Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/851587264677371904

Wow, that's a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/851587356192899072

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :stare:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

2016-2017 LA Kings: 55.0%CF. 98.3 PDO

e: Maybe Sutter caused them to have the worst shooting percentage in the league this year?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hexy, please fire Hakstol and hire your hockey coach friend you made when you were in LA.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Someone's getting a really good coach this offseason. And Sutter's getting paiiiiiiid.

Seriously put him on a team with offensive talent. I want to see what he can do when Dustin loving Brown isn't setting his tempo.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Benning, pick up the phone now!!!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Someone is going to pick Therrien over Sutter and it's going to be glorious lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

drat, Sutter being available better have a bunch of teams rushing for the phone.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Benning, pick up the phone now!!!

It's nice to dream but...

Come oooon.
It would have to be Babcock money to get a guy with his record to sign up for pushing that boulder up the hill every year.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I'm guessing Sutter to Dallas

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Martytoof posted:

Someone is going to pick Therrien over Sutter and it's going to be glorious lol

Maybe the Kings will take him...

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

vancouver will bring in sutter for an interview and as soon as he meets aquillini, he's gone

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

If Toronto's 15 loser points still don't see any change in a 3 point system what's the point.

It's not loser points that get hurt badly in a 3pt system, it's OT/SOWs. 3 pts is designed to encourage teams to win in regulation, so the relative changes are Regulation Wins remain at 100% of available points and a large penalty to OT/SO wins (100% to 67%) and a smaller penalty to OT/SOLs (50% to 33%).

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Harsh dumb decision from the Kings. The new hires will get instapraise when most of the team regress to their career norms and be in a playoff spot.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

glynnenstein posted:

2016-2017 LA Kings: 55.0%CF. 98.3 PDO

e: Maybe Sutter caused them to have the worst shooting percentage in the league this year?

That and every year since he's been their coach, it produces good fancy stats numbers but doesnt translate to actual goals. His system doesnt work anymore and he wont adapt.

It's too careful, and its good the forwards are coached into defense first, but when they get behind they wont open the game up, they have enough offensive talent to risk it but never did.

I agree with firing of Sutter, I wanted that to happen last season, I'm not happy Lombardi is gone but I bet it was a "if you fire him I go too" sort of situation.

What I dont agree with is setting Blake as the GM, not enough experience in the front office.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
FIRE DAN BYLSMA

HIRE DARRYL SUTTER

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drunk Canuck posted:

Harsh dumb decision from the Kings. The new hires will get instapraise when most of the team regress to their career norms and be in a playoff spot.

It's progress if it's going up!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I have this odd aversion of Sutter because every time the camera's on him, it looks like he's sucking his face in as hard as he can.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

You say that, but I don't think the Kings post Sutter are going to be Corsi gods. And if they move away from that and expose Quick all that much during the regular season we're going to see a full team implosion next offseason.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Suspicious posted:

I have this odd aversion of Sutter because every time the camera's on him, it looks like he's sucking his face in as hard as he can.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sutter is that bug alien from MIB that wears human skin for disguise, from a planet where everyone plays defense only.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Suspicious posted:

"Don't you get it LA, it's over! You lose! Now if you'll excuse me, all this talk has made me hungry."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's what you get for challenging a goal for offside in a meaningless game 82.

That's what you get for ruining Iginla.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sutter with the Panthers would be pretty good!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I don't think this plan will work.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't think this plan will work.

It worked with Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic and wayne gretzky.

Superstar players make the best coaches.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Where does Lombardi end up?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Where does Lombardi end up?

He's a okay manager who won a stanley cup, so a canadian team of some sort, maybe winnipeg?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Powershift posted:

He's a okay manager who won a stanley cup, so a canadian team of some sort, maybe winnipeg?

Vancouver if the owner has any goddamned sense at all

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Vancouver if the owner has any goddamned sense at all

So not Vancouver.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

New York Islanders?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jim Rutherford was only supposed to be around for like a year at the start so maybe he's ready to step down sometime soon? Maybe that's all been long-forgotten now that he's a success again and everyone kinda loves him save for the fact that he indirectly murdered Despres

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

It worked with Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic and wayne gretzky.

Superstar players make the best coaches.

What's that have to do with Blake being the GM?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

What's that have to do with Blake being the GM?

I'm bad at reading :(

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

"Don't you get it LA, it's over! You lose! Now if you'll excuse me, all this talk has made me hungry."

:golfclap:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jim Rutherford was only supposed to be around for like a year at the start so maybe he's ready to step down sometime soon? Maybe that's all been long-forgotten now that he's a success again and everyone kinda loves him save for the fact that he indirectly murdered Despres

I thought he was keeping the seat warm for the AGM over there in Pitt? Is he still around?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think the Kings upper management is quite dumb

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think the Kings upper management is quite dumb
Very much so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

I thought he was keeping the seat warm for the AGM over there in Pitt? Is he still around?

Ah right, I suppose Botterill is still kicking around. I kinda figured he bolted a ways back since they never really write about him as much as they did in the Shero days.

• Locked thread