Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess everyone is saying those two are going to switch anyway, but this is also explicitly a pre-switch announcement, not an accidental early release of something. They could have just been choosing 2 random people to use as examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Yeah they're just blank slots. It's not like Tyson Kidd came out last week on Raw.

That being said, everyone, even people who don't read spoilers, knew that AJ was going to Raw. Charlotte was a likely candidate too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do like that AJ formally made peace with Shane and turned face before going to Raw. I have to admit I think it'd be the funniest poo poo ever if they made AJ's character "mad about going to Raw because Raw sucks" and I'd bet money they are. Also if that Trips stable is happening I'd be down for them vs. Face Club, tbh.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I do like that AJ formally made peace with Shane and turned face before going to Raw. I have to admit I think it'd be the funniest poo poo ever if they made AJ's character "mad about going to Raw because Raw sucks" and I'd bet money they are. Also if that Trips stable is happening I'd be down for them vs. Face Club, tbh.

I think face Gallows and Anderson would suck, but they've sucked the entire time in WWE so sure, I guess.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vaguido posted:

I think face Gallows and Anderson would suck, but they've sucked the entire time in WWE so sure, I guess.

I don't so much mean plucky faces, more "dudes who are funny with AJ and beat rear end". They have such good chemistry and AJ got over as a face for being an entertaining dick so roll with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hope the idea is that Shane's actually still a bitter dick about it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I hope the idea is that Shane's actually still a bitter dick about it.

That'd be good too although I don't know what the endgame would be. I like that both of SD's authority figures are faces.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That'd be good too although I don't know what the endgame would be. I like that both of SD's authority figures are faces.

Shane/Bryan in an unsanctioned match for the right to keep AJ Styles on Smackdown, to which AJ goes 'ah, y'know what Bryan, you're a nice guy, I don't wanna see you getting murdered, I'll just go to Raw. have a great day y'all'

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

AJ asking Shane to keep him on Smackdown Live and showing him respect was really weird and counterproductive to the idea of moving AJ so I don't know how they're going to write him over to Raw without Shane coming off as bitter dick, which is going to hurt his face credibility more than fighting the most over wrestler in the company in a wrestling match

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vaguido posted:

They might suck, but Tex Ferguson and Chadd 2 Badd on the other hand...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

They might suck, but Tex Ferguson and Chadd 2 Badd on the other hand...

Chadd 2 Badd will never turn face

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

I would love a Tex, Chadd and Nature Hoot stable

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

New Day puts them in the time machine and they come out the other side as the aforementioned stable - book it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vaguido posted:

AJ asking Shane to keep him on Smackdown Live and showing him respect was really weird and counterproductive to the idea of moving AJ so I don't know how they're going to write him over to Raw without Shane coming off as bitter dick, which is going to hurt his face credibility more than fighting the most over wrestler in the company in a wrestling match

We have no idea what the Superstar Shakeup even is. They've emphasized that it's not a draft, so it's unclear if the GM's even have any say over the switches. For all we know it's names in a drum or musical chairs (I hope it's musical chairs)

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hope it leads to a Balor Club vs. The Club club on a pole match for rights to the name Club.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Bigass Moth posted:

Hope it leads to a Balor Club vs. The Club club on a pole match for rights to the name Club.

The winner also gets a complimentary club sandwich.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Throwing AJ, Balor, and the Club together would probably get me to give RAW some time to turn me away again. Especially if they're going against some kind of Samoa Joe/Kevin Owens grouping (assuming they're still part of Triple H's crew).

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

STAC Goat posted:

Throwing AJ, Balor, and the Club together would probably get me to give RAW some time to turn me away again. Especially if they're going against some kind of Samoa Joe/Kevin Owens grouping (assuming they're still part of Triple H's crew).

Yeah if they make the club a thing on Raw I will tune in on the regular again to at least see where it goes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope the Superstar Shake-Up™ has lots of segments of Superstars™ looking at TVs then being angry/happy that they are being shaken up!

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Crews to Raw just announced by wwe.com video.

Tweet from @WWE: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/851534578288279552

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Apollo Crews was on Smackdown?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I forgot he was on Smackdown.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Can he pass for a "cruiserweight"? Because that would seem to give him some purpose.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Can he pass for a "cruiserweight"? Because that would seem to give him some purpose.

He's billed at 240 lbs.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Excited for 205+35 Live

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I was just trying to figure out a way he won't be totally wasted on RAW.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I was just trying to figure out a way he won't be totally wasted on RAW.

I wager something with Owens. Or Rusev, which is more of a waste of Rusev.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

He was already wasted on SD.

If that didn't already spell trouble, having his move be announced on their site and Twitter profile instead of the TV time they'll have to do moves sure doesn't help

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn't he go from wasted on RAW to wasted on SD? And he only really had a cup of coffee in NXT, right? So has there been any part of Uhaa Nation's WWE career worth going back and seeing?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Didn't he go from wasted on RAW to wasted on SD? And he was never really in NXT, right? So Uhaa Nation's entire run in WWE has been totally nothing, right?

wasn't his thing on the indies that he was a flippy guy, but then Vince called him up early b/c he's a big guy and he can do big guy stuff, or something like that?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've never seen a ton of him but my impression has always been that his real appeal is that he's a big guy who moves like a CW, but since WWE slows its CWs down it kind of just makes him a really flexible big guy who isn't THAT big compared to the real big guys.

Which is why I suggested the CW division since he kind of works the way Samoa Joe did in the X Division or Brian Cage does in Lucha Underground. A bruiser who can toss around CWs but still keep up with them.

But you're stuck with a weight limit, I guess.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he wasnt even in the andre battle royal lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

he wasnt even in the andre battle royal lol

Yes he was.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He was in it, it was just even more telling that he had so little to do barely anyone noticed he was there

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmmmmmmmmm I respect your right to believe that but I must decline

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

hmmmmmmmmm I respect your right to believe that but I must decline

Seriously he was.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously he was.

Fake news

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Speaking of, I skipped WM this year. Was there anything worth going back for? Didn't Mojo win that thing?

This is the wrong place to ask that question but it sorta came up so whatever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hm now that I think of it was there ever even an Apollo Crews

There sure is no nation named Uhaa in this encyclopedia I have

Curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Speaking of, I skipped WM this year. Was there anything worth going back for? Didn't Mojo win that thing?

This is the wrong place to ask that question but it sorta came up so whatever.

AJ vs. Shane

Raw Tag Team Championship ladder match

Goldberg vs. Brock