Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Our little buddy made a guest appearance in the GBS incel thread, and I gotta tell you everything makes a lot more sense to me.

Ahahahaha

Antivehicular posted:

While you're using this thread as your confessional, please, tell us about the Bioware rocket animation or what the hell ever

Dark Juno posted:

Well after the love of my life got married to someone else because I could never stand being around her due to developing a phobia of showing any interest in women after being raped as a child for showing interest in a girl, I became attached to the visceral effect of the original Tracer Missile animation for Mercenaries in the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic. Unfortunately since the universe has declared that I'm not allowed to have any happiness of joy in my life, Bioware took that animation away to satisfy a bunch of dumb kids on the forums.

I really liked that animation. That animation was the last thing left in this world that gave me any joy.

Jark Duno posted:

Well since you brought it back up:

The animation is now on a terrible ability that is never used and it doesn't even have the correct sound effects of the original.

And I wouldn't have to keep asking if the developers would just sell me the the option to use the restored animation with proper sound effects on the original ability. On their for-cash market, where they sell a whole bunch of other worthless aesthetic junk.

But no matter now. I've quit and uninstalled that terrible game made by those terrible developers and it's been expunged from my consciousness. There's no need to bring it up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Would it be considered voluntarily celibate if you stopped trying to have sex while not being able to get sex even if you did try?

You SWTOR players might know.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

What a great thread. Med, whats the status of tanks in 5.0? Any build have a particular advantage over the others?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Dude, I'm always here. Watching. Lurking.

But yeah, I've been super busy making stuff for SWTOR. Some cool things coming soon, I hope you enjoy playing them as much as I did making them.

Once I can post some screenshots or something I will. Right now I am busy getting ready for Star Wars Celebration in Orlando next week. Then it'll be back to making pretty pretty pixels.

Is that a standard lightsaber in the dulfy link about the Warbound Crusader pack? At first I thought it was a dualsaber but I'd expect to see the other end sticking out from behind the player, but it looks like a rather long hilt and blade for a standard saber.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Moreau posted:

What a great thread. Med, whats the status of tanks in 5.0? Any build have a particular advantage over the others?

Sin > Jugg > PT. Jugg still has best single target threat and DCD's but the utility adding a reflect to Deflection is crazy op.

Dark Juno posted:

I made a thread telling them they could either merge Kolto Overload with Energy Shield via utility or buff Kolto Overload to 70%-80%. They went ahead and did both and broke the class. Idiots.

Good thing 99% of Mercs are so bad...eating baddie Mercs is my Deception Sin's speciality.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 8, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Moreau posted:

DrunkenGarbageCan nailed it. As always, my heart lies with my Assassin Tank so seeing them be top poo poo is great.

Amazing in PvP too, though you need to build a second set of endurance heavy DPS gear since defensive stats are largely useless.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Good thing 99% of Mercs are so bad...eating baddie Mercs is my Deception Sin's speciality.

Yeah there's nothing quite like the satisfying feeling when I'm fighting one on my Operative and I think "Oh gently caress me, I'm dead", then see a net on me at 90% health and reflect + energy shield go on as soon as I start attacking them. Then it's a satisfying "Oh, okay, I'll just roll around for a few seconds and then murder you."

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Medullah posted:

Yeah there's nothing quite like the satisfying feeling when I'm fighting one on my Operative and I think "Oh gently caress me, I'm dead", then see a net on me at 90% health and reflect + energy shield go on as soon as I start attacking them. Then it's a satisfying "Oh, okay, I'll just roll around for a few seconds and then murder you."

Personally I'd have Bioware remove Electro-Net altogether. It's a band-aid fix that is too strong against certain classes, and virtually worthless against anything else.

Other changes I'd make:

Remove Trauma Regulators
Nerf the surge bonus Arsenal gets to be inline with everyone else's surge talent
Nerf the damage of Heatseeker Missiles and put that damage back into Tracer Missile
Remove the snare utility for Tracer Missile
Add a legendary utility that increases the movement speed of the player by 100% for 2 seconds after successfully casting Tracer Missile, Power Shot or Rapid Scan.

Dark Juno fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 9, 2017

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Medullah posted:

DrunkenGarbageCan nailed it. As always, my heart lies with my Assassin Tank so seeing them be top poo poo is great.

Amazing in PvP too, though you need to build a second set of endurance heavy DPS gear since defensive stats are largely useless.

Thanks for the info, guys. Trying to force myself to play a tank, even though this means not playing my beloved DPS rotations. I've managed to run 1 of each up during the 250% block, so Ill see which one suits me best. Quite liking the PT so far

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Moreau posted:

Thanks for the info, guys. Trying to force myself to play a tank, even though this means not playing my beloved DPS rotations. I've managed to run 1 of each up during the 250% block, so Ill see which one suits me best. Quite liking the PT so far

Well as I've said before, unless you're planning on doing progression raiding, everything is viable. Powertech has some great utility and are the least cooldown reliant of the three. Sonic Rebounder is also one of the most useful utilities in the game.

If you're still on our server and ever playing in God's true time zone and want to practice running something I can always heal ya through it.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
I'm gonna play this game F2P. I bet it's more fun than subbing. Kinda counter-intuitive to make the game more fun without a subscription, but that's Bioware for you.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
gently caress this game is poo poo. How can Bioware staff live with themselves, perpetuating this terrible, soul leeching game? They should really just all kill themselves if this is the best they can do in life. They've already sold themselves to EA so their lives have no intrinsic value. They might as well be Nazi soldiers "following orders" to gas jews.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Ok then moving on...

Anyone have an idea what time patches usually start? I've got tomorrow off work so hopefully it's not a cluster gently caress, real excited for this patch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ok then moving on...

Anyone have an idea what time patches usually start? I've got tomorrow off work so hopefully it's not a cluster gently caress, real excited for this patch.

Your exact times, my friend

You can usually start downloading it almost immediately, but they won't be up for a while after. Follow the SWTOR Twitter and you can get notifications.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
How do you start the shadows of Revan expansion? I recently came back to the game and just finished the original storyline and wanted to move on to this Revan one. I assumed by going to the Herald of Revan on the fleet it would start but it says I need to purchase the expansion. Is it not free for subscribers or do I have to do something extra to get it? I double checked my subscription and it's up to date

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

thepokey posted:

How do you start the shadows of Revan expansion? I recently came back to the game and just finished the original storyline and wanted to move on to this Revan one. I assumed by going to the Herald of Revan on the fleet it would start but it says I need to purchase the expansion. Is it not free for subscribers or do I have to do something extra to get it? I double checked my subscription and it's up to date

You should see a Droid on the west side of the fleet with a purple triangle above him, and assuming you're level 53 you can start the prelude. Alternately you can start it from your ship terminal.

The Herald is just a vendor that sells pre-order statues if you pre-ordered SoR

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Got some bad news for you DrunkenGarbageCan...looks like you're going to have to spend your day off doing something else.

quote:

Hey folks,
We want to ensure our updates release at the highest quality possible and Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath is no different. At this point in time, we are not satisfied with the quality of the Iokath update. For that reason, we are delaying the release of 5.2 by one week, to release on April 18th. This allows the team more time to make improvements to address some of the issues still pending. We did not make this decision lightly as we are very eager for all of you to get your hands on the new storyline, reunite with old Companions, or try your hand at taking down the God of Rage himself.
As soon as we know timing for the next maintenance I will post that information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We will post the patch notes either today or first thing tomorrow so that you know what is planned for 5.2!
Thanks everyone.
-eric

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Better that they take the time to get it right than release a buggy new daily zone I guess.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Aleth posted:

Better that they take the time to get it right than release a buggy new daily zone I guess.

Meat Tree, never forget.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Got some bad news for you DrunkenGarbageCan...looks like you're going to have to spend your day off doing something else.

Well ain't that some bullshit. In my heart of hearts I knew having the day off on patch day could only lead to disappointment though.

At least I can still play...better than a twelve hour maintenance or log in issues or something.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well ain't that some bullshit. In my heart of hearts I knew having the day off on patch day could only lead to disappointment though.

At least I can still play...better than a twelve hour maintenance or log in issues or something.

Yeah and don't open any Tier 3 crates you get until next week - patch notes indicate any current Tier 3 crates will be converted to Tier 4!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Meat Tree, never forget.

I think about it every day

Rocket Man
May 2, 2007

One of these days, Alice ... BANG! ZOOM! Straight to the moon!
I bought a month of sub to get the expansions that have come out since I last played - here's a referral code if anyone's looking for one: http://www.swtor.com/r/LPM4Dy

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rocket Man posted:

I bought a month of sub to get the expansions that have come out since I last played - here's a referral code if anyone's looking for one: http://www.swtor.com/r/LPM4Dy

If I didn't see that your reg date was 2007 I would swear this is a second account of Dark Juno's based on the name.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Medullah posted:

If I didn't see that your reg date was 2007 I would swear this is a second account of Dark Juno's based on the name.

The slowest burn

Rocket Man
May 2, 2007

Medullah posted:

I only skimmed the thread, and I generally don't pay attention to posts with the Banned av. How insulted should I be? :(

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Very.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rocket Man posted:

I only skimmed the thread, and I generally don't pay attention to posts with the Banned av. How insulted should I be? :(

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745548&userid=197740
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793935&userid=197740

Second link is for this thread. First link is the last iteration, where the legend really begins.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pretty sure you just linked the same things twice. Stupid Awful browser.

Rocket Man, he's just a dude obsessed with ranting that Bioware needs to change the animation on Merc's Tracer Missile to what it was originally. He just gets banned and a guy named Rocket Man shows up. Just funny coincidence. :)

Medullah fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 11, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
He truly was the Icarus.

Rocket Man
May 2, 2007

What in the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

Medullah posted:

Rocket Man, he's just a dude obsessed with ranting that Bioware needs to change the animation on Merc's Tracer Missile to what it was originally. He just gets banned and a guy named Rocket Man shows up. Just funny coincidence. :)

Fair enough, I can see that. I shouldn't care, but I feel like I have to defend my screen name now! When I registered, I was legit working as a rocket scientist (well, rocket engineer) - I've never even played the Merc class!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rocket Man posted:

Fair enough, I can see that. I shouldn't care, but I feel like I have to defend my screen name now! When I registered, I was legit working as a rocket scientist (well, rocket engineer) - I've never even played the Merc class!

It's all good, just a lil' joke. Welcome to the game. :) Join the Discord linked in the OP to talk SWTOR with goons. Join the guild if you're on Jedi Covenant, though it's pretty much defunct at this point. I just didn't have the mad guildmaster skills that Oedzi did.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

"Take down the God of Rage?" Dark Juno is coming back after all! :buddy:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Wow, a new operation? Are things getting back on track to it being an MMO and not a single player game?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

Wow, a new operation? Are things getting back on track to it being an MMO and not a single player game?

Seems they're trying. This is just the first boss of the Operation, how quickly the next few come out will probably answer how dedicated they are. I expect they'll announce some dates at SW celebration.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Good to hear. This is still my MMO of choice, and if they make strides in the right direction I'll be back immediately.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
When's the next 250% xp event? assuming it affects f2p players too, i might hop back in NOW so I can have a character ready for when I want to play.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Probably later this summer. The current one is going another week.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh poo poo there's one going on right now?

I can hit 60 in a week, I bet, although i havent played since like KoTET so i have no idea what's changed in more than a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I think I've seen this guy post this same obsession for the missile on the SWTOR forums.

• Locked thread