Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DRCGcuByQc

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm glad I live in this state
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/851666150991708160

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Epic High Five posted:

It's not an easy life, even in the 90's, winning an all-sports record amount of division titles in a row but only winning the big one once

I was there when Fred McGriff debuted and the announcers boxes burned down. Nothing can replace the team you grew up rooting for even if they're just awful

At least we got a shiny new stadium, can't suffer a 20 year old one to be used!! :v:

i was a red sox kid in teh 80s/90s let me tell you about pain

now we're all hubristic shitheads its p cool

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

concept art for the next model tesla cabin

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/851673177235369984

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bump_fn posted:

i was a red sox kid in teh 80s/90s let me tell you about pain

now we're all hubristic shitheads its p cool

I know a few people who are longstanding Red Sox fans and I don't begrudge them their hubris. It sucks losing forever and being in the same division as the Yankees I'm sure. The only way you're gonna win in that situation is to spend big.

I did make some bandwagoner mad by calling them the nouveau Yankees tho haha.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvrntMh-eCw

quote:

Odessa, Texas has been featured in pop culture landmarks like No Country For Old Men as the quintessential middle of nowhere town. It’s so isolated that when an estimated 100,000 tires caught fire on Sunday, the closest fire hydrant was about four miles away. That means that a lot of toxic smoke filled the air and there was plenty of time to shoot some jaw-dropping drone footage.

“It’s still burning. It was way beyond our means to put it out last night,” West Odessa Volunteer Fire Chief Jimmy Ellis told a local news outlet on Monday. The fire reportedly started around 3 PM on Sunday afternoon and raged throughout the night. Because of the lack of fire hydrants, local firefighters found themselves in a losing cycle of bringing in fire trucks, spraying their water resources and going back for more. When they returned, the fire had just grown larger.

The frustrated volunteers simply didn’t have the resources to stop it. “We haven’t even been able to get down in the pit where it started because it’s so hot you can’t get down in that pit,” Ellis said. “The rubber just stays hot and it will adhere to your boots and the bunker gear.” Early on Monday, the EPA was called in to provide additional resources.

lmao that footage is so cool. i can't wait for the dope drone footage of nuclear irradiated seoul soon

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Epic High Five posted:

I know a few people who are longstanding Red Sox fans and I don't begrudge them their hubris. It sucks losing forever and being in the same division as the Yankees I'm sure. The only way you're gonna win in that situation is to spend big.

I did make some bandwagoner mad by calling them the nouveau Yankees tho haha.

kidna surprised u didnt get beat for saying that even tho its kinda true

ownership was loving dumb fighting w theo and losing him tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ramadu posted:

lmao that footage is so cool. i can't wait for the dope drone footage of nuclear irradiated seoul soon

"Enormous metaphor breaks out in rural America"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

The freep wall has been completed

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

I believe that isn't the official interior, just a concept. They haven't revealed the official interior yet.

That makes more sense, though that's a lazy af concept.

For their sake I hope the actual car utilizes that long vacant area called a dashboard for different car functions that people can use without squiting at a lovely smudged tablet with 20 tiny rear end buttons while they drive a metal death box that will kill them or anybody in their path if they look down at the wrong time

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bump_fn posted:

kidna surprised u didnt get beat for saying that even tho its kinda true

ownership was loving dumb fighting w theo and losing him tho

Bandwagoner lol, he didn't know enough to be dumb enough to get mad at me saying it

If the Braves announced they were spending $400mm on salaries per year and then won the next 5 in a row I wouldn't give a poo poo, I'd fuckin love it. More power to ya, longtime Red Sox fans

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That said Red Sox v Yankees games are worse than Cricket

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

FAUXTON posted:

Lol you get two, make your choice

I'd be good with the marvel movies and the fast and the furious movie, thanks

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Hahahah.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
man. man i wish someone had actually played hardball with trump during the campaign. not the political-style snide but not actually indecent and ultimately 3rd grade-tier jokes. just someone in a debate going 'gently caress you, you're full of poo poo', and interrupting him constantly, and maybe punching him once or twice. these assholes were goddamn polite to the bastard though when any one of them ought to have smelled what was going on and thought to compete with him. Jim Gilmore coulda done it, in the briefest moment in which he might've been in the same location at Trump, he had to have recognized he was only going to get one minute in the spotlight elsewhere and jumped at the chance, he had the kind of who-gives-a-poo poo attitude for it.

the campaign shoulda been a chest-beating gorilla-fest instead of the single gorilla making GBS threads all over some lemurs though

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Epic High Five posted:

This thread will confirm that you have me to thank for the Cubs winning the final game of the world series

I got into the bath when they went down and as soon as the water was run and I was in, they were up. Obviously this was a sign and of course I ended up sitting in that bath for a solid 3.5 hours because if I got up and they lost I couldn't live with myself

A true sports fan and hero to millions

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

The only thing I like about baseball is my dad almost convinced my mom to name me Mickey. He got talked out of it but Mickey Mantle was cool as hell.

And here I anguish, an Andrew.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Epic High Five posted:

That said Red Sox v Yankees games are worse than Cricket

yankees tickets are 2x as much as regular tickets at fenway

tfw ur like 8 and watch abunch of drunk red sox fans beat the poo poo out of a loudmouth yankees fan

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Gyra_Solune posted:

man. man i wish someone had actually played hardball with trump during the campaign. not the political-style snide but not actually indecent and ultimately 3rd grade-tier jokes. just someone in a debate going 'gently caress you, you're full of poo poo', and interrupting him constantly, and maybe punching him once or twice. these assholes were goddamn polite to the bastard though when any one of them ought to have smelled what was going on and thought to compete with him. Jim Gilmore coulda done it, in the briefest moment in which he might've been in the same location at Trump, he had to have recognized he was only going to get one minute in the spotlight elsewhere and jumped at the chance, he had the kind of who-gives-a-poo poo attitude for it.

the campaign shoulda been a chest-beating gorilla-fest instead of the single gorilla making GBS threads all over some lemurs though

This is why Arnold should've just wiped his rear end with the constitution and ran even though he couldn't have assumed office. Or loving Ventura.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/851666716715237377

jjmcnab is my fave :allears:

Ramadu posted:

holy poo poo it's the Airborne Toxic Event :stare:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

The only thing I like about baseball is my dad almost convinced my mom to name me Mickey. He got talked out of it but Mickey Mantle was cool as hell.

My little brother was almost named Tom after Tom Seaver

bump_fn posted:

yankees tickets are 2x as much as regular tickets at fenway

tfw ur like 8 and watch abunch of drunk red sox fans beat the poo poo out of a loudmouth yankees fan

At least you can get drunk and sober up like 3 separate times before the game reaches the point they stop selling booze

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Just think how bad Lou Gehrig felt

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

CEO was both sex offender & sovereign citizen.

of course

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Cool goon project:

Imagine Ur alone with Trump and you can punch him in the face real hard and then you do

Project over.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

a real chump posted:

Cool goon project:

Imagine Ur alone with Trump and you can punch him in the face real hard and then you do

Project over.

Congratulations! The Secret Service has issued a subpoena to Something Awful LLC regarding your post! You are one of the forum's most stupid individuals ever!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fluoride Jones posted:

Congratulations! The Secret Service has issued a subpoena to Something Awful LLC regarding your post! You are one of the forum's most stupid individuals ever!

lol like they have the budget or manpower to do that anymore

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Sessions is telling the Maga lords to stop the devil weed and look for witches or whatever the internet of tubes is not even real

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Posting on 4444! Yes!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

Unless you're in a dense city center or smtg, get a hybrid 50 miles per charge/switch to combustion deal. Bolt lets you charge off the grid OR use the gas engine to charge when that runs out which means it's actually a functional car for 100% of the US. It's 50 miles per charge versus 240 or so but that's plenty. Not sure how many on the market offer both electric and gas inputs atm tho, I just went with an high MPG non-hybrid and have been happy with it

The Bolt is the 240 mile all electric and the Volt is the 50 miles electric / able to switch to combustion engine deal. You are extremely correct that the Volt is a kickass car and pretty much perfect w/r/t modern infrastructure as far as efficient vehicles go. If you have a place to plug in at night you'll probably never need gas but if you wanna go for trips it gets great mpg. The tax credit is still available so you get 7.5k off new ones- if you have good credit and can put a bit down your payment will be tiny. Really great car (with a really annoying naming scheme, spark/volt/bolt :cmon:)

And yeah, the Bolt is what Tesla promised as far as an affordable all-electric EV, but without the ipad bolted to the dash, and also it's available now. Okay and it looks less sexy but it's a drat good car.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 11, 2017

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I type this mostly because this thread moves so fast anything I say gets lost to time very quickly. Not really of course, but enough for what I want.

I went to see my mom last week as she got over a double mastectomy surgery for a breast cancer scare. She's totally fine now, about the best kind of cancer scare you could have.

While I'm gone, all in a single loving week, a friend from grad school's wife goes into relapse for lymphoma and dies in about 5 days... I can't even imagine what that is like.

I'm really close to my mom so I tend to talk with her about these sorts of things, but gently caress if I'm going to potentially scare her, even if her situation isn't nearly as bad.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

If you don't have sauce, ya lost. But you can get lost in the sauce. -Gucci Mane

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

a sex offender, sovereign citizen nazi furry

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Markorjoshua posted:

Posting on 4444! Yes!

mods

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

bernie would have done... this...

Bernie would have given him the old razzle-dazzle

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Epic High Five posted:

lol like they have the budget or manpower to do that anymore

They gave their last 10 bucks to Trump when he told them he wanted a Hustler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Markorjoshua posted:

Posting on 4444! Yes!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread