Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
why didnt you just catch a bus home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who would steal a Beetle???

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Meth

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Fo3 posted:

Have you ever made a huge step to move state, ie tried that and then been totally socially isolated, like nothing works out, and then just been told to move on again? It's like saying to someone right at the bottom of the heap "do more with less". (inch dick hates me so I won't go on)

As opposed to the long LONG line of extremely good reasons to have just to picked up the cat and just gotten the gently caress out of Dodge?

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Much easier said than done for Dave at this point.

Right now I'm more worried about his well being than if he can move or not.

Which is exactly why he should have taken up the offers to move his poo poo, take the cat and stayed out. And yet here we go again, he's flushing his life down the shitter in a meth haze because he put himself right back in the place that lead him to be a meth addict in the first place. I only hope he has a moment of clarity and at least asks for help to get out else we get the news he's dead in the gutter and Rosie ends up locked in a cupboard again. Because frankly this is exactly where this thread is going.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Fine. Someone get me out and I'm gone today. I wanted to for once in my loving life sAve myself from myself.

I have nothing left.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly believe the car was stolen because I told the guy I was afraid of I wasn't working for him anymore and he knew it was the only thing that would truly hurt me

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I dunno dude, there's no shame in admiting you're in over your head and need a hand getting back on your feet.

Very rarely does trying to dig oneself out of a hole work out.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Just keeps getting deeper. If you were transporting :catdrugs: now you potentially have a problem with the police, and the person you think stole it might turn that around on you. Abandon Seattle and dry out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I suppose there's no chance the car was simply towed, eh?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Leperflesh posted:

Or just insured?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Nope no yard has it on record and I have my key oN me. I'm tired of this. Of the fear.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

Or just insured?

It was registered in my name and insured liability only

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DICK DICER posted:

It was registered in my name and insured liability only

Just for future use -- "Fire and Theft," also called "Comprehensive" costs about nothing to add to a liability policy (probably less than $30/half year). "Collision" is what runs insurance rates up.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 11, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
What steps need to happen in order for you to be able to move?

Seminal Flu posted:

Just for future use -- "Fire and Theft," also called "Comprehensive" costs about nothing to add to a liability policy (probably less than $30/half year). "Collision" is what runs insurance rates up.
That's an interesting difference in terminology. We call liability "Third party", with fire and theft it's, well, third party fire and theft, then "comprehensive" is if includes the damage to your own vehicle.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
you think the motorcycle gang has time to and interest to track you down and steal your car...?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

you think the motorcycle gang has time to and interest to track you down and steal your car...?

Like he said, the guy did it to hurt him so he went out of his way to do it obviously.

Dave just do something before you end up a cliche, dead or in jail. If you gotta go crawling to your parents house with your tail between your legs do it, it's better than being a cliche.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dave I don't give you advice cause I know you hate advice.

So tell us what you need.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

What steps need to happen in order for you to be able to move?

I'll guess best case is someone friendly turns up with the roadkill ramp truck and rescues the civic, dicks toolbox and belongings and drives into the sunset, with dick preferably.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'll guess best case is someone friendly turns up with the roadkill ramp truck and rescues the civic, dicks toolbox and belongings and drives into the sunset, with dick preferably.

Don't forget Rosie.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

angryrobots posted:

Dave I don't give you advice cause I know you hate advice.

So tell us what you need.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I now for the Civic he needs:

A Battery
A Carb
$150 for registration
$200 for tickets/late fees

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dont give him any money are guys serious?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Yeah hard stop on the money drives in here. If you want to reach out personally through PM or if you want to offer services that's on you, but no more concentrated donation efforts through AI.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 11, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I can agree with that. Specifics on parts though?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Dave, we don't want to lose you, get the hell out of Seattle and also check out this thread.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Can we just get a greyhound ticket in his name for pickup? Are you down with this Dave?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Yeah tickets and other poo poo he can't sell are fine as far as I'm concerned. If he asks for it and doesn't post proof (in here or to me) he used it for its intended purpose I'll ban him though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I still agree with that sentiment and reiterate the last time I said don't give me a loving dime. I'm not leaving Civic or Rosie. Those are hard stop limits.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

I still agree with that sentiment and reiterate the last time I said don't give me a loving dime. I'm not leaving Civic or Rosie. Those are hard stop limits.

List every single part you absolutely need for the Civic. We'll get them to you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
MT51 battery for sure, Hitachi dcg-306 carb float, I should still have the new points and condenser to go in, I'd have to get over to it to inspect further.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

MT51 battery for sure, Hitachi dcg-306 carb float, I should still have the new points and condenser to go in, I'd have to get over to it to inspect further.

How far away is it? Maybe somebody here can help get it towed to your place?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Rhyno posted:

How far away is it? Maybe somebody here can help get it towed to your place?

I can rent a trailer or dolly, get it behind the XTerra, and tow the Civic wherever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HandlingByJebus posted:

I can rent a trailer or dolly, get it behind the XTerra, and tow the Civic wherever.

Boom, solution.

Now a rational suggestion. Don't go to Valentine yet. Go to your parents and get back on your feet firt.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DICK DICER posted:

Group 51 is at least what the EG Civic takes so there should be a lot of 'em out there.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Hey man you don't know me from Adam but my little brother died a few weeks back because staying in his lovely situation was easier than leaving. If he'd taken any number of chances to cut and run he'd be alive today and my life wouldn't be an overwhelming goddamn disaster of trying to figure out how to clean up the literal and figurative mess he left behind. He thought of himself as a piece of poo poo but his death left a huge smoking crater in the lives of people he never would have wanted to be hurt.

Sorry, I know I'm projecting my situation onto yours a bit but it seems obvious that a change of venue would do you some good. And call me selfish but I like reading your posts and stories and it'd be nice if you were around to keep writing.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Dead Dave is not much fun so get out of that shithole, son.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Maybe with the exception of Waynejay, every captain who starred in their own Star Trek series knew when to leave a hostile alien world and venture back out into the quadrant so that they could find new, better adventures.

You have spent too much time among the natives of the planet Seattle. Venture forth and find new adventures.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Boom, solution.

Now a rational suggestion. Don't go to Valentine yet. Go to your parents and get back on your feet firt.

California is more toxic to my mental health than a hard summer eating freeze dried and cow turds

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Dave's mental health was obviously better in Valentine. This is much more important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Only.goes so far into what I still consider to be unresolved issues. Top being what I cough up daily and cut and pasted in to a Google reference pic at the top with technology reference specimen on the bottom of the image. I'm the only person it seems who thinks they look anything even remotely similAR

NWS that poo poo.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 12, 2017

• Locked thread