Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It is quite odd how the people who don't have the shield emblems think some other inferior yet hard to acquire emblem is the best.

Nothing's more exclusive than something you can't obtain for any reason anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Actually it turns out that the lamest thing you can do is care about your dumb rare emblem.

Thanks for playing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nope fashion is the only thing to do in this game, and having the most exclusive fashion items makes you the best.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Actually it turns out that the lamest thing you can do is care about your dumb rare emblem.

Thanks for playing.

FishBulb posted:

Thanks for playing.

It's actually the ONLY thing that matters because some might get carried forward. Next.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
In a shocking turn of events, bros with sweet rear end emblems think emblems are cool and good and hos without them think they are lame and bad.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have at least 2 unobtainable and rare emblems.

I just don't care about it because it's just some emblems

Also cuz I got them for buying stuff from Bungie

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's actually the ONLY thing that matters because some might get carried forward. Next.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Strike scoring is fun.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

haveblue posted:

Even including the 100 marks per week from the new story mission playlist?

You should get a steady stream of gear up to 385 by playing heroic strikes, and that's more than high enough for an experienced player to do a non-challenge 390 raid run.

Raid gear drops at up to 400 now.

They modified it a little for Age of Triumph, you can get up to 385 from standard SIVA playlist, and up to 390 from heroic SIVA playlist. You can get AOT raid ready just through heroic strikes.
As somebody who quit during TTK and came back for AOT, the archon forge has been the best gearing method for me personally, it has dropped armor pieces, ghosts and relics all the way up to 400 for me. I'm probably misremembering but I'm pretty sure the armor drops I've seen from the forge doesn't drop anywhere else either (not that I've seen).

limaCAT posted:

Strike scoring is fun.

It really is, I hope they keep it for Destiny 2! It's nice having the feedback pop up next to your crosshairs. I like how it's team-wide too.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

As somebody who quit during TTK and came back for AOT, the archon forge has been the best gearing method for me personally, it has dropped armor pieces, ghosts and relics all the way up to 400 for me. I'm probably misremembering but I'm pretty sure the armor drops I've seen from the forge doesn't drop anywhere else either (not that I've seen).

That is correct, same with weapons. It's the only place to get Saladin's Vigil, for example.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

limaCAT posted:

Strike scoring is fun.

Yes.

They should add raid and firefight scoring in D2

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Woa take it easy there buddy. First they have to add firefight.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean I'm assuming they aren't idiots

Which I guess is a mistake on my part

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
They never added firefight to Destiny in the three years they had to do so, they're not gonna have it for Destiny 2.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Guys POE is a firefight mode.....guys?....guyyyssss!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I want to see more enemies moving against each other type poo poo.

That used to be fun as hell. Orbs everywhere supers going off tonnes of enemies.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, enemies moving against each other is a proper firefight.

Not the limp dicked "four enemies come out of the door every time you kill the previous four" archon's forge "firefight."

Trust bungie to already have a solution figured out and then never make use of it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
King's fall was a giant pile of poo poo that it literally killed this lovely loving game that I've bought 4 loving times, gently caress that entire raid, its like they where pissy that people could solo Crota and some of the bosses so they went "lets make a raid with nothing but instant wipe mechanics, NOBODY gently caress UP OR ITS A TEAM WIPE EITHER", unless its been seriously re-tooled I'm just gonna pretend its not there when it comes up.

Hopefully Destiny is more VoG and Wrath of The Machine than lovely rear end King's Fall.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Alteisen posted:

King's fall was a giant pile of poo poo that it literally killed this lovely loving game that I've bought 4 loving times, gently caress that entire raid, its like they where pissy that people could solo Crota and some of the bosses so they went "lets make a raid with nothing but instant wipe mechanics, NOBODY gently caress UP OR ITS A TEAM WIPE EITHER", unless its been seriously re-tooled I'm just gonna pretend its not there when it comes up.

Hopefully Destiny is more VoG and Wrath of The Machine than lovely rear end King's Fall.

I don't disagree but it can be fun with a good strong group as underlying all the choreography is some pretty good shooting of poo poo.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
KF is fun when no one in your group is lfg. My group's done it like 100 times so it'll be a nice bit of nostalgia revisiting it tomorrow.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Alteisen posted:

"oops timmy stubbed his toe on a bit of bone sticking out of the floor and was 0.02 seconds late to some deadline, wipe and retry! *sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*"

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Only did KF 3 times. First time was a nightmare but 2 and 3 were fun when everyone was 335. But at its best it's fun once or twice a month. It's not something I would want to run every week like VoG or even CE

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

Yeah, enemies moving against each other is a proper firefight.

Not the limp dicked "four enemies come out of the door every time you kill the previous four" archon's forge "firefight."

Trust bungie to already have a solution figured out and then never make use of it.

No, real firefight was ODST Firefight. 1) It was possible to go on forever and 2) the difficulty ramped up over time until it was gently caress off hard.

Every firefight since then has been limp garbage.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

KF isn't nearly as bad as y'all make it out to be. It's just long as poo poo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It sucks on HM but all raids do because the no revive thing is lame as hell

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Drain 001 posted:

No, real firefight was ODST Firefight. 1) It was possible to go on forever and 2) the difficulty ramped up over time until it was gently caress off hard.

Every firefight since then has been limp garbage.

Found this searching my nickname

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/yIL8mG5.gifv

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

It sucks on HM but all raids do because the no revive thing is lame as hell

It really is.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Found this searching my nickname

Limp garbage? Makes sense

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
KF is fine and is actually fun with not retards.

Pro tips for people having trouble with KF
- The jump button is A/X. Most bads forget this. It's pretty ace to use.
- Shooting adds with the guns you have makes them not shoot you anymore. You have 3 of them even.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, KF is "fine."

But it's not fun. Video games should be fun.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Counterpoint its less fun than any other 6 man activity in the game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Counterpoint its less fun than any other 6 man activity in the game.

Inferno supremacy

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Killed atheon twice tonight on the same char, first time we all died but it gave us the challenge rewards adept + ornament. Second tme we got normal raid rewards. Hopefully bungie fixes this poo poo for D2.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 11, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Zone control

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Zone control

Zone control is insanely good with a 6 man because you will absolutely slay retards all night

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Downside: not enough people play destiny anymore to assemble a 6 man.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah i don't know 6 people who ever play pvp now

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Inferno supremacy

I forgot that this was actually a Real Game Mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007