor next to the moneyed passengers? No way, be grateful we don't shove you in the cargo hold.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://twitter.com/KThomasDC/status/851512728766251009

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The failing New York Times won three Pulitzers.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Coffeehitler posted:

Yeah, sounds like 4 being treated plus the shooter. So while still bad, it could be so much worse.

It's telling how all my older coworkers and family are still shocked by these things while having grown up in the post columbine era everyone ~30 and under is just like wow 4 people shot in an elementary school this dudes KDR sucks.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
poo poo, I was in 9th or 10th grade when Columbine happened so its more that I've gotten to the point where its "gently caress, that sucks but that rear end in a top hat is really under-achieving".

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
You should be able to get a licence to conceal carry in all public places.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cowboy elvis posted:

The failing New York Times won three Pulitzers.

That just proves how corrupt the New York Times is! :bahgawd:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:toot:

https://twitter.com/PulitzerPrize/status/851511759135440896

Fahrenthold tore Donnie apart for his bullshit foundation and broke the access Hollywood tape (which was really dropped in his lap).

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Deathy, please don't re-host my original shitposting on social media.

facialimpediment posted:

:toot:

https://twitter.com/PulitzerPrize/status/851511759135440896

Fahrenthold tore Donnie apart for his bullshit foundation and broke the access Hollywood tape (which was really dropped in his lap).

Owns

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

You should be able to get a licence to conceal carry in all public places.

It's "Who's the bad guy, the wacky new game show and you can play!"

https://twitter.com/JettGoldsmith/status/851524002312998913

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 10, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

Not drag a bloodied man off an airplane.

There is a peaceful, reasonable solution here that went over the heads of everyone involved. Make a better offer to get someone off the flight.

Or send the staff on a different plane.

I like how the CEO apologized for "reaccomodating" the passenger and not for calling the cops to drag him away

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Executive-level and PR statements are tone deaf for a reason. They're crafted in such a way to avoid implying you or the organization is legally to blame. They're annoyingly vague on purpose.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That is a pretty weak offer for their fuckup, yeah. I'm kinda surprised no one took it. Been a while since I went through security though...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Coffeehitler posted:

poo poo, I was in 9th or 10th grade when Columbine happened so its more that I've gotten to the point where its "gently caress, that sucks but that rear end in a top hat is really under-achieving".

I was a sophomore when Columbine happened. I'm also the rear end in a top hat that thought it would be funny to wear a heel length duster the next day. And then I was the rear end in a top hat without a school for the remainder of the year.

Man, people just didn't get humor back then.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That is a pretty weak offer for their fuckup, yeah. I'm kinda surprised no one took it. Been a while since I went through security though...

Even worse, supposedly the guy they assaulted was a doctor.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

so did they just draw straws or how did they decide on him

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cowboy elvis posted:

Executive-level and PR statements are tone deaf for a reason. They're crafted in such a way to avoid implying you or the organization is legally to blame. They're annoyingly vague on purpose.

Don't worry former CEO's can pick up the slack.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/10/united-is-being-immature-former-continental-ceo-gordon-bethune-says.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I love how the Airlines are like: "Well, our image was always in the shitter anyways, nothing of value has been lost."

• Locked thread