Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

CN put up a new pilot/short on its YouTube page.

https://youtu.be/idT98H8TK-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ben 10 reboot doesn't have the great catchy OP, doesn't seem to be bothering with the origin story, and most importantly, LACKS PAUL EIDING. Seems to be going for a completely episodic action-ish comedy rather than the slightly more plot-based pure action show, which I kinda saw coming with the change to 10-minute episodes. Like, this first episode is a total Looney Tunes.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 10, 2017

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

thelaughingman posted:

This is a very cute and good cartoon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, the Ben 10 reboot is reminding me a lot of the Powerpuff reboot, where they're trying to modernize it and make it more comedic and it just kinda loses all sense of identity and it's like why did you even bother instead of just putting that money to a new show?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Waffleman_ posted:

Ben 10 reboot doesn't have the great catchy OP, doesn't seem to be bothering with the origin story, and most importantly, LACKS PAUL EIDING. Seems to be going for a completely episodic action-ish comedy rather than the slightly more plot-based pure action show, which I kinda saw coming with the change to 10-minute episodes. Like, this first episode is a total Looney Tunes.

While there's a bit of a shock at no Paul Eiding, I will say that David Kaye seems to play Max pretty well.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

thelaughingman posted:

Man there are a lot of decent pilots posted. Why aren't they green-lighting those?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another weird thing about the new Ben 10 is somehow everyone instantly knows that Ben's forms are aliens.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

thelaughingman posted:

I really like this. I dunno how well it'd work as a full-fledged series but like, as a 10-episode miniseries, it could be pretty cool.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

You know what we should do with a new show the next week from airing?

Also what the hell is that weekend :psyduck:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Yardbomb posted:

:stare: So I assume CN execs just assume kids don't actually watch the channel for more than thirty minutes at a time anymore?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Yardbomb posted:

Are they drunk?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ben 10 will have likely less than 10 episodes to its name by the time the week ends.

THEY WANNA AIR THAT FOR THE WHOLE DAY?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

:stare: So I assume CN execs just assume kids don't actually watch the channel for more than thirty minutes at a time anymore?
Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure that's how most channel execs feel now in the Netflix/Youtube era

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
on one hand Teen Titan's Go isn't the most reran show that week (even discounting the ben 10 marathon)

on the other

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Someone on /co/ pointed out that the guy in charge of CN USA's scheduling used to be in charge of scheduling for CN India and CN Asia, and he was just as terrible about scheduling back then(apparently his show of choice in those days was Oggie and The Cockroaches of all things)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Oh okay, so instead of it being a grand strategy revolving around the changing viewing habits of their target demographic, it's just network execs being idiots.

That makes sense.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Someone on /co/ pointed out that the guy in charge of CN USA's scheduling used to be in charge of scheduling for CN India and CN Asia, and he was just as terrible about scheduling back then(apparently his show of choice in those days was Oggie and The Cockroaches of all things)

It feels like he really just doesn't wanna do his job.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ohjesuschrist i just noticed the weekend. 2 hours of CWACoM, the show, followed by the movie, followed by 2 more hours of the show, followed by the movie. Not even bothering getting the sequel in that thing. It sounds like cruel and unusual punishment. :stare:

Airing Spy Kids 3 should be a federal crime. Airing it twice within five hours? insanity.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 11, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Why can't every day be April Fools?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Is there a way to bring it to CN's attention that the guy running scheduling is a total fuckwit or something/

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Xelkelvos posted:

Is there a way to bring it to CN's attention that the guy running scheduling is a total fuckwit or something/

Unless you're a major shareholder, probably not.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

thelaughingman posted:

Can this PLEASE be a full show? Jesus christ I love it

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

apparently this pilot was actually from an older batch (the one with Jammers, Ridin with Burgess, and Twelve Forever), but it was only screened at film festivals until now

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Airing Spy Kids 3 should be a federal crime. Airing it twice within five hours? International terrorism.

ftfy

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

thelaughingman posted:

This is cute. Not sure how well it would translate into a TV show but I'll take that over another bargain bin reboot I suppose.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Yardbomb posted:

Someone either really likes Ben 10 and Cloudy or really hates those shows.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yardbomb posted:

Wow, they uh, sure have a lot of confidence in that Cloudy show, don't they

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Eeeewwww Spy Kids 3-D.(which is the only non-nerd thing I know that mentions Metroid during one line)

edit: Also Stuart Little has Hugh Laurie as a VA, and when I was watching House and realized he was the dad in the live action movies, I found that really funny.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 11, 2017

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Yardbomb posted:

The part that stuck out to me the most is that for some reason I remember the CGI Stuart Little movie and that it got a sequel, but I had no clue a Stuart Little 3 existed.

Or Open Season 2.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

there's also an open season 3

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Honestly the original Open Season isn't that bad of a movie, even if it is pretty brainless, nothing I'd actively seek out, but wouldn't object watching with my youngest sister if it came on TV or she wanted to watch on a streaming service or something

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Quest For Glory II posted:

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure that's how most channel execs feel now in the Netflix/Youtube era

Not everyone subscribes to Netflix, and almost all of them subscribe to cable.

I mean at some point it benefits CN to just make a digital subscription service rather than do that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

raditts posted:

Wow, they uh, sure have a lot of confidence in that Cloudy show, don't they

They shouldn't because it's garbage. It was made for Teletoon, which explains everything.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

They shouldn't because it's garbage. It was made for Teletoon, which explains everything.

Oh I know. They showed a "preview" of it a couple of weeks back in between some other shows and it's a total dumpster fire. Which makes me wonder why they are pushing it this hard and not like banishing it to Boomerang or something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My prediction is it'll be there by the end of summer.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

raditts posted:

Oh I know. They showed a "preview" of it a couple of weeks back in between some other shows and it's a total dumpster fire. Which makes me wonder why they are pushing it this hard and not like banishing it to Boomerang or something.

My guess is that whoever owns and made the show is giving CN more incentive to air it than what most companies do(at this point I wouldn't be surprised if most companies only give CN shows cause they plan on using it's inevitable failure as a way to do tax dodges and money laundering)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

Which is why they're probably pushing it, to follow Canadian laws because some of this poo poo was made in Canada thus its passable. I guess its their new Johnny Test.

raditts posted:

Because Boomerang's already full of last year's failures. There's no more room in Cartoon Hell to put these shows.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Hey, why don't they make good shows instead of bad shows?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

There's no room on the schedule for good shows. Didn't you see the schedule posted earlier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

When I was a kid I always imagined someone sitting down with a notebook for a full day and coming out with THIS MONTHS SCHEDULE for each network

Now apparently some rear end in a top hat just plays the same Ben 10 episode on repeat for 18 hours and throws in 11 minutes of adventure time to spice things up