Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

leftist heap posted:

https://streamable.com/x8d3y

lmao, just look at Meyers Leonard in this goddamn play. Stick around for the replay. His dumb rear end:

- stumbles into Napier forcing a turnover
- stands there looking like a big dumb moron who can't find the ball
- find the time to look up at the clock and think the game is lost, all while
- Vonleh finds the ball and lays it in with literally 0.1 on the clock

What a rube.

Meyers Leonard..... He's the unfunny Javale Mcgee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Strawberry Panda posted:

poo poo he's still in the league?

Maybe he's the playmaker Lebron needed?

Can't figure out how to embed tweets on my phone but:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kingjames/status/482344663115112448?lang=en

Quizzlefish fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Apr 11, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wait a minute

Did the Blazers' D-Team just beat The Spurs' starters?

:wtf:

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011

leftist heap posted:

https://streamable.com/x8d3y

lmao, just look at Meyers Leonard in this goddamn play. Stick around for the replay. His dumb rear end:

- stumbles into Napier forcing a turnover
- stands there looking like a big dumb moron who can't find the ball
- find the time to look up at the clock and think the game is lost, all while
- Vonleh finds the ball and lays it in with literally 0.1 on the clock

What a rube.

LOL the deadshit holds his head in his hands like the Blazers lost after Vonleh laid it in as well. Amazing

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Teikanmi posted:

Wait a minute

Did the Blazers' D-Team just beat The Spurs' starters?

:wtf:

Well now we know the winning formula for when we reach the conference finals... Napier and Noah Vonleh.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Skip is a reasonable fella

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/851623726525235200

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Zogo posted:

That year the 2, 3, 4, 5 seeds were separated by a single win in the WC. The Spurs won 55 games and got the five seed. If I had to bet I would say the Spurs defeat Cavs in the finals in the altered scenario.

The Spurs vs. Clippers in the first round of the 2015 WC was the strongest first round matchup going by SRS since the Lakers faced the Bulls in the 1973 WC playoffs. The conference system is a travesty compared to an optimum configuration.

Yeah and the playoffs was all 7 games series. Clips beat the Spurs in 7, then lost to the Rockets in 7 iirc. Warriors getting the 1 seed was never more valuable than that year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I dunno. That tweet is actually on the higher tier of Skip Bayless tweets.

I actually kinda smirked at it.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

I dunno. That tweet is actually on the higher tier of Skip Bayless tweets.

I actually kinda smirked at it.

Yeah, there is like an actual joke in there

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I can't wait for the playoffs to start!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

those new Steph shoes are garbage, but they're not top tier garbage like the Curry 2 was last year. like these won't cause a mental breakdown that leads to the Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

those new Steph shoes are garbage, but they're not top tier garbage like the Curry 2 was last year. like these won't cause a mental breakdown that leads to the Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals

They still look like he's doubling down on producing a shoe line for seniors.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Papercut posted:

They still look like he's doubling down on producing a shoe line for seniors.

It's a lucrative untapped market

http://www.theonion.com/article/55-year-old-guy-dominating-ymca-pickup-basketball--50813

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hot take the warriors aren't going to win games if they continue to play javale mcgee as a small forward

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hes moved on from senior day at the Y to senior day at your local bowling alley

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

RCarr posted:

I can't wait for the playoffs to start!

It's already playoff time:

Just win, baby.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Athanatos posted:

It's already playoff time:

Just win, baby.

I really want that 6 seed to see Lance vs. the Raptors: Part Deux.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

get ready

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is really happening then?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/851843236960325635
Mavs will have two #9s tonight. It's too bad they won't give Romo minutes. I imagine if they did it might cause a chain reaction about tanking being bad and cause future lotto changes. I might get a Romo Mavs jersey shirt if they have them at the arena tonight.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pubic works project posted:

The CBS breakdown says it's a little more complicated than what Athantos posted. They also need a Bucks win:

quote:

The Pacers can finish as high as sixth and as low as eighth. If they want to finish sixth, they need a Hawks loss to Charlotte on Tuesday. Their scenarios if they beat Atlanta:

- If the Hawks win one game and the Pacers win: The Pacers are the seventh seed.
- If the Hawks lose both games, the Bucks win, and the Pacers win: The Pacers are the sixth seed.
- If the Hawks lose both games, and the Bucks lose: The Pacers are the seventh seed by virtue of a 3-way tie.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-playoff-picture-standings-scenarios-matchups-as-celtics-reclaim-no-1-in-east/

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 11, 2017

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The East sucks so bad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pubic works project posted:

Personally I'm more interested in a potential Lance-LeBron rematch.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/851843236960325635
Mavs will have two #9s tonight. It's too bad they won't give Romo minutes. I imagine if they did it might cause a chain reaction about tanking being bad and cause future lotto changes. I might get a Romo Mavs jersey shirt if they have them at the arena tonight.

Honestly, this is a great solution to the tanking problem. Do you want to pay money to see your crap team field a bunch of 10 day contract stiffs to secure a loss, or do you want them to bring in a some retiring/retired local sports hero to try and get a bucket

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

I imagine if they did it might cause a chain reaction about tanking being bad and cause future lotto changes. I might get a Romo Mavs jersey shirt if they have them at the arena tonight.

No way Carlisle would play Romo if the game is close, and the 4 or 5 minutes he'd be on the floor would have very little effect on the outcome of the game or their draft position. No one would care. If it's a blowout I think he comes out and tosses a few passes to dirk and takes a shot or two.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

No way Carlisle would play Romo if the game is close, and the 4 or 5 minutes he'd be on the floor would have very little effect on the outcome of the game or their draft position. No one would care. If it's a blowout I think he comes out and tosses a few passes to dirk and takes a shot or two.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when they told Carlisle the idea. I think since he and Brussino share #9 he can't actually play. People shouldn't care but if ESPN ran a highlight of Romo airballing ad nauseam while talking about tanking being bad, you'd have a bunch of casual fans who only watch playoff basketball angry/demanding the league make changes.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Honestly, this is a great solution to the tanking problem. Do you want to pay money to see your crap team field a bunch of 10 day contract stiffs to secure a loss, or do you want them to bring in a some retiring/retired local sports hero to try and get a bucket

It really is. Detroit had Isiah Thomas, Tayshaun Prince, Chauncey Billups, etc. over for the last day at the Palace. Pistons should've suited them up. Would've been more fun to watch and would've had the same outcome.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Romo thing is stupid as hell.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I never thought I would wish that Stern was back in charge, he would never let this poo poo fly.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao are people really outraged about this?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I think it's fun and good. Not every game needs to be as competitive as possible. We're about to get 2 months of crazy serious games, we can have a few near the end that are comical.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/cagrizbeat/status/851858948898553856

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when they told Carlisle the idea. I think since he and Brussino share #9 he can't actually play.

Oh, I thought they actually gave him a 10-day or something. If they didn't then, yeah, it's just a stadium PR thing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

Oh, I thought they actually gave him a 10-day or something. If they didn't then, yeah, it's just a stadium PR thing.

All the quotes I've read on it would lead me to believe he is on the actual roster, but having the same number as another player makes me think he isn't officially on the team.

https://twitter.com/swish41/status/851853647415844865

edit:
“He’s not going to be signing a contract — that’s not really feasible for some different reasons,” said Carlisle, and in fact, Romo’s “membership’’ on this roster is so unofficial that DallasBasketball.com reported on Monday that he’ll be issued jersey No. 9 — even as Mavs rookie Nico Brussino is already wearing his own No. 9. “But he is going to be with us for a day, he’s going to participate in (Tuesday morning’s) shootaround, I’m going to put him on the scout team — the Denver scout team — to do our walk-through stuff. … He’s going to be assigned a shooting time before the game with all our other guys, he’s going to suit up and be in the warmups, and he will be introduced and we will have a tribute to him.”
http://www.scout.com/nba/mavericks/story/1769894-mavs-romo-tribute-melting-the-garrett-ice

Even with him not being able to play, I will be disappointed if a Romo chant doesn't happen at some point in the game.

edit 2: if anyone is wondering the TWolves and Kings both hold tiebreakers over the Mavs if they end up with the same record.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 11, 2017

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Ramadu posted:

did no one talk about how bad stephs new shoe is lmao

Are we doing this again, because if so:

Can't we just get some JC Penney's gift cards for your sisters for Christmas? VIIs

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Please no.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That was the worst posting trend ever and everyone who participated in it should grind up and eat their keyboard.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chairchucker posted:

That was the worst posting trend ever and everyone who participated in it should grind up and eat their keyboard.

XIII's

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Why are we not discussing how loving awful the new Wolves logo is?
https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/851867985316909057

Look at it. A near copy of the Wizards only just worse in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Drunk Canuck posted:

Why are we not discussing how loving awful the new Wolves logo is?
https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/851867985316909057

Look at it. A near copy of the Wizards only just worse in every way.

The expression on that wolf's face is my expression when I'm squeezing out a loaf.

• Locked thread