Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/851663606865313795

are you ready for the bubble to pop? :getin:

ed ball's about ready to pop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I just bought a life straw, can anyone tell me if this is gonna be a good investment

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I've been conscious of the recursion all along, most trumpiverses end around inaug day+40, the content we're seeing right now is totally new to me.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
tesla hasn't even realeased their "affordable" car, which is $35,000 yet. what the gently caress are people thinking? tesla ain't poo poo.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Beans go in

Curd comes out

It is both beaned and not beaned

what in tarnation

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Thanks Elon

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Krazyface posted:

I've been conscious of the recursion all along, most trumpiverses end around inaug day+40, the content we're seeing right now is totally new to me.

hmbol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

realtalk, the hollywood access tape might have been enough if it was released early enough, before he got a cult of personality going.

Nah the shitheadedness of America was vastly underestimated, we were probably hosed no matter what unless Obama ran a third term in violation of the constitution or something

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

fits my needs posted:

The collapse of silicon valley can't come quickly enough (unlike me)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Not like it matters anyway since the ocean's hosed too or something. TURNING THE loving FISH GAY!

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/851666530840571904

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I just bought a life straw, can anyone tell me if this is gonna be a good investment

i hear they are kind of poo poo because you gotta sit there and suck up some water and they don't filter enough and you'd do better with a bottle that has a filter situation of its own instead of a straw with a filter built in where you can't take any water with you.

god drat i'm posting a lot.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Haha what if when the nukes go off and we all die we Groundhog Day back to when Trump first came down the escalators haha

What if this cycle has repeated itself a few times and were only just now becoming aware of it haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M628DuIEZ_o

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fits my needs posted:

yall gonna make me pop my bubble

up in here, up in here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i hear they are kind of poo poo because you gotta sit there and suck up some water and they don't filter enough and you'd do better with a bottle that has a filter situation of its own instead of a straw with a filter built in where you can't take any water with you.

god drat i'm posting a lot.

our gold standard here is Squizzle this doesn't even move the needle

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tesla sells luxury cars for neolibs, its not rocket science

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

Nah the shitheadedness of America was vastly underestimated, we were probably hosed no matter what unless Obama ran a third term in violation of the constitution or something

i don't know. i think republicans could have come out far more strongly against it if he wasn't their nominee yet. they were stuck with him and gave weak condemnation.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I feel like if we reset back to the Escalator Event, we'll eventually find ourselves in a Lighthouse nether-world like Bioshock: Infinite.

There's always an escalator
There's always a fat rapist
There's always a bing and a bong

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fits my needs posted:

Not like it matters anyway since the ocean's hosed too or something. TURNING THE loving FISH GAY!

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/851666530840571904

It's gonna die in like 5 years :toot:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

anime was right posted:

Yeah that's spacex

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Nichael posted:

I feel like if we reset back to the Escalator Event, we'll eventually find ourselves in a Lighthouse nether-world like Bioshock: Infinite.

There's always an escalator
There's always a fat rapist
There's always a bing and a bong

I think in this scenario I would smoke out of a bong far sooner than I did and much more consistently

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

FAUXTON posted:

Way back when I was attending UCF they set up this elaborate chipcard (we had multi-wallet payment chips in the ID cards there 15 years ago) system for the laundry machines in the newly built dorm community called ~Academic Village~ and it didn't loving work like ever so they just ran it for free.

They did this at umass too

They had all the machines hooked up to a card swipe where youd punch in the number machine you were using and itd deduct from your weekly laundry balance

Then after my first semester it was completely disconnected and never used again. Cool

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

DryGoods posted:

I saw the tweet linked earlier with the US official accusing the Russians of knowing about the chemical weapons but not this followup with a little more details about a Russian jet bombing a hospital to cover it up.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/851519994336874496

Wow.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

also, I've legitimately thought about how to stop Donald if I found myself back in time a lot too because I'm a huge loving nerd. I think a huge missed opportunity was Jeb! high fiving him at the second GOP debate. I feel like if he had punched him there and then for not apologizing to his wife, we'd have had president Jeb!.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

maybe it's like the dark tower and as trump comes down that escalator for the nineteenth time, we're there in trump tower, watching, except this time we realize that we have the piss tape

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i thought teslas value was mostly in their patented battery research?

and also the powerful gooey brain of elon musck

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Remember when he lost an election, as an incumbent, to a man who was literally dead

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol the Tesla econo-car is going to end up being insanely stripped down and still be like 10k more than a Volt, which gets better mileage and doesn't have every single dash control on a big ipad

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

crazy cloud posted:

[the clock ticking over shot from Groundhog Day when he wakes up every morning but every day it's me waking up and instead of numbers the clock ticks over to the morning's Tweet from President Dobald J Tromt of the United States of America and I leap out of bed literally insane with glee that the fat old piss bitch still has his phone]

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fidel Castronaut posted:

tesla hasn't even realeased their "affordable" car, which is $35,000 yet. what the gently caress are people thinking? tesla ain't poo poo.

tech nerds are idiots who love every last thing that musk is involved in and don't loving understand why people actually like cars

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

lol the Tesla econo-car is going to end up being insanely stripped down and still be like 10k more than a Volt, which gets better mileage and doesn't have every single dash control on a big ipad

Yeah but it's got that elon musk

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
HE IS THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA
THE BIG AND THE LY

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

Well they probably have some advanced designs, but the Volt is currently getting more miles to a charge than any Tesla so I'm not sure how much of a market lead they have

They have stuff like power walls that are great if you're already wealthy AND a homeowner but lmao if you wanna pretend like that's the market for economy cars nowadays

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

Muskyman has some kinda weird ponzi scheme with Tesla, Space X and bailing out his cousin's Solar City company.

And it's all going to collapse when the recession hits and Musk will be a wealthy man into his old age even with spending like $50,000 a month on the divorce from his wife or whatever.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
CSPAM election season begins wednesday , reminder , the nominations thread will be open for submissions on the morning of 4/12. please participate in a timely fashion so that I can fulfill my toxx and also have it done and new C-SPAM President inaugurationed on 4/20 thanks

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

triple sulk posted:

tech nerds are idiots who love every last thing that musk is involved in and don't loving understand why people actually like cars

It's gonna be really funny when everyone that loves him so much finds out that he's not taking any non-billionaires with him to Mars to build New Johannesburg

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Model 3 dashboard, which I believe is going to be their "economy" offering

Like I'm not opposed to innovation, but it's dumb to pretend Tesla is anything but a luxury and niche manufacturer on par with companies like Ford and GM, and especially since Ford and GM actually create a shitload of jobs and wealth for the laboring classes

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

are the volts good these days? i'm probably gonna be car shopping soon and will be needing good fuel economy if i get something, likely used just because we probably are close to the electrics getting to a point where the longer drives are all right

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Nichael posted:

also, I've legitimately thought about how to stop Donald if I found myself back in time a lot too because I'm a huge loving nerd. I think a huge missed opportunity was Jeb! high fiving him at the second GOP debate. I feel like if he had punched him there and then for not apologizing to his wife, we'd have had president Jeb!.

i don't know if we would have jeb, but trump definitely wouldn't have won. he ran on being tough and if somebody just cold-clocked his fat face, his image would be done. that kid who hopped the fence in dayton and got took down by the secret service might have been able to save us!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

it's car science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

The Model 3 dashboard, which I believe is going to be their "economy" offering

Like I'm not opposed to innovation, but it's dumb to pretend Tesla is anything but a luxury and niche manufacturer on par with companies like Ford and GM, and especially since Ford and GM actually create a shitload of jobs and wealth for the laboring classes

it's pretty cool if your ipad crashes you die because everything else is plastic lol

• Locked thread