Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Eh, I don't think they continued to rough him up once they got him out of the seat. Still got his face bounced off an arm rest though. I'm sure he was no angel.

No one is saying he was an angel but the later videos where he's muttering "they'll kill me" as blood drips from his mouth suggests gross mishandling of the situation at best, potential unnecessary abuse at worst

We don't know for sure if they continued to rough him up (some accounts claim this), not yet anyways, but given how trigger-happy and violent American cops continue to prove themselves to be when under any sort of minor pressure or stress, I'm going to be very surprised if there was zero misconduct from leo

E: don't take my word for it, the clip was helpfully attached by the poster right before me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Heheh. Knockers.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

steinrokkan posted:

OK, only beaten sixth to death. I can't be certain of his starting HP pool, though.

Well we know that “life is cheap in the Orient”, and that doctors make a lot of money, so I think we can assume had a lot of HP.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
~police slam Veth into the floor~

"This is totally all right folks! I was in the wrong!

~slams him into the wall multiple times~

"Disregard this! I did not abide by the binding contract stated on my ticket!"

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
alright alright lets lay off Veth

we wouldn't want him to feel like he was unjustly and randomly targeted now would we?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj5TJ9k1rP8

Fish keeps filling in the hole the other fish is trying to dig out.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love the thought process of "Let me go through as many hoops as I can to suck off the multi-billion dollar company who is clearly in the wrong"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Because he didn't abide by the contract of carriage that was his ticket.

The worst sin

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Schadenfreude: Because he didn't abide by the contract of carriage that was his ticket.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The contract is wrote; unseal the vessel and allow it to be filled to the brim with succulent stock, each traveler perfectly ripe for the insatiable hunger of See-Ee-Oh, the United Lord. https://twitter.com/theJoshBanks/status/851564571701673990

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Veth posted:

This poo poo's not hard, folks:

1) Federal law says you do what the flight crew says or else.
2) Man is selected randomly to get bumped.
3) Man does not do what flight crew says.
4) Man gets removed from plane. See #1.
5) Everyone involved acted like shitheads.

I love it when the blue lives matter brigade shows up and slavishly licks cop jackboots on the internet

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Avenging_Mikon posted:

That statement is going to bite them in the rear end. You don't have to wait for your last paycheque to file wrongful termination.
I think the point they're making is that she hasn't been fired, is still an employee of TheBlaze, and is being paid, she's just not being allowed on air. The media has been reporting all over that she's been fired but, last I heard, TheBlaze is denying that. What I'm reading is that TheBlaze is asserting that she doesn't have anything in her contract that requires them to put her on air and that whatever they have her doing (likely nothing) is allowed within their contractual agreement so long as they pay her.

Serious dick move, but as Kesha's ongoing legal drama points out, corporations can be monumentally horrible and still be within their contractual rights.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Huggybear posted:

I love it when the blue lives matter brigade shows up and slavishly licks cop jackboots on the internet

I mean the airline cop has even been suspended. So they know they hosed up at least a little bit.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-united-drags-passenger-0411-biz-20170410-story.html

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
that's gonna really hurt the "victim is at fault" narrative that is being pushed around by several dedicated assholes all over the internet

oh who am i kidding, no it's not

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Oh hey, looks like it wasn't a random selection either:

quote:

At that point, United's contract of carriage says the airline can select passengers to bump to a later flight, based on a priority system that can take into account how much passengers paid, how often they fly, whether missing that flight could affect a connecting flight and how early they checked in. People with disabilities and unaccompanied minors are generally last to be bumped.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hanales posted:

I mean the airline cop has even been suspended. So they know they hosed up at least a little bit.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-united-drags-passenger-0411-biz-20170410-story.html

Bet those other people wished they stayed on too. Get some of that sweet "battered by corporate thugs" cash.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

At that point, United's contract of carriage says the airline can select passengers to bump to a later flight, based on a priority system that can take into account how much passengers paid, how often they fly, whether missing that flight could affect a connecting flight and how early they checked in. People with disabilities and unaccompanied minors are generally last to be bumped.

So United was trying to give him a disability so this wouldn't happen again in the future, is what you're saying

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Grey Fox posted:

Hey United, maybe you should recalibrate your priority system before giving the first “randomly selected” person a concussion.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Huggybear posted:

Wouldn't you agree that we are nation of laws?

(jk gently caress United!)

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Imagine defending a corporation over a person.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

XYZ posted:

Hey man corporations are people too

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

XYZ posted:

I would if the corporation was in the right. Luckily that hardly ever happens.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Hey, someone has to defend these poor, helpless corporations. It's not like they have armies of lawyers, PR firms, and the Supreme Court on their side.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Also gently caress the headlines; that CEO didn't apologize for poo poo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He's sorry someone filmed it.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He's sorry someone filmed it.

That person is the true criminal. Holding their phone vertically while filming video.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Grey Fox posted:

Also gently caress the headlines; that CEO didn't apologize for poo poo.

Yeah, that was a classic "I'm sorry you're mad" apology.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Master Twig posted:

That person is the true criminal. Holding their phone vertically while filming video.

Truly a back aching for the lash!

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

XYZ posted:

Imagine defending a corporation over a person human.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Keep sucking corporate dick, you guys, it's hilarious.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is anyone?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Schadenfreude Thread: A Lengthy Discussion About Things

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah

Huggybear posted:

There's something I've never been accused of, but ok, go for it.

It's an interesting time to have a show of civil disobedience, to say the least.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Veth posted:

There's something I've never been accused of, but ok, go for it.

It's an interesting time to have a show of civil disobedience, to say the least.

What's your opinion on civil disobedience? Should cops be full within their rights to beat the dogshit out of protesters sitting quietly say.....in a restaurant that won't serve them?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

This is loving great. Is that guy holding up a liquor store with a can of mace?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

This is loving great. Is that guy holding up a liquor store with a can of mace?

snub nose pistol? Dude in the blue coat is awesome.

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah

OldTennisCourt posted:

What's your opinion on civil disobedience? Should cops be full within their rights to beat the dogshit out of protesters sitting quietly say.....in a restaurant that won't serve them?

I have no problem with civil disobedience, but I'm also aware of context. Occupying a restaurant en masse to protest racial inequality is not the same as one dude refusing to leave an airplane to protest being inconvenienced.

I guess to be clear: the police shouldn't have beat the living poo poo out of him, United shouldn't have let people board without straightening this mess out beforehand, and this guy should have gotten off the plane like a grown up and bitched up a storm at the ticket agent.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Baseball cap man all afraid and trying to hide it by acting oh so casually at the end.

An excellent dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Veth posted:

I have no problem with civil disobedience, but I'm also aware of context. Occupying a restaurant en masse to protest racial inequality is not the same as one dude refusing to leave an airplane to protest being inconvenienced.

I guess to be clear: the police shouldn't have beat the living poo poo out of him, United shouldn't have let people board without straightening this mess out beforehand, and this guy should have gotten off the plane like a grown up and bitched up a storm at the ticket agent.

The truth...is in the middle!