Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I mean you had an extinction level event and there was only one dude in the entire world trying to figure out why it happened and how to fix it :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

When the zombie apocalypse happens for real im heading to Cheyenne Mountain or Mount Weather not the loving coast or Nebraska :psyduck:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I would enjoy a spin-off with JDM and how he came to be 'Negan'. I say that with sincerity - he was a gym teacher or something, right? That is way more interesting than this bullshit.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Orange Red Bull posted:

When the zombie apocalypse happens for real im heading to Cheyenne Mountain or Mount Weather not the loving coast or Nebraska :psyduck:

The premise is that those places are destroyed so not really sure what you'd do there.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Kelly posted:

I would enjoy a spin-off with JDM and how he came to be 'Negan'. I say that with sincerity - he was a gym teacher or something, right? That is way more interesting than this bullshit.

Maybe there will be flashbacks and such, isn't Neegan still around for next season?

in the comics he just hangs around imprisoned, even after baseball batting Glen and Abraham for some dumb as poo poo reason

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Instead of making Fear, they should have gone with a anthology format that follows different people and groups every episode or season. You can only develop the same group of characters so much, which leads things like the contrived pacifist-murderer swings we've seen in like 10 different characters. I assume I'm not the only one that wants to know how it started, if there are any remnants of government left, what kinds of societies have been built, etc.

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 10, 2017

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bates posted:

The premise is that those places are destroyed so not really sure what you'd do there.

Set up my own Ezekiel-style kingdom

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Senor Tron posted:

Remember when people cared about comic spoilers for this show?

I gave up reporting it as I cannot recall it ever being enforced.

Kelly posted:

The lower lumbar injury could take up an entire season.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kelly posted:

Coaching teenage girls turns you into a monster

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Orange Red Bull posted:

The problem is since the virus is already in everyone, all it takes is for any one person to die inside your sealed off bunker and pretty soon it's chockablock with walkers. If they ever rebuild society, cleaning out those warrens in a few decades will be a huge hassle. "Hey look, it's Zombie President from 53 years ago!" *STAB*

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Since there's really nothing to talk about wrt Walking Dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpakCwXk1N0

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Yea, going from years of TWD to Z-Nation is kind of a blast.

This is absolutely spoilers for Season 1 BTW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g26QIKLLPX0

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

They should do a pre-apocalypse season that's just Eugene working at Gamestop or something.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Yea, going from years of TWD to Z-Nation is kind of a blast.

This is absolutely spoilers for Season 1 BTW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g26QIKLLPX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNPrtObRAk

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

LadyPictureShow posted:

Right now in the comics the new villains are a bunch of chuds that dress in skin suits made from tanned Walker hides, and made a big move where they lured away/captured ten people and created a 'border' with them that sparked off a new all-sides hullabaloo. I feel it's just a grosser looking repeat of every other 'enemy' they find in WD. The only difference after the Saviors is some of the communities are jumbled around, some new characters have bigger roles, some surviving Saviors now collaborate with Rick's group. In the peace and farming point, it just shows the communities are thriving and are now super-competent at zombie moving.

Oh god. That's the plan. They're replacing the Whisperers with the Trashkins, aren't they? That's what the argument with Neegan over "10" or "12" was about.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Kelly posted:

Better Call Negan.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Rick and Neegan, forever and forever, a hundred years.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I assume I'm not the only one that wants to know how it started, if there are any remnants of government left, what kinds of societies have been built, etc.

I'm wondering about the rest of the world.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I completely missed that the season had continued and also concluded.

But did I really miss it?

I saw some gif about Eugene in a Neo costume talking about Phalanx. Does that sum it all up?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

I'm totally calling it this early that the garbage people turn into that faction. Definitely.

Speculation about the future seasons post current saviour-war(I'd say halfway S7 or start of S8)

I didn't think that would happen but what she did in the last episode made me change my mind:
-The whisperers (called that way because they whisper so they don't alert the zombies) leader is a woman
-Her sudden "After this I lay with him, ok" is very reminiscent of the whisperers
-Her insistence on their group 'adapting' to suit circumstances also points in that direction

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
You haven't suffered this season until you've experienced the Trash People.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

They were only in the entire season for maybe 30 minutes or so?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
That's a lot when the rest is mostly people standing around contemplating the moral and philosophical implications of killing and death.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Bates posted:

That's a lot when the rest is mostly people standing around contemplating the moral and philosophical implications of killing and death.

This mostly accomplished by grimaces and sweating.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Rick does sweat a lot.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I think y'all are giving the writers wayyyyy too much credit in thinking trashkru is going to turn into the Whisperers

I don't think the writers can see that far ahead, nor could they actually develop a plot farther than they can lean Negan.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

I think y'all are giving the writers wayyyyy too much credit in thinking trashkru is going to turn into the Whisperers

I don't think the writers can see that far ahead, nor could they actually develop a plot farther than they can lean Negan.

Do they actually whisper all the time in the comics? Cause that's hard to film.

Writer: "We'll just have them speak a weird trash language!"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

John F Bennett posted:

American post-apocalypse stuff is always rubbish about what's going on anywhere but America.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Barbed Tongues posted:

Do they actually whisper all the time in the comics? Cause that's hard to film.

Writer: "We'll just have them speak a weird trash language!"

*whispers something*
Rick: "WHAT?"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Johnny Truant posted:

It just wouldn't make sense to have a woman villain who looks like that and speaks in a savage/tribal way, and THEN have another same exact character when the Whisperers show up.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The trash people literally attempt to kill Rick by making him fight a zombie one on one right when they meet him. Seconds later he agrees to give them guns.

Also any time someone has an easy wide open chance of killing Negan they do not take it, except one time his magic wood bat stops a bullet fired at close range.

That's all you need to know about the writing this season.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
I kinda figured they made trashkru so Rick had someone to kill in the next mid-season finale but I guess it kinda makes sense to introduce the whisperers now instead of waiting until Negan is gone. At this point the show only has villains left as anything that resembles motivation for the cast so suddenly ending up without any baddies doesn't work that well and it's awkward to immediately introduce a new antagonist.

With these writers who knows though. It might be that they thought bizarre trash people was what people wanted and it makes total sense.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kelly posted:

I'm sure you'll get your wish as a way to pad out 3 episodes between a cliffhanger

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I wouldn't be very surprised if the first episode of next season is exactly this.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

It just wouldn't make sense to have a woman villain who looks like that and speaks in a savage/tribal way, and THEN have another same exact character when the Whisperers show up.

Pray, tell, what does make sense in this show?

My prediction is in s08, somehow Rick gets trashkru back on his side after Negan does something *~#awful#~* to trashkru like kill the leader lady's weirdly robed sidekick or only gives them 8 instead of 10. 8 of what we still don't know, probably copies of Rosetta Stone: English or some poo poo.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I thought the negotiation between Negan and trash woman was for the number of Alexandrian slaves they got to keep. Maybe I misheard.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think that's what is implied but I dont think she actually said what she wanted

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

I've wondered that, too.

Screw the suck rear end comics. Get some good writers. Have each season be a short, self contained view of a different location. Maybe it's focused on one person or maybe on a group. They gotta just drift away from these current characters. They're not interesting anymore.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

cjg posted:

I've wondered that, too.

Screw the suck rear end comics. Get some good writers. Have each season be a short, self contained view of a different location. Maybe it's focused on one person or maybe on a group. They gotta just drift away from these current characters. They're not interesting anymore.

I, too, look forward to World War Z the series.

e: Like seriously, Brooks should license WWZ and make it kinda like Black Mirror with a different episode for each chapter that's self-contained. But have the full run add more and more pieces to the overall story.

Barbed Tongues fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I don't know why anyone thinks a change of setting would help this show when Fear the Walking Dead is even worse.